what happens when you order a package from the UK?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 09:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what happens when you order a package from the UK?

so the company is in UK

they wrap the product, stick it in some foam peanuts, drop the packing slip in, tape up the box, put an address on it, and mail it.

so when it gets here....do they open it? x-ray it?
Old 12-11-2007, 09:21 PM
Launching!

Depends on how its getting moved, via UPS, FEDEX, DHL or on an airline. If its with the big boys, maybe get xrayed, might get opened but probly not. If on an airline, it will be opened and/or xrayed.

What are you getting thats illegal??? j/k if it does get opened, its gonna be a customs agent with a lot of time on their hands.
Old 12-11-2007, 09:24 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i will say this, tho.....right now is the time to ship something or get it shipped.....everyone will be overwhelmed for the holidays, and LOTS of stuff will slip through
Old 12-11-2007, 09:31 PM
Launching!

Actually starting in early to mid Nov. the volume increases. The screening on small packages isnt the best, lots of stuff gets through, like our anchorage office sent us a plain box with a toxic and poisonous HAZMAT in it, a HUGE NO NO, but it made it through and on an airline!
Old 12-11-2007, 10:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

what i want shipped is a cell phone jammer from UK

was just wondering if i bought one, would i get in trouble.
Old 12-11-2007, 10:12 PM

ah then you have nothing to worry about. i can bet you they won't even know what it is if they run it through an xray.

lol why are you getting a cell phone jammer?
Old 12-11-2007, 10:18 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by SumGuyFromTX86
ah then you have nothing to worry about. i can bet you they won't even know what it is if they run it through an xray.

lol why are you getting a cell phone jammer?
The same reason everybody else in the world wants one. to **** with people at malls, restaurants, driving, etc...I was thinking the same thing to order one from the uk its funny how this thread came up I was thinking the same thing
Old 12-11-2007, 11:02 PM
Staging Lane

ive ordered stuff from Czech republic that got through. you shouldnt have a problem.
Old 12-11-2007, 11:08 PM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Mature people here. Why don't you join a college and get another degree (if u have one already) since you have so much time on your hands.
Old 12-12-2007, 06:57 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Urban Legend
Mature people here. Why don't you join a college and get another degree (if u have one already) since you have so much time on your hands.
LOL better put your flame suite on!
Old 12-12-2007, 07:13 AM
TECH Apprentice

uh....what?
Old 12-12-2007, 09:41 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you do know that its a $10,000 fine and a good chance of jail time just to have one, let alone the fine for using it. and then discussing all this on a semi public forum. big brother does have a way of telling where the jamming is coming from, it may take a while.
Old 12-12-2007, 10:02 AM
Launching!

That's what ruins it for everybody else when they start talking about "going to mess with people just for the fun of it. A lot of people think this is a toy or something, in the wrong hands it is but I guess there is no philosophical (sp)way of justifying what is a responsible way of using/having one. A deeply regret letting the cat out of the bag. No toes were meant to be stepped on by saying this so please dont let any of this get to you. And the last time I checked it was $11k a day fine.
Old 12-12-2007, 10:48 AM
TECH Apprentice

1) it can be up to an 11k fine.
2)discussing this isn't illegal.
3)big brother does have a way of finding the location of a transmitter like this but trust me when i say they have waaaay bigger fish to fry.(not that this makes it any less risky or illegal)
4)i don't want it to play jokes on people. i want it for movie theatres or driving in my car where people should have the decency/courtesy/respect/intelligence not to be on their cell phones.

the other day i was at a left turn signal behind a woman on the phone. she sat through the entire green turn signal due to her phone. she went on yellow leaving me at the red light. /scream
Old 12-12-2007, 10:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Seriously, what the **** is the point of having one? Its just like road rage- you **** with the wrong person and they find out, you're liable to end up in a gutter somewhere.
To answer your first question, yes the big companies will send it through and automated x-ray which which will pick up certain items and redflag it to be inspected by customs. Something like this would more than likely not be picked up by x-ray..
Old 12-12-2007, 11:04 AM
12 Second Club

oh c'mon.... if you want mature go to the corvette forums...
Old 12-12-2007, 11:11 AM
TECH Regular

I ordered some liquor from the Czech Republic and it came through without any problems.
Old 12-13-2007, 03:54 AM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Originally Posted by kornfreak_401
oh c'mon.... if you want mature go to the corvette forums...
Somehow I don't think you mean this.
Old 12-13-2007, 05:22 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Ceissus
1) it can be up to an 11k fine.
2)discussing this isn't illegal.
3)big brother does have a way of finding the location of a transmitter like this but trust me when i say they have waaaay bigger fish to fry.(not that this makes it any less risky or illegal)
4)i don't want it to play jokes on people. i want it for movie theatres or driving in my car where people should have the decency/courtesy/respect/intelligence not to be on their cell phones.

the other day i was at a left turn signal behind a woman on the phone. she sat through the entire green turn signal due to her phone. she went on yellow leaving me at the red light. /scream
that's what car horns are for....i would have layed on the horn behind that woman the second i saw that she was too busy talking on the phone to notice the green light....and it works....i know, because i've done it plenty of times.

cell phone jammers are illegal for a reason. what if someone had an emergency and the "inconsiderate" person on the cell phone in the theater or on the road was a surgeon on call, and they needed to be notified to perform a life-saving operation? you could literally cause someone to die.

granted, someone driving while talking on the phone can cause a death just as easily, but that's not your decision....it's theirs, and they will have to live with the consequences of their own actions.

the laws in this country are not perfect, and yes, people are extremely inconsiderate at times. but just imagine if everyone who had a beef with someone else decided to take things into their own hands....it would be like a ******* war zone out there. don't stoop to their level.

it actually kinda sounds to me like you could use some counseling/therapy to deal with your own insecurities & anger if you would resort to illegally importing this thing and risking a large fine & possible jail time over something as simple as an inconsiderate person talking on the phone in a theater. how about the next time you have a problem with someone on the phone, you grow some ***** and let them know about it, instead of sitting there and letting your anger stew? 9 times out of 10, they will either turn it off or leave the theater. if they don't, then it's time to get rude with them until they do.
Old 12-13-2007, 07:24 AM
ZRO
Staging Lane

Just curious how much do they run ?

Cant wait to get mine and use it in the movie theater to shut everybodys cell phones off and rob their asses.