Some f-ckhead broke into my truck today

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2007, 05:41 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
Not sure what a pager alarm would be good for. I'd just walk out and get shot by my own gun.
not necessarily.....it would alert you as soon as the alarm started to go off, and you could possibly get out to the vehicle before they had time to find the gun. even if not, you would have a better chance of knowing something is wrong, and be able to get a description of the person or the vehicle they're in to give to the cops to help them try to find the piece of ****.

plus, once you get your concealed carry license......
Old 12-13-2007, 06:51 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

CHL is planned for me and the wife.

TX law passed in Sept allows you to carry a loaded concealed gun in your vehicle at all times. No CHL required. I believe you need to be 21 or older. If you get pulled over, simply tell the officer you have a firearm inside.
Old 12-13-2007, 07:01 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by c5_ls1_6spd
I don't think you've seen the most recently updated list as of November 2007. The Cadillac Escalade was at the very top.
Post it up cause I can't find it. Thanks
Old 12-13-2007, 07:30 AM
Launching!

Did the police ever catch the person who stole your wheels?
It doesn't sound like it from your previos post regarding all the breakins you've had.
It's pretty bad when you can't catch a theif even when there is video footage.

Last edited by T/A-Speedfreak; 12-14-2007 at 08:38 AM.
Old 12-13-2007, 07:38 AM
Launching!

CHL is planned for me and the wife.

TX law passed in Sept allows you to carry a loaded concealed gun in your vehicle at all times. No CHL required. I believe you need to be 21 or older. If you get pulled over, simply tell the officer you have a firearm inside.
I"m still fuzzy on if I can carry one as well legally. I dont have any felonys but at that time it was a class A misdemeanor to have in possession without a CHL in 2000. Tony, for $650 for each vehicle, you also might want to invest in a non monthly payment and get a lojack system as well. You'll be sure that they get caught then. I know about your Revco system, but I'd rather them get caught red handed and put away for a long time.
Old 12-13-2007, 07:39 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by T/A-Speedfreak
Did the police ever catch the person who stole your wheels?
It doesn't sound like it from your previos post regarding all the breakins you've had.
It pretty bad when you can't catch a theif even when there is video footage.

It's just as bad is when there is video footage and they either have the camera off at that time or the video is so grainy that one still cant tell who or what the license plate read.
Old 12-13-2007, 07:54 AM
TECH Apprentice

Sorry this happened to you yesterday....I'm glad they didn't f*ck up your nav/stereo stuff or mess up the door.

Back when I was in college some f*cks stole my stereo out of my 1980 Blazer....the box and CD player couldn't have been worth more than $20 at a flea market...think I was more pissed about them stealing my favorite CD in the player at the time. Hopefully Karma catches up to these people...

On another note, pimp truck man!!
Old 12-13-2007, 08:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

That really sucks.

As much as I hate it this is why I bought a beater car to drive every day. I leave my nice things in the garage. The only nice thing about driving a beater car is not putting miles on the nicer rides and if I hit something in the road or someone dents the door in a parking lot I don't even care. Hell, the first time I saw a cardboard box fly off a truck and land in front of me I floored it and watched the box hit and fly over the top of my Prelude
Old 12-13-2007, 08:51 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Originally Posted by Grimlock1968
Tony, for $650 for each vehicle, you also might want to invest in a non monthly payment and get a lojack system as well. You'll be sure that they get caught then. I know about your Revco system, but I'd rather them get caught red handed and put away for a long time.
Professional thieves have simple little devices that disable lojack or any other GPS related tracking equipment. Some are less than $40:

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.8758
Old 12-13-2007, 09:07 AM
it is on low boost

door handle was $85, I replaced it just now. No other damage, luckily.

Filed the police report and gave them the gun serial #. The officer told me that there is usually a good chance of getting it back, because these crooks aren't very smart and usually get busted with the weapon later.

He also said all of those restaurants in that area get stuff broken into daily. The tow truck guy that dropped by also confirmed that. Guess I won't be driving there for lunch anymore

Not sure what a pager alarm would be good for. I'd just walk out and get shot by my own gun.

Buy a TAZER and carry it on you at all times!
Old 12-13-2007, 09:17 AM
Launching!

Geez, I didnt know they made those already(not sarcastic). Time to invent a device that blocks blockers.

Well hell, if they really want it that bad, no matter what is put on any vehicle, if they want it that bad, they will car jack you. Even armored cars arent safe, proven fact.

Last edited by Grimlock; 12-13-2007 at 09:29 AM.
Old 12-13-2007, 09:22 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

lol. Do a google search on GPS blocker or GPS jammer. There are dozens out there. Any car thief that steals for a living carries one in his pocket.

Nick, a tazer might be fun
Old 12-13-2007, 09:56 AM
Launching!

lol. Do a google search on GPS blocker or GPS jammer. There are dozens out there. Any car thief that steals for a living carries one in his pocket.

Nick, a tazer might be fun
That's an idea!! Tazer the m/f then take his gun and shoot him with it! It is the Joe Horn Texas Article CUinHell amendment mutually admitted by the "STCT" committee.

*Sick and Tired Citizens of Thugs"
Old 12-13-2007, 11:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

I had a hidden kill switch on my last z28. you would have to tow the car to steal it.
Old 12-13-2007, 05:45 PM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Insurance won't do **** since none of the items were permanent/attached to the vehicle. Basically, I just donated a radar, music, and pistol to some lowlife ******* that was too f-cking lazy to work and buy his own stuff.

Door handle just needs to be replaced, cheap fix.

Check with your homeowners policy. Some cover contents of your car.
Mine does (USAA)

If you are going to leave a gun in your vehicle, you should pick up a gunsafe for it. They are availabe in several configs, some are just a locking box with a braided cable, others bolt in.
Old 12-13-2007, 06:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Nick K
Buy a TAZER and carry it on you at all times!
Damn Tony I hate to hear this ****...

I'll have to agree with Nick, 'for starters'...

Then stuff his sorry MF'n *** in the trunk, bring him out to my house where nobody can hear him scream. A little water-boarding on my picnic table as a teaser, some more tazzering just to see that MF'r sqirm and scream bloody murder, then bury half his body in my pasture, duct tape his mouth shut and let some of the local night predators have their way with him for the evening.

The next morning, if theres anything left, I'd like to take an R/C truck that resembles an Escalade and use his f**kin' face as a play ground for the next several hours and leave him out for another night...that outta do it.

I hate f**kin' thieves... I do have my CHL, I carry every day, and would pull a 'Joe Horn' on their scum bag ***' without hesitation...

"He came at me and I feared for my life". Cocksuckin' thievin' bastards...!!!!!!
Old 12-13-2007, 06:06 PM
On The Tree

probably the same guys that hit my apt complex. I'm on the North side too. They got into my car by drilling the lock then they stole my PCM. the next day they broke into a ram right next to my car and stole his comp and head unit. i would have payed so much to catch them in the act!!
Old 12-13-2007, 06:46 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Originally Posted by philntx
Check with your homeowners policy. Some cover contents of your car.
Mine does (USAA)
My homeowners policy does cover it, but my deductible is 1% of my home value. For example, 1% of $200,000 would be $2,000. More than the cost of what was stolen.
Old 12-13-2007, 07:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

Tony things happen in THREE's so I'd say your done for this year. Sucks about the escalade. You may want to go to church or something and get rid of the bad luck.
Old 12-13-2007, 08:27 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by c5_ls1_6spd
Escalades are #1 on the Top most stolen vehicles in Houston, luckily they didn't steal your truck....
Your probably the stupid ****** that broke in it you liar!!!!!!