Lonestar Muscle New Car Club DFW Membership Info Inside!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2007, 07:02 PM
Banned

Location: Putting my feet in your couch, cause thats how im living
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb

Hey guys,

Yes we are working up a banner and design logo, I will make sure to release pictures of it as soon as possible. The club is based off a voting process, thus meaning if its not to the taste of the club someone " could " step up make one and have it voted on.

Also if you have the talents to design and contribute to this process shoot us some of your idea's and we would be more than happy to discuss it with you.

This is a real common since group of guys and what works and what makes since is what we are going to do.

For those of you that are interested in the car club and want to pay your member fee now I can collect it at the I-20 and hulen meet. That meet is no longer the one I started. As a promoter I will be answering questions their and also taking membership applications at that time as well.

Still will be a meet but will also give some guys outside the club a chance to meet members and see what exactly it is that we do. I want this to be known, that this club is the " Real Deal ". Meaning we are taking this to the next level and look to grow and always have goals to help us achieve that next level.

The latest info is that when you join you will sign a membership application that is a small form that will have your information on it. It will also have some long and short term goals that you would like to see furfilled in the club.
Also you will put down your shirt and hat sizes, if you want a sticker what size and etc.

When you become a member it will be asked of you to be mature and not tarnish the name of the club by breaking laws and using the club as a avenue to encourage illegal activities.

Guys do not be afraid to pick up your phone and call me if you have questions. I am availble 24 hours a day, if you work late shift and cant call till midnight. THEN CALL ME AT MIDNIGHT!!!

Appreciate the shout outs mellow and other LS-1tech members, why not join and still wish us luck

ALSO IF YOUR INTERESTED POST UP SO I CAN WRITE YOUR NAME DOWN AND POST IT!!!!

Last edited by What a Rush; 12-13-2007 at 07:26 PM.
Old 12-13-2007, 07:20 PM
Teching In

im in
Old 12-13-2007, 07:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm interested!!
How about a Mod Day?? I have an LS6 intake that needs installed!!
Old 12-13-2007, 07:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

interesting
Old 12-13-2007, 07:55 PM
10 Second Club

$60 isn't a lot of money.. Hell.. That's what it costs to fill up isn't it?
Old 12-14-2007, 04:25 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Saladbar
$60 isn't a lot of money.. Hell.. That's what it costs to fill up isn't it?
hell yea to fill up my mothers yukon and that isnt half of it. lol well count me in
Old 12-14-2007, 07:27 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by What a Rush
Appreciate the shout outs mellow and other LS-1tech members, why not join and still wish us luck
I cant afford the $40 to maintain membership with the car club that I co-founded, so no way I can plop $60 down now.

I do wish you luck having been through this myself..... Prepare for a roller coaster ride my man.
Old 12-14-2007, 10:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sounds like a cool club, I like the idea of the tech talk segment of meetings. I had a similar feature when I started the SMU Car Club at SMU. My club flopped though from lack of participation. Only had two meetings, and only 2 people showed up to the third meet so I got fed up with it. It had the promise of being a really good club too; I wasn't charging membership fees and God knows there are some cool cars at SMU you and I can't afford.

I'm sorta interested, but if meetings are in North Richland Hills, I'm not too keen on it. We try not to put very many miles on our f-bodies if we can help it, which is a big part of why we aren't members of Texas F-body Association either. If you guys ever have meets in Dallas or Addison I'd be interested in hearing about them though.
Old 12-14-2007, 10:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Oh hey, I forgot to suggest this. You can take this idea from my club if you'd like to use it.

My idea was to have a "showoff" at every meeting. This was supposed to work very well at SMU since people had luxury cars and such with unique features, but the club failed too soon to get more than our Z28, a BMW, and a Toyota Celica Supra shown off.

A "showoff" was a 15 minute segment of each meeting where a single member would show off their car to everyone. Everyone would crowd around the person's car, and the owner would speak about it. When they bought it, what they've done to it, unique options, how much horsepower it has, how many miles, what it runs at the track if they do that, etc. And they'd start the car up and show off any unique features of their car (the plan was, some of the luxury owners would show off their navigation, HUD, headlights that turn in the direction of steering, sport mode, etc, etc, in my case, I just blasted some music, popped the hood, showed the rear seat folded down to make it into a two-seater, etc), and the "showoff" would end with some engine revving (this was a lot of fun for me in a parking garage where the exhaust echoed).

Anyway, I think if this club is going to have more than just f-bodies, then that'd be a really entertaining segment. It's also a GREAT way for people to get to know each other.
Old 12-14-2007, 11:58 AM
Banned

Exclamation

Hey guys,

I am very sorry,
I am confused for some of you guys that posted, are you interested or just posting ???

I took the name down That_guy, how have you been??? Have not talked with you since the last meet?

Please if your not interested, Dont post. I am trying to get a accurate count of people who needs information.

Brangeta, thanks for the ideas. Are you interested in becoming a member??

Remember guys this is twice a month, Your mileage issue should not be a problem with driving once every 2 weeks. Its worth every minute of your time and should not scare you. I come all the way from FT Sill Oklahoma every weekend to see my wife and kids and participate in this club.

By the way I am taking 23 days of leave. That means I have 23 days to work day and night to assist and answer questions and help in any way I can. If you have a question please call or Pm.

HERE IS THE UPDATED LIST OF PEOPLE WHO ARE INTERESTED

elverde98formula
Hugger-96-LT1
01NBAT/A
Cheetoh
PhantomLT1
That Guy
txhotboi972
kosovobandit
irbs
Arctic2002SS
Bmxer8699
Bruser'sLS1
Omega Doom
1970 Judge
Capn Smokey
98mysticz
Jdmoore144
pjmayher
PewterY2KZ28
please message me if I left out your name or if your interested.

Also there are members who dont have LS-1tech names. So if you have a friend that wants in just have them call me and I will give them the nessesary info.

Thanks Guys

Last edited by What a Rush; 12-17-2007 at 11:48 AM. Reason: Updating list.
Old 12-14-2007, 12:47 PM
11 Second Club

yea texas fba isnt a group because of lack of participation and all they wanna do is sit at hot rods and hogs and b/s about stuff that happened early in the week i am not down for that i would also like to see like a "class" or intructional (sp) gathering on how to do stuff for people that want to learn... i do all my own work except machine work but but say some one needed a converter put in and they were willing to do it we could walk/teach them how to do it and how it works i am ase certified and have been a tech for 7 years now and dont mind people asking questions or wanting to know something.... i think it would also be cool doing the drag racing events along with car shows... i love to race but dont wanna break stuff so i am buildin a bigger motor which will make me break stuff... then we can show how to fix it we can use my car as a ginie (sp) pig if you will that is if the club wants... and it will also be run off e85
Old 12-14-2007, 01:09 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So I am very interested in the club. But I'm not to sure when you guys meet. I personally would have to do a payment plan, but would still like some more info.
Old 12-14-2007, 01:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

For now, I'll say no, I'm not interested. (just being honest)

I just know I won't end up coming to many of the meetings if I joined since it's outside where I normally drive.
Old 12-16-2007, 01:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Sunday bump
Old 12-16-2007, 03:45 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 94 Likes on 74 Posts

Add me to the list... PM me "what a rush"....
So, you are @ Ft. Sill..? Where at? What do you do?

PM me...
Old 12-16-2007, 04:20 PM
On The Tree

I'm in. Pm me some info in the payment. Guys $60 isn't really alot annually. Hell my Amex card is more than that a year, but I enjoy all the benefits. So paying a little for alot in return in never a bad idea.
Old 12-16-2007, 09:25 PM
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Here it is guys... the original rough draft! This is from Greed 4 Speed. I like it... what do you guys think?

Thanks to all of the guys who are actively working on this Club. They are busting their collective butts to make this thing a reality!.

g
Old 12-17-2007, 11:17 AM
Banned

Also

On the shirts coming out soon that will be on the back. There is another logo
that will go on the front left or right side, you can see that down below.

This will also be on the front part of the hat, and on the back of the hats the
Lonestar Muscle will be placed.

Latest update is that the first meet for the Club will be,

JAN 12th from 5:00-7:00pm at Ace Racing Transmissions.

Thanks guys for your time,

Zach

Last edited by What a Rush; 12-17-2007 at 11:52 AM.
Old 12-17-2007, 11:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

LS/M

To be exact w/the font. Think of it as a reverse early Z/28
logo
Old 12-17-2007, 01:06 PM
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

-bump-

Quick Reply: Lonestar Muscle New Car Club DFW Membership Info Inside!!