Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2007 | 07:15 AM
Staging Lane

thanks ttt
Old 12-28-2007 | 02:04 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by the man
thanks ttt

Consider submitting him to rescue. There are rescue groups in both Houston and Austin - they'll screen the home for him, actually check on previous pet's vet records and physcially go and check on where he might live before approving him for adoption.

They won't take him from you - they're overburdened already and there are dogs that get euthanized because no slots are available... You may be able to get a courtesy listing and perhaps owner screening though.

If you're interested, PM me. If you really care about getting that dog a good "forever" home - it's the way to go. Rescue will often take the dog back if he happens to run into another owner than decides he's not "wanted" anymore.

Downside: You won't get paid.
Upside: It's the responsible thing to do if you're going to abandon your dog.

If your dog is up to date on shots and heartworms, it's usually a 1-3 month wait to get him adopted by a qualified home. Less for younger animals that have more traditional colors (black/tan).

Does he/she have any training? Well behaved? Interact well with other dogs?

Old 12-28-2007 | 02:13 PM
Teching In

Good Luck on finding your dog a good home!
Old 12-28-2007 | 06:28 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by dcg9381
Consider submitting him to rescue. There are rescue groups in both Houston and Austin - they'll screen the home for him, actually check on previous pet's vet records and physcially go and check on where he might live before approving him for adoption.

They won't take him from you - they're overburdened already and there are dogs that get euthanized because no slots are available... You may be able to get a courtesy listing and perhaps owner screening though.

If you're interested, PM me. If you really care about getting that dog a good "forever" home - it's the way to go. Rescue will often take the dog back if he happens to run into another owner than decides he's not "wanted" anymore.

Downside: You won't get paid.
Upside: It's the responsible thing to do if you're going to abandon your dog.

If your dog is up to date on shots and heartworms, it's usually a 1-3 month wait to get him adopted by a qualified home. Less for younger animals that have more traditional colors (black/tan).

Does he/she have any training? Well behaved? Interact well with other dogs?

I AM NOT AND WILL NOT ABANDON HIM...IF I HAVE TO KEEP HIM THEN SO BE IT

I've owned him since puppy he is potty trained and very smart
Old 12-28-2007 | 10:35 PM
Teching In

Sorry to be on your case, man.. I simply don't understand people that get rid of dogs. These guys are lifetime companions for me.

If you can't take care of him or can't give him a good life - do try and adopt him out. You're right to ask money for him - it helps screen some of the riff-raff, but trust me the home is far more important.

Someone that complains $200 for a dog really can't afford to take care of one long term.

Like i said, if you want a coutesy listing with rescue, I may be able to help.
Old 12-31-2007 | 03:49 PM
Staging Lane

yea your right ttt for the day
Old 01-01-2008 | 08:31 PM
Staging Lane

to the top
Old 01-02-2008 | 09:01 PM
Staging Lane

ttttttttttt