Work out junkies come in. Part II

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 04:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you can't sleep a lot, then your muscles are never going to rest. Recovery is half the battle. And if you can't eat healthy foods, you'll never get the nutrition you need.

Learn how to portion and snack healthy.

If you want to gain mass, you need to eat a lot. 5000 calories, double bodyweight in protein, 450-500g carbs, and keep fat to a minimum. Plan your meals to be slow digesting if you have to wait more than 3 hours to eat again. If you eat a lot of **** foods, you'll start to lose abs, you'll develop flab, and you'll pay for it later on. Do it right from the start.
Old 01-23-2008, 05:51 PM
9 Second Club NA

Here's a breakdown of my daily schedule to the "T".

4:45 am - Wake up for work
5:25 am - Leave for work
5:55 am - Arrive to work
6:00 am - Start work
8:00 am - 1st meal
12:00 pm - 2nd meal
6:00 pm - End work
6:30 pm - Arrive home
6:30 pm - 7:00 pm - Settle in, eat, etc.
7:00 pm - 7:30 pm - Cook breakfast & lunch for work next day
7:15 pm - Take pre-work out drink
7:45 pm - Start workout
8:30 pm - Take post-work out shake
9:00 pm - Finish workout
9:00 pm - 9:15 pm - Brush teeth, put in bleaching trays
9:15 pm - 9:30 pm - Get things ready for next day
9:30 pm - 9:45 pm - Shower
10:00 pm - Bedtime
10:30 pm - 11:00 pm - Fall asleep

Was the lunch meal I mentioned above nothing something you consider healthy? In the mornings, it's usually breafast tacos, sausage bisquits, etc. that I prepare and make at home. Tacos usually include chorizo, eggs, beans, potatoes, and onions, or manchicado (caldo de res), eggs, tomato sauce, garlic powder, salt, onions, serrano peppers, beans, etc.
Old 01-23-2008, 06:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

the meal could have been better - no gravy, no chocolate thing, chicken instead of pork, milk instead of water.

Try to drink skim milk with every meal and water in between meals. 1/2 gallon of milk a day should be mandatory.

Peanut butter+cottage cheese+milk right before bed since it's slow digesting

Add in bananas, frozen strawberries, and cooked real oats to your shakes.

You can either do an immediate shake upon rising, then eat a smaller breakfast before you leave.. or eat a slightly larger breakfast.

Breakfast = real oatmeal + fruit + milk + egg whites (or egg beaters).

Sausage and beef are fatty. Get yourself bulk packages of chicken and cook 4 or so the night before so you can eat them all day. I make 4 chicken breasts + 5-6 servings of pasta/rice every morning to eat throughout the day.

Substitute olive oil instead of butter.
Old 01-23-2008, 09:46 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I didn't read all three pages so I hope this hasn't been said already.
I carry a cooler to work. I stick to things that don't require much prep 'cause I don't have time, and I'm not much of a cook. Meals are all small but hi in protien. Sandwich and yogurt, can of tuna and apple, protien bar, chicken breast and raw broccli, etc. I eat a min of six times a day and usually eight. I eat the same thing at the same time. You don't have to, but it's easy and gives you a good base line. Once you see what your body's doing it's easy to make adjustments. I hope that helps and good luck reaching your goals.
Old 01-23-2008, 09:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I just got in on this so I didnt read all that has posted but Im ex special forces and have worked out all my life. The main thing to focus on is map out what you want whether it is muscle growth or leaning up. sounds like you want to grow.

I personally use this setup

Monday Chest, Triceps, stomach, cardio
Tuesday legs, calves, stomach oblic's,
Wednesday back, biceps,forarms, lats, stomach, cardio
Thursday interval cardio, stomach, 45 minutes MMA style grappling
Friday shoulders , traps, and sometimes strength training
Sat Cardio rest
Sunday rest

To grow your body must have a balanced nutrition factor as well.
You need to take in 2 grams of protein per body lb of weight you carry
Match that with a Good complex carb that will brk down over a longer period to carry your energy levels
I try to keep fat intake down to around 25 to 30 grams a day its hard but you have to be loyal to yourself.
Try to eat foods rich in omega 3 fatty acids thats your good fat. IE. Tuna, fish
I eat alot of lean protein: chicken , veil, albacore tuna, baked salmon
Take a good multi vitamin everday . Eat atleast 8 times aday fill in with meal replacement shakes. Drink a ton of water
I like alot of products that are out right now but believe me there is not a easy pill or shake you can drink to make you big and in shape. If its legal it doesnt work over night. I know trust me. Anyways get plenty of rest your muscles grow when they are resting. Always eat or drink a protein shake atleast 45 minutes after or immediately after you work out feed your muscles. I could go on for days but I think your just starting out so thats the basics. If you need any other advice just ask brother.
Im 6.4 and 255-260 hope that helps.
Old 01-23-2008, 10:51 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by SiL3NtXWS6
the meal could have been better - no gravy, no chocolate thing, chicken instead of pork, milk instead of water.

Try to drink skim milk with every meal and water in between meals. 1/2 gallon of milk a day should be mandatory.

Peanut butter+cottage cheese+milk right before bed since it's slow digesting

Add in bananas, frozen strawberries, and cooked real oats to your shakes.

You can either do an immediate shake upon rising, then eat a smaller breakfast before you leave.. or eat a slightly larger breakfast.

Breakfast = real oatmeal + fruit + milk + egg whites (or egg beaters).

Sausage and beef are fatty. Get yourself bulk packages of chicken and cook 4 or so the night before so you can eat them all day. I make 4 chicken breasts + 5-6 servings of pasta/rice every morning to eat throughout the day.

Substitute olive oil instead of butter.

Geezus I read this and thought I posted it. This is my diet to a T.

Breakfast - 1 Real Egg & 2 Egg Beaters Scrambled, 3 Strips Turkey Bacon, 1 Cup Cooked Oatmeal (NOT Pre-Packaged), 1/4 cup Raisins, 2 tbsp. brown sugar, 1 scoop Whey Protein w/ 8 oz. Organic Non-Fat Milk.

Meal 1 - 1 Can Low Sodium Tuna on 2 Pieces Whole Wheat Bread, Bottled Water

Meal 2 - 6 oz. Boneless Skinless Grilled Chicken Breast, 1 Cup Veggies, 1 Cup Sweet Potatoes, Bottled Water

Pre-Workout - 1 Scoop Whey Protein, 8 oz. Organic Non-Fat Milk, 1 Cup Sweet Potatoes, Bottled Water

Post-Workout - EAS Myoplex Shake (42g Protein, 20g Carbs), 1 Cup Sweet Potatoes, 1 Cup Veggies, 2 Bottled Water

Dinner - 6 oz. Lean Beef, 1 Cup Brown Rice, 1 Cup Veggies, Bottled Water

Bedtime - 1/2 Cup Cottage Cheese, 1 tbsp. Peanut Butter, Bottled Water

It's a ton of food but it's all low-calorie (Save for the peanut butter). On this plan and going to the gym 5 times a week I have lost over 50 lbs and have increased my strength by a ton.

If you can't/won't/don't eat right, drink plenty of water, and get enough rest, buying all of those supplements won't help you. If you can't/don't/won't do the fundamentals all of that fancy stuff is just money down the drain.
Old 01-24-2008, 12:22 PM
On The Tree

Yes, testosterone and decabolen. It is a mass and bulk cycle. Not really a cutter cycle to get ripped but to put on some serious mass. It forces you to eat every three hours and you can pretty much eat as much as you want and anything you want as long as you are loading on protein. Plus if you stack creatine on that, it will help your workout in the gym cause it bonds the third phosphate in your cells to the ADP. And the breaking of the Third phosphate from the ADP is what creates energy. So the more bonding taking place results in the more breaking which equals more energy. Its good for 5-20 seconds of explosive energy per set. So, basically it helps for you to push that weight up longer and with power. Think about it! Its just another route to go. my .02 cents
Old 01-24-2008, 12:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by flemshady
Yes, testosterone and decabolen. It is a mass and bulk cycle. Not really a cutter cycle to get ripped but to put on some serious mass. It forces you to eat every three hours and you can pretty much eat as much as you want and anything you want as long as you are loading on protein. Plus if you stack creatine on that, it will help your workout in the gym cause it bonds the third phosphate in your cells to the ADP. And the breaking of the Third phosphate from the ADP is what creates energy. So the more bonding taking place results in the more breaking which equals more energy. Its good for 5-20 seconds of explosive energy per set. So, basically it helps for you to push that weight up longer and with power. Think about it! Its just another route to go. my .02 cents

you think his joints and tendons are ready for the weight he'll start moving after he's had a history of working out for 3 weeks?
Old 01-24-2008, 12:29 PM
On The Tree

You are correct, yes, u do have to consider his workout history. Usually, I would recommend someone to work out from six months to a year before starting a cycle. But a good thing about Deca is it is good for the joints. So that is always something you would want to stack on your first cycle.

Last edited by flemshady; 01-24-2008 at 12:53 PM.
Old 01-24-2008, 01:13 PM
TECH Resident

Just to clear up some terms getting confused in here;

Decabolen= some cheesy over the counter supplement name.

Deca Durabolin= trade name of injectable steroid by Organon Company. Also made by a **** ton of other companies under different names. Actual active ingredient is Nandrolone Decanoate.
Old 01-24-2008, 01:15 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Dragaholic
Here's a breakdown of my daily schedule to the "T".

4:45 am - Wake up for work
5:25 am - Leave for work
5:55 am - Arrive to work
6:00 am - Start work
8:00 am - 1st meal
12:00 pm - 2nd meal
6:00 pm - End work
6:30 pm - Arrive home
6:30 pm - 7:00 pm - Settle in, eat, etc.
7:00 pm - 7:30 pm - Cook breakfast & lunch for work next day
7:15 pm - Take pre-work out drink
7:45 pm - Start workout
8:30 pm - Take post-work out shake
9:00 pm - Finish workout
9:00 pm - 9:15 pm - Brush teeth, put in bleaching trays
9:15 pm - 9:30 pm - Get things ready for next day
9:30 pm - 9:45 pm - Shower
10:00 pm - Bedtime
10:30 pm - 11:00 pm - Fall asleep

Was the lunch meal I mentioned above nothing something you consider healthy? In the mornings, it's usually breafast tacos, sausage bisquits, etc. that I prepare and make at home. Tacos usually include chorizo, eggs, beans, potatoes, and onions, or manchicado (caldo de res), eggs, tomato sauce, garlic powder, salt, onions, serrano peppers, beans, etc.
Wait till you finish your workout to drink your post-workout shake. You've got about 30 good minutes after you finish your workout to get the Protein/Carb/Nutrients back inside of you to really stop the muscle breakdown and start the repair process. If you drink a shake in the middle of the workout and really get after it you could have a reversal as they call it. Trust me, they're embarassing.
Old 01-24-2008, 01:21 PM
On The Tree

Good clear up! Decabolen is fake junk! Nandrolone Deconate is what I was referring too. Also Testosterone Enanthate! For full clarification.
Old 01-24-2008, 01:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Ben R
Wait till you finish your workout to drink your post-workout shake. You've got about 30 good minutes after you finish your workout to get the Protein/Carb/Nutrients back inside of you to really stop the muscle breakdown and start the repair process. If you drink a shake in the middle of the workout and really get after it you could have a reversal as they call it. Trust me, they're embarassing.

the 30min-hour after thing is sort of a myth, it's the next 24 hours that are crucial
Old 01-24-2008, 02:06 PM
On The Tree

Well the 30 min part is because after intense weight training sessions, the glycogen stores within the muscle are pretty much depleted. So you have around 45 min window to ingest simple carbs and protein to restore the glycogen levels. Plus, first 45 min after a workout your body is in its most anabolic state(meaning it is most receptive to nutrients). So it only makes sense to take advantage of this and ingest simple carbs and proteins immediately after a workout. And if your goal is maximum gains, you should never go more then 3-4 hours without ingesting protein anyway! You are right, the human body only needs .4g per pound of body weight for sedentary adults, for normal functions anyway, .5-.75 for regular exercisers, but "Workout Junkies" are not concerned with minimum intake and are concerned more with maximum possible gains.

Last edited by flemshady; 01-24-2008 at 02:24 PM.
Old 01-24-2008, 04:13 PM
9 Second Club NA

Damn, this diet is just way too serious for me. I would be pretty much giving up my entire diet.

My pre-workout drink is mixed with water (10 oz.) and my post-workout drink is mixed with milk (10 oz.). That's the only milk I have all day. I probably drink about half a gallon of water a day, maybe. I'm just not thirsty. I consume the most water while I'm working out (roughly 1/4 gallon).

How 'bout a PB&J before bed? I'm sure you guys are gonna say no, because of bread and the jelly. What if it's wheat bread?

No flavored oatmeal? (apple cinnamon, maple, etc.)

If I made a sandwich, I know it's not going to be healthy. Mayo, bologna or ham, American cheese, lettuce, and tomato.

Tuna. I make mine with mayo, onions, sweet relish, and a boiled egg. See...none of the stuff I eat is healthy! I have to ruin it with one thing or another.

The NOExplode has no protein in it, but the Syntha-6, which I take after working out, has 22 grams per scoop and I take 2. So that's 44 grams. Is that good? 15 grams of carbs, so 30 with 2 scoops.

Ben, how 'bout I just start coming over for dinner? Then you can prepare my breakfast and lunch. Damn dude, you have that **** down.

Yes, I've only been working out for 3 weeks, but I used to be hardcore. That was 8 years ago, lol.

Those who have replied with/to Testosterone Enanthate and Nandrolone Deconate, can you guys elaborate more on this? Side effects? What exactly does it do? Is it a pill, shake, injection, etc.? How often? When to take? Where to purchase? Short & long term effects?

Ok, hopefully this question gets answered in the next 2 hours. Today I'm going running (cardio?) and doing sit ups. Should I still take my NOExplode and Syntha-6 (protein) even though I'm really not "working out"?

Last edited by Dragaholic; 01-24-2008 at 04:23 PM.
Old 01-24-2008, 04:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Dragaholic
Damn, this diet is just way too serious for me. I would be pretty much giving up my entire diet.

My pre-workout drink is mixed with water (10 oz.) and my post-workout drink is mixed with milk (10 oz.). That's the only milk I have all day. I probably drink about half a gallon of water a day, maybe. I'm just not thirsty. I consume the most water while I'm working out (roughly 1/4 gallon).

How 'bout a PB&J before bed? I'm sure you guys are gonna say no, because of bread and the jelly. What if it's wheat bread?

No flavored oatmeal? (apple cinnamon, maple, etc.)

If I made a sandwich, I know it's not going to be healthy. Mayo, bologna or ham, American cheese, lettuce, and tomato.

Tuna. I make mine with mayo, onions, sweet relish, and a boiled egg. See...none of the stuff I eat is healthy! I have to ruin it with one thing or another.

The NOExplode has no protein in it, but the Syntha-6, which I take after working out, has 22 grams per scoop and I take 2. So that's 44 grams. Is that good? 15 grams of carbs, so 30 with 2 scoops.

Ben, how 'bout I just start coming over for dinner? Then you can prepare my breakfast and lunch. Damn dude, you have that **** down.

Yes, I've only been working out for 3 weeks, but I used to be hardcore. That was 8 years ago, lol.
you have to try

Those who have replied with/to Testosterone Enanthate and Nandrolone Deconate, can you guys elaborate more on this? Side effects? What exactly does it do? Is it a pill, shake, injection, etc.? How often? When to take? Where to purchase? Short & long term effects?
stopping asking about those

Ok, hopefully this question gets answered in the next 2 hours. Today I'm going running (cardio?) and doing sit ups. Should I still take my NOExplode and Syntha-6 (protein) if though I'm really not "working out"?

of course broly
Old 01-24-2008, 04:37 PM
On The Tree

There is nothing wrong with eating a PB&J sandwich before bed. Peanut butter and the Bread(Make sure it is the 100% whole wheat). Yeah, jelly, who gives a crap. If it takes jelly to make you eat the 100% whole wheat and PB then so be it. That bread and the Peanut Butter are slow burning fibers and Protein. Meaning, u eat them before bed, they will be supplying your body with the protein while you are sleeping. The whole night. That is a good thing! As far as taking your Syntha-6, I take that also, and I take the 2 scoops, but I only take it once a day after my workout. It is some very good stuff, not to mention it taste really good. It is ok to take it both days, but dont take it with water, you might as well kill two birds with one stone. Get all the protein from the milk as well. You can drink water throughout the day and inbetween every set in the gym. I hate peanut butter, but my workout buddy puts 2 scoops of Syntha, half a banana, and two spoonfulls of PB in his shakes and blends them up. I just do the syntha and banana. Up to you! But yeah, Important, Shakes with milk, and nothing wrong with the PB&J before bed. And about the 100% wheat. All the other bread, the grains have been polished and the enriched fiber has been taken out of it. Just like white rice. So as you eat it 90 percent of it is turing strait to glucose and stored in your muscles as Glycogen. Is that good, yes, for energy. But remember, you are trying to bulk. So the 100% wheat bread, you will be using it primarly for the protein, and it will burn all night as you sleep, unless of course you go into a coma! LOL!
Old 01-24-2008, 07:33 PM
On The Tree

And another thing for information and for a bump of a good thread. If you can, eat cottage cheese before bed. It is the slowest burning, even more so then peanut butter, and will be a good source of protein while you sleep. It has 28g per cup and you can mix it with peaches or something of that nature, and it will be used and broken down all night while you sleep.
Old 01-25-2008, 07:53 AM
9 Second Club NA

Just curious, what is the benefit from having something slow digesting while you sleep and having protein before bed?
Old 01-25-2008, 11:26 AM
On The Tree

Well unless you want to set your alarm clock every three hours to wake up and put some protein in your body, then so be it. Or, you can put some slow burning Protein that will burn through the night while you sleep. You have to put protein in your body for it to synthesise in your muscles, and for bulk cycles(like what you are trying to do) they recommend protein every three hours, which you already know from reading other posts. So that is the benefit of consuming slow burning and slow synthesising proteins before bed. Did that clarify it, J/W!

Quick Reply: Work out junkies come in. Part II