Work out junkies come in. Part II

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2008, 04:35 PM
9 Second Club NA

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Work out junkies come in. Part II

I'm finishing up on my 2nd week. The Monday coming up will be the start of week 3. I worked the **** out of my upper body on the 1st Monday and Tuesday, got extremely sore. I couldn't work out for the rest of the week. 2nd week, which was this week, I worked out lower body on Monday, biceps, triceps, and forearms on Tuesday, took a break on Wednesday, and did shoulders and chest yesterday. I haven't decided if I'm going to work out tonight. If not, I'll do it Saturday.

I went to the Nutrition Depot off of Nasa, near highway 3 and purchased:

BSN NoExplode
http://www.bsnonline.net/products/pr...d=834266009367
BSN Syntha-6
http://www.bsnonline.net/products/pr...d=834266006205

I told them what I wanted to do, what I was trying to accomplish, etc. and combined it with what you guys told me, and the above is what I decided on. They also recommended:

Nitrix
http://www.bsnonline.net/products/pr...d=834266005048

To stack on these above products. I am taking 2 scoops/10 oz water of the NoExplode prior to working out and 2 scoops/10 oz water of Syntha-6 after working out. I didn't really change my diet, I'm still eating what I want, however, I did give up cokes/sodas. I can't say that I'll never have one again, but I haven't had one in about 3 weeks.

I take the NoExplode at 7:00 pm, work out at 7:30 pm, finish up at 8:30-8:45 pm, take the Syntha-6, shower, and hit the sack.

Here's my schedule:

Monday - Lower body (legs), 4 sets of 10, 5 workouts
Tuesday - Upper body (biceps, triceps, & forearms), 4 sets of 10, 8 workouts
Wednesday - Cardio? Run, crunches, etc.
Thursday - Upper body (chest, shoulders) 4 sets of 10, 7 workouts
Friday-Sunday - Off

Does the above sound decent? Would you change anything?

I also asked them what they offered for a steroid alternative. They had Winadrol, Trenbolen/Trenbolone, Supervol, and Decabolen. They recommended the first 2, but also said that after I came off of it, that they highly recommended Novadex. I don't know what it is, but it was to help protect my liver.

I am going to stick with what I have above until I run out. Should I try something different. Should I take one of the 4 steroid alternatives mentioned above? Should I consider different products than what I'm currently using?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Old 01-18-2008, 04:39 PM
Mustang Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Forget the steroid alternative, if they sell it in stores, chances are its just a marketing gimmick.

Stick with what you've got, a solid workout schedule and lots of protein and healthy meals.
Old 01-18-2008, 04:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

wow.

this should be good. 2 weeks in, eh? BROLY
Old 01-18-2008, 04:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Stang Man
Forget the steroid alternative, if they sell it in stores, chances are its just a marketing gimmick.

Stick with what you've got, a solid workout schedule and lots of protein and healthy meals.
he didn't mention anything about lots of protein, healthy meals or a solid workout schedule though.

I think he wants us to hold his hand through this and tell him what to do
Old 01-18-2008, 04:44 PM
9 Second Club NA

LOL, I know it's only been 2 weeks. The weight I'm working out with is friggin' ridiculous. I remember working out with more back in highschool. I guess as you age, you get weaker.

I measured my bicep prior to my workout the first week, worked out, and remeasured, I **** you not, it was 1/2" bigger. It probably went back down after it settled, but I was still shocked.

I am really serious about getting back into shape and I plan on sticking with it.
Old 01-18-2008, 04:47 PM
9 Second Club NA

Dude, you're hilarious. I see you giving so many people ****, then a lot of people coming raining down on you. I don't care, it doesn't bother me. Say what you want.

The protein is the the Snytha-6. It's like Musclemilk, but better. (at least that's what they say)

Nope, no healthy meals, and I don't know what you mean by solid workouts. You seem to know it all though.

Nah, don't need anyone's hand, just wanted to know if there was anything else I could stack onto what I'm currently taking. Or, if I should switch brands or products.
Old 01-18-2008, 04:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Dragaholic
Nah, don't need anyone's hand, just wanted to know if there was anything else I could stack onto what I'm currently taking. Or, if I should switch brands or products.

Old 01-18-2008, 05:00 PM
9 Second Club NA

If it's buggin' you so much, then why you even viewing/replying to the thread? Makes no sense dude. I am no expert at this, that is why I'm asking. I know there is plenty of guys on here that have been doing it for a long time and/or really educated on this subject.
Old 01-18-2008, 05:07 PM
TECH Junkie

Pre and Post Workout meals/supplements are very important to building muscle and reducing soreness.

Pre Workout (30 minutes before you start) you need 20g of Whey Protein, a slow-digesting Carb (Brown Rice, Whole Grain Bread, Sweet Potatoes), 3-5g Creatine Monohydrate, and 5-10g of Glutamine.

Post Workout (Within 30 minutes of the end of the workout) you need 40g of Whey Protein, a fast-digesting Carb (Keep it healthy as fatty foods will slow the absorbtion of the stuff your body needs to recover and rebuild), 3-5g Creatine Monohydrate, 5-10g of Glutamine. You can get the Protein and Carbs in a post-workout specific shake. The EAS stuff is my favorite.

You need to eat every 3 hours to keep a good energy level and keep your metabolism going strong. Find your bodyweight, find out how much Protein and Carbs you should be eating, find out how many calories that equates to, and divide that up by the number of meals you are eating over the course of a day to make sure you're body active.

In addition to 1g of Protein per lb. of bodyweight, you need between 1 and 2g of Carbs per lb. of bodyweight. Be smart when you eat meals with a lot of carbs. Breakfast and post-workout are the best times. At these times your body isn't worried about converting carbs to fat.

Drink a gallon of water a day.

Be sure to include some fish (Tuna, Salmon) into your diet. They are loaded with Omega-3's. Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables. They have lots of anti-oxidents that will keep you healthy.

When you eat red meat make sure it's lean meat. Look for something thats 90% lean or better.

There is a lot of talk about what to eat before bed. I talked with a nutritionist a few weeks ago and she suggested 1 cup of Low-Fat Cottage Cheese and 2 tablespoons of Peanut Butter. They will help your body slow down your metabolism while you sleep.

Once every 10 days or so increase your normal food intake by 50% or so. This can help stimulate new growth. Make sure to keep the food healthy.

Since you're new to working out you can take it easy the first few weeks. Focus on your form and getting into a good routine. The soreness can really affect people at first and keep them from sticking with it. Once you're in a good routine and are getting used to the soreness then really kick up the intensity.
Old 01-18-2008, 05:18 PM
TECH Junkie

In addition to all that, you need to realize that taking the right supplements and eating well are great, but the fact will always be that if you don't really work hard for it you won't ever see the results you want. Supplements won't make you super human and you're not going to put on 15 lbs of muscle on in the next month, but if you work hard and do everything the right way you'll see the results before you know it.
Old 01-18-2008, 05:25 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Ben R
Pre and Post Workout meals/supplements are very important to building muscle and reducing soreness.

Pre Workout (30 minutes before you start) you need 20g of Whey Protein, a slow-digesting Carb (Brown Rice, Whole Grain Bread, Sweet Potatoes), 3-5g Creatine Monohydrate, and 5-10g of Glutamine.

Post Workout (Within 30 minutes of the end of the workout) you need 40g of Whey Protein, a fast-digesting Carb (Keep it healthy as fatty foods will slow the absorbtion of the stuff your body needs to recover and rebuild), 3-5g Creatine Monohydrate, 5-10g of Glutamine. You can get the Protein and Carbs in a post-workout specific shake. The EAS stuff is my favorite.

You need to eat every 3 hours to keep a good energy level and keep your metabolism going strong. Find your bodyweight, find out how much Protein and Carbs you should be eating, find out how many calories that equates to, and divide that up by the number of meals you are eating over the course of a day to make sure you're body active.

In addition to 1g of Protein per lb. of bodyweight, you need between 1 and 2g of Carbs per lb. of bodyweight. Be smart when you eat meals with a lot of carbs. Breakfast and post-workout are the best times. At these times your body isn't worried about converting carbs to fat.

Drink a gallon of water a day.

Be sure to include some fish (Tuna, Salmon) into your diet. They are loaded with Omega-3's. Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables. They have lots of anti-oxidents that will keep you healthy.

When you eat red meat make sure it's lean meat. Look for something thats 90% lean or better.

There is a lot of talk about what to eat before bed. I talked with a nutritionist a few weeks ago and she suggested 1 cup of Low-Fat Cottage Cheese and 2 tablespoons of Peanut Butter. They will help your body slow down your metabolism while you sleep.

Once every 10 days or so increase your normal food intake by 50% or so. This can help stimulate new growth. Make sure to keep the food healthy.

Since you're new to working out you can take it easy the first few weeks. Focus on your form and getting into a good routine. The soreness can really affect people at first and keep them from sticking with it. Once you're in a good routine and are getting used to the soreness then really kick up the intensity.

Good post. And no, not all that you can buy from nutrition stores is a gimmick. Glutamine, BCAAs, active multi vite, and glucosamine are all things I keep consistant.............when I am consistantly working out. I do like the NOexplode type mixes, they really help with my state of mind and energy level, they also really aid in muscle endurance. Dont really get down on creatine though, its only ever made me bloat with alittle water. If I wanted that **** I would take some d-bol.
Old 01-18-2008, 05:43 PM
11 Second Club

Pretty much everything that has been mentioned above will help you out. If you're going to pig out, do it for breakfast that way your body has the whole day to burn off whatever it was that you ate. If you're hungry in between meals, don't go for the donut or the candy bar...instead grab an apple or a banana to suffice your hunger. It's better to eat about 5-7 small meals throughout the day that way you never have that feeling of hunger, which causes most people to go for vending machine food.

Protein is your best friend when working out. That is what is going to help you with your growth. BSN (maker of the products your taking) is one of the top manufacturers out there so you're on the right track. Try looking into companies like Muscletech, Gaspari, and ON. They offer a wide variety of supplements to help you achieve the goals you want.

I personally didnt like NO-Xplode because after workout it would make me crash and feel burn out. I take SUPERPUMP from Gaspari, and so far it gives me a great pump during and after my workout with no noticeable crash afterwards.

No one here can make your workout plan for you, YOU have to do whats comfortable for you and your schedule. Id suggest stretching it out to 5 days with two days off.

Work muscle groups together:
-Back/biceps
-Chest/Triceps
-Legs
-Deltoids/Traps

And commit one day to pure cardio, to work off the soreness

Hope this helps...
Old 01-18-2008, 05:47 PM
11 Second Club

Good book by the way......

http://www.amazon.com/Eat-Clean-Diet...0699180&sr=8-2
Old 01-18-2008, 06:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Just remember that whatever you do, it has to be sustainable over the long term (for life!). I condensed my workout into three days because I was realistic and knew I couldn't get to the gym more than that. If you don't plan long-term, then WTF is the point? You'll end up flabby or worse yet, with man-***** by the time you're 40.

Get after it!
99 FRC
Old 01-18-2008, 06:34 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by CarrotcarZ
Pretty much everything that has been mentioned above will help you out. If you're going to pig out, do it for breakfast that way your body has the whole day to burn off whatever it was that you ate. If you're hungry in between meals, don't go for the donut or the candy bar...instead grab an apple or a banana to suffice your hunger. It's better to eat about 5-7 small meals throughout the day that way you never have that feeling of hunger, which causes most people to go for vending machine food.

Protein is your best friend when working out. That is what is going to help you with your growth. BSN (maker of the products your taking) is one of the top manufacturers out there so you're on the right track. Try looking into companies like Muscletech, Gaspari, and ON. They offer a wide variety of supplements to help you achieve the goals you want.

I personally didnt like NO-Xplode because after workout it would make me crash and feel burn out. I take SUPERPUMP from Gaspari, and so far it gives me a great pump during and after my workout with no noticeable crash afterwards.

No one here can make your workout plan for you, YOU have to do whats comfortable for you and your schedule. Id suggest stretching it out to 5 days with two days off.

Work muscle groups together:
-Back/biceps
-Chest/Triceps
-Legs
-Deltoids/Traps

And commit one day to pure cardio, to work off the soreness

Hope this helps...
I like some fat burn cardio 2 or so days a week before the workout. 15 minutes of that plus your workout will keep you very near optimum fat burn heart rate. I dont agree with lumping legs into one day. Leave calfs by themselves on another day. Dont EVER forget, your hamstrings and quads together have fair more muscle tissue than the other parts of your body. Your nature test. levels are in large part dictated by your muscular activity.
That is what helps your body naturally grow and repair. Ricky Dale Crane once said, "if you aint squattin', you aint growin'.
Old 01-18-2008, 07:04 PM
Teching In

Default The Lowdown on the CTD

Hey man, I'm always looking for something better to use. I do think it's funny that you bought all this BSN stuff and yet they are in the middle of a nasty lawsuit on all three of those products because of what the bottle says it has and yet the products don't actually have in them.
As for the CTD Labs company, they are a Houston based company that is producing the market's best prohormones.
Winadrol- GREAT cutter. A little weary about it? Check out Orastan-A by Gaspari, and then you'll see why it is bad ***.
Supervol- GREAT strength, moderate size gains for the most part
Decabolen- simply put, it's one bad bastard. Three other companies stopped producing similar products, but they're gone now. Enough said.
Trenbolen- Great Strength, zero aromatization.
One thing I will say, prohormones are not for everybody, and if that is what you might be thinking, then you are in luck as CTD has two new products that are already getting great reviews.

CellMass is being suited because it has claimed to have ethyl ester creatine in it, but supplementpolice.com debunked it as pure monohydrate. In either instance, CTD's Kre-Alkalyn is 90% absorbable, with no bloating. This beats monohydrate's 20% and ethyl ester 50% or even the Gaspari SizeOn and its 60% absorbtion. There are other companies that make a Kre-Alkalyn, but the CTD one has the best price. It's like $35 for a 2 month supply!

Your Nitrix, antiquated. Great product, but the boys at CTD have the next bad *** on the block. In a couple of months, you are going to see about 4 companies coming out with the next generation of N.O. products mixed with beta alanine. CTD beat 'em all to the punch. They combined the same arginine as Nitrix, and mixed it with a full dose of beta alanine, cissus, norvaline, ornathine, and histadine. The stuff makes you tingle like mad on the first dose. That is the beta alanine kicking up your carnosine (a natural fat burn/protein sythesizer). It just came out this week. I got one of the first bottles, and I must say it blows the you know what outta Nitrix, and a lot of the others out there. I've tried the Plasma Jet, but this stuff is way more effective. So even if you don't want to try the prohormone side of things, you should still give these two products a run. Hell, it's less expensive than the BSN that's for sure.
Old 01-18-2008, 09:32 PM
Teching In

Hey try this schedule out that I created because I myself am a Gym rat and ive been doin this past couple years and best schedule ever.

Monday : Chest | Stomach | Cardio
Tuesday : Back | Traps
Wendsday : Legs | Stomach
Thursday : Shoulders | Triceps | Cardio
Friday : Biceps | Forearms | Stomach
Saturday : Rest
Sunday : Rest

This weekly schedule works out your primary muscles and secondary muscles very significantly.

For example : When you do chest, your secondary is triceps, right? So on Monday you do chest which uses triceps as secondary and then on Thursday you work out ur shoulder and triceps which gives a lot of time for your muscle to properly heal.

Also another example is when you do back and traps, your secondary muscles are going to be your biceps and forearms which is what you do on Fridays, and again plent of time to heal.

Supps I take is Whey Protein ON brand, Glutamine, and ZMA (zinc, magnesium, b6), Amino Acids 2222

I eat a **** load of meat too. I dont believe in diets so I eat whatever I see lol

I injured my right tendon inbetween the biceps and forearms so i was out nearly 6 months (tried going back in early and fuked it up some more) but got back into my weekly schedule 6 weeks ago and dam im feeling great lol

I'm 6 foot 210 lbs 19 yrs old, when i started I was like 5'10 150 lbs 17 yrs old.

But give that schedule a try and tell me what you think.

Last edited by aDaM Ws6; 01-18-2008 at 09:43 PM.
Old 01-18-2008, 11:26 PM
Staging Lane

Default Good Job

There are a few key things to keep in mind.

1. Find a good source of protien.
You need this to feed those muscles.

2. Change up your routine. Your muscles will adapt to the exercises and will limit gains.

3. Rest. Muscles need down time, because that is when they repair themselves and grow.

Finding a workout partner makes things alot easier. It makes going to the gym fun.

The increased size in your muscles right after you workout is called "the pump." It is caused by the increased blood filling your muscles.

Be sure to check out the body building forums. Those guys are very knowledgeable and eager to help.

Have Fun
Old 01-19-2008, 12:33 AM
TECH Resident

Well i am not a big fan of products but some people feal the need for them. One outcome of my brother taking products was pre mature hair loss. Hope your already balding or dont care if you start balding. I know this does not happen to everyone but it is somthing a family member has experienced and i dont plan on taking any products after this.
Old 01-19-2008, 12:33 AM
TECH Senior Member

keep it up!! most people that start working out, usually quit after like 3 days..lol..

hey how do u like that no-xplode? i know a couple of guys that has taken it, gave them the ***** big time..lol.. and if u havent tried it already, try the cookies n cream syntha 6. that is some good ****.

Quick Reply: Work out junkies come in. Part II