Work out junkies come in. Part II

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2008, 12:29 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Those diets are pretty strict and really for the most hardcore guys. When I was working out I just "watched" what I ate, meaning no fast food, obvious bad food (burgers, pizza etc), or soda. I ate chicken, fish and lean meat when available and I always tried to eat a couple servings of fruit and veggies per day. My breakfast was a bowl of 1/3 less sugar cinnamon toast crunch and a protein shake....lol. I did cardio about 4 days per week and worked out about 3 days per week. I lost 25-30 pounds in about 4-5 months. (from 225>197), then I found my current wife and promptly put it back on Just ordered some protein and a good multi-vitamin and I'm about to start up again in time for summer.
Old 01-25-2008, 12:50 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Dragaholic
Just curious, what is the benefit from having something slow digesting while you sleep and having protein before bed?
Think about it like this.

When you start working out and eating a lot of food to get bigger, you're putting your body into an anabolic state (Anabolic = growing). You're also speeding up your metabolism (The rate at which your body carries out it's billions of daily processes, including digestion and the absorbtion of minerals).

When you eat every few hours to keep your body in this "growing" state, your body actually gets used to you eating every few hours. It expects you to eat more food. But when you sleep, you sleep for 8 hours. That's way longer than your body is used to waiting to get food. Usually you're eating every 3 hours, and now you wait 8! So how does your body respond? It goes and gets the nutrients that are feeding, building, and repairing your muscles, and draws them away to other parts of your body that are necessary for you to stay alive while you sleep.

So if before bed time you eat foods that are slow-digesting foods (Such as peanut butter and cottage cheese) your body AND your muscles will have some nutrients to fuel itself while you're asleep, instead of robbing your muscles of the proteins it needs to repair and grow bigger while you sleep. Sleep is essentially your body's repair and recovery time.

Cottage Cheese in particular is a good source of Protein for overnight because it's not the traditional form of Protein. It's Casein Protein, not Whey Protein. Whey is quickly absorbed into your blood and used by your muscles. That's why you should take some of it before your workout. It will help give you some extra energy and strength while you're lifting. Casein Protein, on the other hand, needs a few hours to digest before it begins releasing the protein into your blood. That's why you eat it before you go to bed.

I type too much.
Old 01-25-2008, 12:55 PM
On The Tree

Yes you are right, that is diets and workouts for the guys that are hardcore. It is hard to stick to a diet, that is one of the most important things about getting cut. This guy is on a bulk cycle so sticking to a specific diet is not so important. Him not wanting to get ripped and perfect six pack and stuff, should say that it isnt. I mean dont get me wrong, he needs to not go crazy and eat out all the time, but if the man wants cake, eat cake. If he want the occasional Burger King, knock yourself out. I recommend the Triple Cheese burger from wendys, $3.49, 72g of protein, and 960 calories. Yes there is fat in there, but the protein is what you are really trying to focus on.

Calorie intake > than calorie expenditure= Bulk Cycle

Calorie expenditure > than calorie intake= Cutter Cycle
Old 01-25-2008, 09:56 PM
On The Tree

bump!
Old 01-25-2008, 11:59 PM
TECH Pimp

Now if I could just gain some weight.. Clean weight...
Old 01-26-2008, 12:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by _Zac
Now if I could just gain some weight.. Clean weight...
eat more
Old 01-26-2008, 12:22 AM
On The Tree

I just gave you the formula for putting on weight. 2 posts up. but if you are one of those skinny people, your metabolism is very fast and you arent gonna put on weight no matter how much you eat! Sorry!
Old 01-26-2008, 12:37 AM
Teching In

This is some good stuff, how often do yall workout each muscle group. I workout each group every 4 days, i see most of you just do it once a week is that better.
Thank Rick.
Old 01-26-2008, 09:17 AM
On The Tree

I work each muscle group once a week because thats the way i schedule it. Muscles take between 4-7 days to fully recover from a workout and another 2-3 days for over-compensation to take place. It can also take up to 7-14 days for the neuromuscular system to fully recover from a high intensity strength training session. So the answer is just depending on you. I like to take a full 7 days because 7 falls in all 3 of these groups, but I think if you work each muscle group every 4 you will be good, 5 will be better and 6-7 would be best.
Old 01-26-2008, 10:44 AM
TECH Pimp

Originally Posted by flemshady
I just gave you the formula for putting on weight. 2 posts up. but if you are one of those skinny people, your metabolism is very fast and you arent gonna put on weight no matter how much you eat! Sorry!
If I eat healthy I lose weight pretty quick, and I have been in the gym for over a year now non stop. I think the only way I'm going to gain anything noticeable weight wise is to dirty bulk, but sadly that doesn't help much either. Oh well at least I never have to worry about having a beer belly.
Old 01-26-2008, 10:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by _Zac
If I eat healthy I lose weight pretty quick, and I have been in the gym for over a year now non stop. I think the only way I'm going to gain anything noticeable weight wise is to dirty bulk, but sadly that doesn't help much either. Oh well at least I never have to worry about having a beer belly.
you're just not eating enough, I'm sure you think you eat a lot but.....you don't. Especially if you say you lose weight
Old 01-26-2008, 11:15 AM
TECH Pimp

Originally Posted by 2 SLOW
you're just not eating enough, I'm sure you think you eat a lot but.....you don't. Especially if you say you lose weight
I had four full meals last night alone dawg. I eat like a fat kid.

Seriously though, I get a lot of exercise at both work and the gym. Work being 8 hours a day lifting beer like a mad man. When I started there I lost 10 pounds within the first week. Had to start forcing myself to eat in the mornings which I hadn't done for years.
Old 01-26-2008, 12:17 PM
TECH Junkie

<TommyBoy>He just a little guy...</TommyBoy>
Old 01-26-2008, 12:51 PM
On The Tree

Some people just dont gain, no matter how dirty. I had a buddy on Juice. He was put on a bulk cycle, started at 150, ended at 160 14 weeks later.. Didnt look any different other then his biceps were a lil bigger.
Old 01-26-2008, 01:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Some people just dont gain, no matter how dirty. I had a buddy on Juice. He was put on a bulk cycle, started at 150, ended at 160 14 weeks later.. Didnt look any different other then his biceps were a lil bigger.
He didn't eat enough....I don't care what you say, that is the answer, cause it's the truth!
Old 01-26-2008, 04:22 PM
On The Tree

He ate the exact same diet as my other buddy that worked out with him. They were on the same program, and one put on 10 pounds and the other put on 35 pounds. So you tell me who didnt eat enough.
Old 01-26-2008, 04:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

He ate the exact same diet as my other buddy that worked out with him. They were on the same program, and one put on 10 pounds and the other put on 35 pounds. So you tell me who didnt eat enough.
the guy who only put on 10 pounds
Old 01-26-2008, 05:37 PM
On The Tree

Too Slow, you werent there, so you dont really know what you are talkin about. And with a comment like that, your information is starting to be unreputable.
Old 01-26-2008, 06:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Too Slow, you werent there, so you dont really know what you are talkin about. And with a comment like that, your information is starting to be unreputable.

if the guy didn't put on enough weight he should of ate more. there is nothing more to it.
Old 01-28-2008, 08:03 AM
9 Second Club NA

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Starting week 4 this evening! I'm surprised I've lasted this long. I'm determined and plan to stick with it.

One thing I'm doing as each week goes by is push myself harder and go up on the weight. I'm only taking 5-10 lbs. more on each workout. Is this good? I mean...if I'm working out with the same weight week after week, how am I going to improve/get stronger?

Quick Reply: Work out junkies come in. Part II