I really hope my WS6 is totalled.

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 05:59 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I really hope my WS6 is totalled.

I'm so upside down in this loan its not even funny.

In the mean time I'm getting the good ol' run around from Geico. Their policy holder gave her statement and said her light wasn't red that she ran. I had to run up to Frisco and get the report stating it was just to shove it in their faces a little sooner.

Just a FYI for anyone, before you let the paramedics check you out at an accident get all the whitnesses info. Cops let them go by the time I got out of the ambulance. And for some reason they aren't listed in the report. Also the lady wasn't cited for running the red light, so I hope that isn't something that Geico tries to use to their advantage.
Old 01-23-2008, 06:10 PM
Launching!

You the one with Geico, or the lady who ran into you? My Dad has my Firehawk and his trucks insured with them and they never gave us any problems.. Good luck with everything man. I also got T/A damaged on the 1st of this month. My friend's ex-g/f backed into me and they were giving me the good 'ol runaround for a good two weeks. Finally got **** straight and my check to fix the car should be coming in by Friday.. Hopefully.
Old 01-23-2008, 06:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Just heard from the shop today and they are up to $5400 in damages to my car. Sorry to hear that they are giving you a shitty time about the whole thing.
Old 01-23-2008, 06:16 PM
Teching In

Lady that hit me has Geico.
Old 01-23-2008, 06:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry to hear that. I was lucky enough in '06 when the drunk titty dancer hit that when all of her co-workers left Lipstick's they saw who it was and stayed to talk to the police well after the stupid bitch got in a car with another guy and split. It was awesome. Standing there bleeding out of my nose and a cut in my head and all of these hot dancers standing there waiting for the police to show up. Man, they all hated that bitch who hit me and couldn't wait to bust. If I ever see and accident I will stay until the cops show up to bust the idiot that caused the wreck.
Old 01-23-2008, 06:20 PM
12 Second Club

alot of these companies will fix it.. They will be out too much money to consider it a loss.
I had my 03 GT slammed by a red light runner.. bitch told the insurance company that I lost control of my car racing around her... LOL
I had 3 witnesses and their phone numbers..
so the ladies insurance agent calls me and says, they are not covering anything since I lost control of my car racing around the woman...

I told the lady on the phone.... My exact words were.
BITCH are you ******* joking me... Your insured ran a red light and hit me.. actually t-boned me.... and the agent was like, that is not what she said..

So I provided 3 numbers in which she called verified, called me back and said, wow ira you are right.. these witnesses said they were sitting next to the woman at the red light.

so they freakin paid... to fix the t-bone.. LOL *******..
traded the car...
Old 01-23-2008, 06:22 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by WS 666
Lady that hit me has Geico.
My Uncle has been in like 2 or 3 wrecks, He's insured with Geico. Anyways, They usually gave him the money pretty quickly.. His fault or not. I work at a body shop and Geico Insurance is kinda hard to get money out of, Depending on the situation. .
Old 01-23-2008, 06:46 PM
8 Second Club

Received 94 Likes on 75 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Well, careful what you ask for unless you have GAP insurance. Otherwise, if they total it, you will get stuck with the difference between the market value of the car and the loan balance.
Old 01-23-2008, 06:48 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by AgFormula02
Well, careful what you ask for unless you have GAP insurance. Otherwise, if they total it, you will get stuck with the difference between the market value of the car and the loan balance.
yes this is very true.. and with your upside down you are talking about..
that will bite you hard in the ***...
Old 01-23-2008, 07:02 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by AgFormula02

I do not have GAP insurance. I'm hoping it is totalled cause I know the difference I can probably make up in parting it out. Still need to go through a few more numbers but so far it looks promising to part out. Even after they take out salvage value. The reason why I'm so upside down isn't the fact I have a horrible interest rate, but because I've only had the car 4 months.

Mainly I just don't want to get stuck driving a half assed put back together car. Unless someone here knows of some damn good shops to do the repairs.
Old 01-23-2008, 07:13 PM
12 Second Club

I saved 61% by switching to Geico, and thats no bs.

That sucks man, hope the cover you.
Old 01-23-2008, 07:25 PM
On The Tree

gl i totaled my camaro monday b/c of a kid on a crotch rocket switching on top of me locked up the breaks and hit the curb and met / de rooted 3 medium size trees, frame and suspension is completely shot and dont have full coverage so im messed

Last edited by stefan256; 01-23-2008 at 07:35 PM.
Old 01-23-2008, 07:27 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by craz1469
I saved 61% by switching to Geico, and thats no bs.
I only pay like less then $30 a month for liability from Gieco.. Under my Dad's name of course.
Old 01-23-2008, 07:59 PM
Teching In

are you gonna sell any of the parts that were not damaged?
Old 01-23-2008, 08:15 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

If they total it you do not get to keep the car. You can buy it back from the insurance company for a price though. Lets say they give you $10,000 for the car. Then you can buy the salvage for lets say $2,500 leaving you with $7,500 and the car. Some times they will give a set amount and you keep the car and the title never gets branded as salvage.
Old 01-23-2008, 08:24 PM
Staging Lane

well this might help you it came out totaled just wrecked it 3 weeks ago

Old 01-23-2008, 08:25 PM
Staging Lane

and yours looks worse
Old 01-23-2008, 09:05 PM
TECH Resident

i get first dibs..

hopefully they part it out justin, but im pretty sure they will. that looks like there is a good amount of frame damage.
Old 01-23-2008, 09:09 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by SLV_WS6
If they total it you do not get to keep the car. You can buy it back from the insurance company for a price though. Lets say they give you $10,000 for the car. Then you can buy the salvage for lets say $2,500 leaving you with $7,500 and the car. Some times they will give a set amount and you keep the car and the title never gets branded as salvage.
Ive been through this before. I don't buy it back, I keep it. In order to buy it back from someone I have to sell it to someone. They usually take the private party value, subtract salvage value, then give me that dollar amount and I keep the car. Of course their private party value is never fair, but judging from the lowest values I saw, I really dont care. If it is totalled, my parting it out instead of taking their value of totalled vehicle will be a huge difference. Its either 5500K in the hole or pray I can get about 5500 in parts out of it. Which I'm pretty sure I can come somewhat close to that amount.
Old 01-23-2008, 09:43 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 29 Likes on 21 Posts

If you are that upside down on it. I'd take the money suck it up and fix it. The picture does not look all that bad unless it wiped out the core support. Even they can be replaced easily. Where you get into trouble is when the unibody is tweaked. I've put a couple of those cars back together that actually looked and were worse. I got them at salvage auction though. By and large of the insurance companies we have dealt with through our shop farm bureau and all state followed by USAA are the best at fixing stuff right wo run around.