Passing Inspection??

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 01:16 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Passing Inspection??

I live in Austin so we have emissions testing, and my car has duals, no cats and, a cam. There is no way my car will pass here. My question is, can I go to Bastrop county (county nearby) and have my car inspected there? I'm pretty sure they don't have emissions testing.

Thanks
Old 01-28-2008, 01:19 AM
TECH Senior Member

It all depends on where the car is registered. If its registered in a emissions county then you cannot go to another county that doesnt require emissions because their computer will ask for emissions testing (its sent off to the g ov). If its registered in a non emissions county then you can take it to any county that does not test emissions.
Old 01-28-2008, 01:21 AM
On The Tree

My registration is due, so could I just go get it registered in a non emissions county?
Old 01-28-2008, 01:30 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by 2MuchRiceMakesMeSick
It all depends on where the car is registered. If its registered in a emissions county then you cannot go to another county that doesnt require emissions because their computer will ask for emissions testing (its sent off to the g ov). If its registered in a non emissions county then you can take it to any county that does not test emissions.
Read this again.
Old 01-28-2008, 01:36 AM
On The Tree

Ok..what are you supposed to do if you move to another county without emissions testing? would you still have to drive to an emissions testing county just for inspection? I know it's kept on record but I'm moving outta this county soon and wondered what my options were. Will i have to show proof at time of registration that my vehicle was tested in an emissions county?
Old 01-28-2008, 01:39 AM
On The Tree

just to make my problem clear. my car needs to be registered but I will reside in a non emissions county soon. My car is inspected but up for renewal soon as well. I was just wondering if I should wait and what would i have to show for registering in a new county.
Old 01-28-2008, 07:43 AM
On The Tree

if you move from a non emmisions county to an emmisions county then when it is time to register your car you will have too show proof that your car passed an emmisions test [VIR report the inspecter gives you when you pass or fail the test]if it didnt they can refuse to register your car until it passes!!

Originally Posted by Vesper TA
Ok..what are you supposed to do if you move to another county without emissions testing? would you still have to drive to an emissions testing county just for inspection? I know it's kept on record but I'm moving outta this county soon and wondered what my options were. Will i have to show proof at time of registration that my vehicle was tested in an emissions county?
Old 01-28-2008, 07:51 PM
On The Tree

Ah..thanks. That is what I needed to know.
Old 01-28-2008, 08:17 PM
On The Tree

I just registered my car that was out more than a year ago, and I have the exact set up with a cam, no cats and true duals, and just had to drive around looking for a shop that didn't look under my car. It took me seven different tries, but I found one. I live in Fort Worth, and I know this isn't really helping you, but it worked for me.
Old 01-28-2008, 08:25 PM
TECH Regular

I just moved from Houston to Austin. Both cities test for emmisions. Would I have issues getting my car inspected in Houston if my car is registered in Austin. I have my hook up in Houston, so I don't wanna do anything to mess that up.
Old 01-28-2008, 09:33 PM
On The Tree

I used to have a hookup here in Austin to get inspected. I have to find another soon, but I still don't know how to get my car inspected which isn't legal and show proof that I passed so I can register in another county. My last inspection was a hookup so I have no paper work.
Old 01-28-2008, 09:41 PM
TECH Regular

I am in the same boat as you. I went ahead and ordered some high flow cats... and some heads, a cam, and tsp duals for good measure. :-)
Old 01-28-2008, 10:52 PM

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/vi/index.htm

There you go any and all info on how you get taken by the State of Texas.

Hope that helps you out.

Quick Reply: Passing Inspection??