RPM OR TRT turbo looking for a shop help me out

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 11:02 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by trtturbo
So even though I sold you an HKE short block cheaper than ANYONE else and took your box of parts to Houston for free with no extra charge at all. Then when its done, you knew I would get it when I went, but if you want me to go just for yours you have to pay my gas to go get it. Oh and you come by and borrow parts for free. Sorry if I'm not bent out of shape. Ask Daniel if he would do it for free.

Owned!

he was selling those blocks for a great price! And I think he (Billy) will still order one for you. Do you actually know how much it costs to ship a shortblock? Billy was driving down to Houston with his OWN gas money.... heck, he went down to pick up my motor and since he did the labor he didnt charge for picking up the shortblock. That is good customer service right there!
Old 01-29-2008, 01:11 PM
12 Second Club

i said it before and i will say it again trt is a good shop, they have always helped people the best way they can.... i know they have helped me a lot and they do real good work! i dont know why people talk them down so much. well i guess you are always going to have haters! lol but i will take my car and tell anyone else i know to take there car there any day billy has help me a lot and so has dustin !
Old 01-29-2008, 01:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Ib4tl
Old 01-29-2008, 02:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you sell something, you need to deliver the product to the customer, if you need to charge for shipping, then let it be known, otherwise its like buying something from person A and having to go pick it up from person Z.
I did borrow a part.....an old as rocker...I did thank you for it and asked you how much I owe you, I do not expect anything for free.
Also the short blok I got from you built by HKE came out to be just as much as If I would have bought it from HKE. you did not returned my phone call when I asked you when and IF you were going to go pick it up.
Probably next time be more clear on what are the stipulations of the sale i.e (shipping, etc)
I would have paid extra for shiping if that was the case...
and Mike...clean your nose man...
enough said.
Old 01-29-2008, 03:19 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by volcanic2345
i said it before and i will say it again trt is a good shop, they have always helped people the best way they can.... i know they have helped me a lot and they do real good work! i dont know why people talk them down so much. well i guess you are always going to have haters! lol but i will take my car and tell anyone else i know to take there car there any day billy has help me a lot and so has dustin !
They talk down on them for 2 reasons. 1 major one, 1 well it's still major.

Reason #1 is MIKEY. He can't keep his **** holster shut and then didn't even come CLOSE to living up to the hype. It's not TRT's fault the customer is a know it all parrot (reads something, asks a question then when people give him advice he regurgitates something he read but doesn't quite grasp that may or may not apply to the current situtaion) and doesn't have the funds to build the car right the first time without cutting corners.

Reason #2 was they didn't have a competent tuner. Dustin is not a good tuner, never will be.

All that being said I like Billy and Robert Long as well (yes I know Robert doesn't work there anymore)
Old 01-29-2008, 03:21 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 98hc4mula
and Mike...clean your nose man...
enough said.
hey..... I am very objective. I will be the first to say what Issues I have with someone, and the first to thank them. I was just stating my opinion of things. Billy (the former owner of the shop) has always been one of the most honest men I know (they know), and anyone that knows him will verify this. Just stating facts.
Old 01-29-2008, 03:26 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by NaSSty Nate
They talk down on them for 2 reasons. 1 major one, 1 well it's still major.

Reason #1 is MIKEY. He can't keep his **** holster shut and then didn't even come CLOSE to living up to the hype. It's not TRT's fault the customer is a know it all parrot (reads something, asks a question then when people give him advice he regurgitates something he read but doesn't quite grasp that may or may not apply to the current situtaion) and doesn't have the funds to build the car right the first time without cutting corners.

Reason #2 was they didn't have a competent tuner. Dustin is not a good tuner, never will be.

All that being said I like Billy and Robert Long as well (yes I know Robert doesn't work there anymore)
Issues with my car where known.... much of it was hindsight.

-Converter (bad choice and doesnt deliver as expected)
-Cam (wrong valve events for a big port head)
-Tuning (both time and skill..... it needed much much more tuning than what it was given, this has many to blame including myself)

As far as customers.... I was not his only customer. I am one of the few that frequents the boards. Most where older guys with trucks and folks with stock f-bodies and STS kits.

BTW, what crawled up your shorts? You redicule someone for making bad choices, and then redicule them for having the insight to learn about Gen3 V8's........ lawls.
Old 01-29-2008, 03:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I would talk good about TRT but Dustin over there cant keep his ****ing mouth shut.If you tell him you are stuck between him and another tuner(me) he will run your name into the ground to make $100.

TRT since Billy "left",will not last long with Dustin bashing everyone that is competition.Not to mention he trys to tune cars WITHOUT a wideband and use ONLY the stock 02's.

SQR has always treated me awesome.
Old 01-29-2008, 03:31 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by WizeAss
Issues with my car where known.... much of it was hindsight.

-Converter (bad choice and doesnt deliver as expected)
-Cam (wrong valve events for a big port head)
-Tuning (both time and skill..... it needed much much more tuning than what it was given, this has many to blame including myself)

As far as customers.... I was not his only customer. I am one of the few that frequents the boards. Most where older guys with trucks and folks with stock f-bodies and STS kits.

BTW, what crawled up your shorts? You redicule someone for making bad choices, and then redicule them for having the insight to learn about Gen3 V8's........ lawls.
How many people told you not to run that stall? Not to run that cam? Not to have the car tuned there...

You came back with blah blah blah and DIDN'T listen much like you still don't. Stop posting and lay low would be your best bet, but you are just like Jared, a glutton for punishment.

How many good souls have tried to help you, but you wouldn't keep your mouth shut and they got fed up with you and you run them off?

I can count 8 off the top of my head that are not involved with TRT.
Old 01-29-2008, 03:31 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Sam88Gta1
I would talk good about TRT but Dustin over there cant keep his ****ing mouth shut.If you tell him you are stuck between him and another tuner(me) he will run your name into the ground to make $100.

TRT since Billy "left",will not last long with Dustin bashing everyone that is competition.Not to mention he trys to tune cars WITHOUT a wideband and use ONLY the stock 02's.

Cant argue........
Old 01-29-2008, 03:32 PM
TECH Regular

You don't know **** about tuning either. jk man.
Old 01-29-2008, 03:36 PM
10 Second Club

How many people told you not to run that stall? Not to run that cam? Not to have the car tuned there...

You came back with blah blah blah and DIDN'T listen much like you still don't. Stop posting and lay low would be your best bet, but you are just like Jared, a glutton for punishment.

How many good souls have tried to help you, but you wouldn't keep your mouth shut and they got fed up with you and you run them off?

I can count 8 off the top of my head that are not involved with TRT.
Josh said not to run that stall..... AFTER I had already purchased it and couldnt send it back. That is a fact. AFTER speaking with Josh at the meet I spoke to Billy and since he already paid for it and it was a special order from Art Carr I had no choice but to use it. I knew what my chances where.... didnt have the funds to get a second one. And the worst happened... the stall sucks and doesnt do what it is supposed to. This so called advice is seldom before i take my steps.... I appreciate all advice..... but what I mostly hear is critism.

ad·vice /ædˈvaɪs/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[ad-vahys] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun 1. an opinion or recommendation offered as a guide to action, conduct, etc.: I shall act on your advice.
2. a communication, esp. from a distance, containing information: Advice from abroad informs us that the government has fallen. Recent diplomatic advices have been ominous.
3. an official notification, esp. one pertaining to a business agreement: an overdue advice.

crit·i·cism /ˈkrɪtəˌsɪzəm/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[krit-uh-siz-uhm] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun 1. the act of passing judgment as to the merits of anything.
2. the act of passing severe judgment; censure; faultfinding.
3. the act or art of analyzing and evaluating or judging the quality of a literary or artistic work, musical performance, art exhibit, dramatic production, etc.
4. a critical comment, article, or essay; critique.
5. any of various methods of studying texts or documents for the purpose of dating or reconstructing them, evaluating their authenticity, analyzing their content or style, etc.: historical criticism; literary criticism.
6. investigation of the text, origin, etc., of literary documents, esp. Biblical ones: textual criticism.
Old 01-29-2008, 03:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You don't know **** about tuning either. jk man.
The less people think I know the fewer dumb phone calls and emails I get.

Oh...did you guys ever get your car retuned?
Old 01-29-2008, 03:39 PM
10 Second Club

Sam... where all have you tuned? for any shops??
Old 01-29-2008, 03:45 PM
TECH Regular

That car has moved about 3 times in the last 4 months...if that answers your question lmao.

I need to go get off my lazy *** and turn a code off so I can get it inspected then drive it out to put a 12 bolt in it. Will drop it off to Andrew (or maybe have you toy with it if you want) when the cage/fuel system gets here as well.
Old 01-29-2008, 04:00 PM
10 Second Club

That car has moved about 3 times in the last 4 months...if that answers your question lmao.

I need to go get off my lazy *** and turn a code off so I can get it inspected then drive it out to put a 12 bolt in it. Will drop it off to Andrew (or maybe have you toy with it if you want) when the cage/fuel system gets here as well.
Streetcar...... turned RACECAR!

always said it was one of the best looking and sounding SS's in town
Old 01-29-2008, 04:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

it'll be interesting to see how long your street car will take to get from Irving to my house. :lmao:
Old 01-29-2008, 04:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

ive only been to rpm, they've never done me wrong
Old 01-29-2008, 04:33 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by TINKRD
it'll be interesting to see how long your street car will take to get from Irving to my house. :lmao:
It'll do 60 not a problem...I bet 1 hour 15 mins lol.
Old 01-29-2008, 05:40 PM
TECH Resident

ibtl lol

Quick Reply: RPM OR TRT turbo looking for a shop help me out