Workout Junkies: Part III (Final Chapter)

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 12:19 PM
10-Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man, you are stressing out too much on sups. Your diet is WAY more important, I think I recall you saying you had a shitty diet in a previous post, stating you ate fast food....don't try to compensate by taking a **** ton of chemicals that could turn out to be the next Fen Fen or something.

As for variations in your workout, if you can not figure out ways to vary your work outs, get a membership, go to the gym, meet some people & talk to them about what they are doing, better yet, hire a personal trainer for a session or two & have them offer up some other routines. Some trainers aren't that great, but I have a personal friend that firstly is in great shape (I've seen some fat *** trainers, lol) and secondly was a great help back when my lazy fat *** actually went to the gym. I saw much better results once he started working out with me every now & then & giving me pointers & new ways to work muscle groups.

Lastly, having nice mass & build won't mean **** if you don't have some good cardio bro. My buddy used to think he was all in shape because he could lift more weight than I could when I got out of the Army....I said "bitch, I bet you can't even run my circuit faster than me, much less make it 2 laps" so he bet a case of beer he could, well my path I ran back then was about 1 mile. So, we stretch, get ready & take off, well he takes off like a bat out of hell & I'm already laughing & yelling that he's already lost, lol. So, I just settle into my normal pace that I ran at & sure enough, about 1/2 around I pass him up as he slows into a slow pace. I didn't really look back much but I didn't think much of it, I just kept running, I had planned on going for a run that day anyhow.....well, as I'm about 1/2 way thru my 2nd lap I can't see him at all....so I finish up, head to the house & he's all laid up on the couch looking whipped.....long story short, after I passed him, he never finished the 1st mile, he walked back home....

Anyhow, if you want, I can get put you in touch with my friend, he's been a Fitness manager/trainer for quite a while & I'm sure he could help you with your goals if you are really serious. He trains over in Clear Lake if you are interested.
Old 02-20-2008, 05:00 PM
9 Second Club NA

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, I probably am, plus I'm just an indecisive person. I made a decision on the last of my supplements and I'm sticking with it. If it works, great, if not, well it was only $35.

I know diet is important, but no, it's no shitty. I don't eat fast food all the time. As a matter of fact, I can't remember the last time I had fast food.

As far as going to the gym, I MAY consider, but I doubt it. I have a lot of weights at my house to do what I need. Of course, I could never have enough and I'm sure there's more to do at the gym. I plan on buying more equipment as time goes on.

I don't have much time for a personal trainer. My schedule is so tight as it is. I'm sure you're thinking, make time, but there really isn't.

4:45 am wake up for work
5:25 am leave for work
5:50 am arrive to work
6:00 am - 6:00 pm work
(7:00 am - snack/multi-vitamin, 9:00 am snack, 12:00 pm lunch/protein drink, 2:30 pm snack)
6:30 pm arrive home
Between 6:45 - 7:00 pm eat
Cook after I finish eating (varies on how long it takes me)
Between 7:30 - 7:45 start workout
Between 8:45 - 9:00 pm finish workout (protein drink)
9:00 to 9:30 pm get things ready for bed & the next day
Between 10:00 - 10:30 in bed

My job would never require running. Sure, cardio is good for the heart and I'm sure I could use some every so often, but by no means do I need to shed any weight. I'm actually trying to put on weight/mass. I have gained 5 lbs. since I started working out. I can't say it's muscle or fat, maybe both.
Old 02-20-2008, 05:26 PM
10-Second Club

You got weekends, yeah, I know you don't want to tie them up working out, but if you need to go get a session or two with a trainer to learn some new stuff, you can alternate it with one of your week nights & take a weeknight off for a change. As for having lots of weights at home, more than likely, you don't have a faction of what a 24 hour fitness can offer you as far as varieties of ways to work out. You need to think long term if you really want results. Also working out solo, you aren't going to be working out near as well as you could with a partner to spot & push you.
Old 02-20-2008, 05:52 PM
9 Second Club NA

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, Saturday and Sunday are my old days to rest. I don't want to burn myself out on working out. I work every other Saturday, so that's a lot of time at work. 68 hours one week and 60 the next to be exact. Saturdays I usually go out and have a life, lol. Sunday is my relax day, but usually ends up being my chore day (cleaning, laundry, wash truck, yard work, etc.).

I agree, I probably don't have a fraction of what 24 has and I'm sure I would push harder with a partner. I need to find someone who is dedicated and is not going to give up after a few weeks.
Old 02-22-2008, 12:17 PM
Teching In

Default ....

Originally Posted by Charlie Hustle
The best advice I can give you is to stop worrying so much about all the supplements, and stick with working out hard. As long as your working out hard 3-4 times a week, eating clean (no fast food, sodas, or a bunch of alcohol) and taking a decent whey and multi daily you will see great results. IMHO, your putting way too much thought into supplements. Have you seen those guys that get really ripped and huge in prison, do you think they have access to a GNC? Do you think they are debating creatines with their cell mates? The 3 most important things are the workout, diet (non supplements), and rest.

Any questions?
You Sir are the man. I really dont buy into the whole supplement war. I take l-glutamine, fish oil, a generic multi-vitamin, Optimum protein during the day and occasionally take Muscle milk when I sleep. Im 6'2" 231lbs and waist is around 35, and I eat around 6 or 7 times a day of mainly oatmeal, vegges, proteins and protein bars. My goal is to be 6'2" 215lbs 6-10% body fat, and a 33 or 34" waist. My goal now is to put on as much muscle as I can. It doesnt come from all of the supplements...IMO. If you want to get bigger ( I didnt get chance to re-read what your goals were) then you have to eat "big" and workout "big". I only stick to certain things like diet (I dont always eat right...lol), sleep (I dont always get enough..lol), staying hydrated, and focusing on my workouts week by week, not the overall goal. This is a life commitment for me, not a temporary thing.

I also agree with monkey97z28's protein views.

Later guys

Reg

Quick Reply: Workout Junkies: Part III (Final Chapter)