Workout Junkies: Part III (Final Chapter)

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 02:47 PM
9 Second Club NA

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Workout Junkies: Part III (Final Chapter)

Ok, so I have a few last questions along with some personal experience and results. I’ll start off with experience and results.

January 7th – Started workout

1 to 1 ¼ hours per day

M – Biceps, triceps, & forearms (9 workouts, 4 sets of 10)
T – Legs & crunches (5 workouts, 4 sets of 10, 25 crunches between each set = 500 crunches)
W – Chest & shoulders (8 workouts, 4 sets of 10)
TH – Legs & crunches (same as Tuesday)
F – Biceps, triceps, & forearms (same as Monday)
Sat & Sun – Rest

Pre-workout – 2 scoops of NoExplode mixed w/10 oz. of water
Post-workout – 2 scoops of Syntha-6 mixed w/10 oz. of 2% milk

5 ½ to 6 ½ hours of sleep (can’t help it w/a 6 am to 6 pm job)

Eat, take pre and post workout drink/shake, and workout at the same time every day, etc.

I don’t have the best scale, but it looks like I’ve gained about 5 lbs. It may be fat, it may be muscle, maybe a little of both. I have definitely gotten stronger as I’m working out with more weight, doing the same reps and sets. I also noticed that my appetite has grown as I’m eating more and more often. With more consumption of food equals more…never mind.

NoExplode – It worked out great for me in the 1st week, maybe 2. But as time went on, it seemed like it wasn’t doing much for me. Maybe by the first week it was all in my head. So, this past Monday I added another scoop and wow. I was so hyper, energetic, pumped, etc. I was throwing the weights around like it was nothing. I took the last of it last night. I probably won’t use it anymore.

Now that I’m out of the NoExplode, I’m going to start on the CE2 (creatine etheylester). Now that I think of it, I’m out of the Syntha-6 too, so I’ll be starting my whey protein. According to the CE2’s directions, it says to take 2 in the morning and (2) 30 minutes prior to working out. Why would the CE2 be needed in the morning?

I’ve also started Animal Pak. The directions say to take it 30 minutes after the meal prior to your workout, but for intense training, take 2 packs a day. That’s pretty general. I just take 1 pack a day and that’s in the morning. Is that ok? I thought it was a multi-vitamin. Those who use this product, how often do you take it and when?

In conclusion, I want to say thanks for all the help, especially to those who kept up with the 2 threads and really put in their 2 cents. I have learned quite a bit and have taken all the advice. I hope to get where I want in the next couple of months. I have noticed a difference in my physique, but I’m not there yet. Again, all your help is much appreciated.
Old 02-07-2008, 02:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

why are you working out so much?? is someone giving you problems and you want to kick their ***??
Old 02-07-2008, 02:53 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Taking one pack of the Animal Pak should be enough, if you're getting serious into it...like competition-wise, then take the 2nd pack. Have you ever considered trying Nitrix by BSN? It improves vascularity and helps to decrease fatigue.....but you take 3 pills/3x a day, so it might get a little expensive. Good luck anyways, seems like you've already got a good routine.
Old 02-07-2008, 03:51 PM
Teching In

Default Nutrition Depot Is Way Cheaper

dragaholic, i was a gnc manager for years, and now i'm on the other side of the fence. gnc rips people off big time and that ce2 mri crap is plain crap, it wont work as well if you dont use the no2 with it. this is coming from the mri rep. i work for nutrition depot in spring off louetta, go over to nutrition depot in clear lake off nasa rd 1 and talk to thomas tell i sent you and he will take care of you. ask him about the product ctd noxavol its in my opinion better than nitrix. he knows his **** and hes awesome. if hes not there talk to one of his guys they truely know what they are talking about. if you are in spring come over to see me, my store is THE BIGGEST IN COUNTRY, U WILL BE AMAZED!!!!!!

go over to nutrition depot they are 30-40 percent cheaper than gnc (get a ****** cash)

JUSTIN
Old 02-07-2008, 04:12 PM
9 Second Club NA

regorih383, I don't need bigger muscles to kick anyone's ***. I'm trying to get into shape to feel better about myself and to be fit for the spring and summer.

CarrotcarZ, no I'm not doing it in/for competition, but I am serious about getting into shape and I'm on week 5. I have not tried Nitrix, but I'm not having any muscle fatigue.

monkey97z28, yeah I got my Syntha-6 and NoExplode from the Nasa location. Why do you say the CE2 is crap? I was recommended by many people here on the board to take a creatine, but to make sure it was etheylester so that it doesn't retain water. Why would you have to use it with NO2 for it to work well? I'm not doubting or questioning your opinion, I just want to know why.
Old 02-07-2008, 04:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Me and a friend of mine are working with University of Texas Health. We're working on a program to force the body into producing all natural steriods so to speak. Its working rather well so far. Alternating supplements with intensity and getting some pretty neat results, I can't release all the info but so far it looks pretty damn promising.

-Rick
Old 02-07-2008, 04:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by RickyMartinZ28
Me and a friend of mine are working with University of Texas Health. We're working on a program to force the body into producing all natural steriods so to speak. Its working rather well so far. Alternating supplements with intensity and getting some pretty neat results, I can't release all the info but so far it looks pretty damn promising.

-Rick
Research by scientists from the University of Connecticut examined the hormonal responses and adaptation to resistance exercise and training. They noted that high-volume, moderate-to-high-intensity weight training, using short rest intervals and stressing a large muscle mass, multiple joint exercises (legs, Chest, Back, shoulders) tended to produce the greatest acute hormonal elevations (notably testosterone and GH). In comparison low-volume, high-intensity resistance training methods using long rest intervals did not induce a similarly high hormonal response. Sports Med 2005; 35(4):339-61

like the extra hormones released when you do squats and such?
Old 02-07-2008, 04:36 PM
Teching In

heres why, when i took it they were basically poop pellets, meaning, i know this may sound sick but when i went to crapper and did my thing i saw them in my poop. they dont break down that well because they are tablets (meaning a hard pill). when i worked at gnc ce2 was the most returned product in the company worldwide. thats why ce2 is cheaper than when it orginally came out, a bottle sold for $80 bucks. creatine ethyl ester isnt bad they offer an absorbtion rate of 75 to 80 percent. there is a new creatine out called kre-alyklyn. its ph balanced to the body with an absorbtion rate of about 95-100 percent. kre-alyklyn actually has a patent from the feds, which means that u have to prove that it works to recieve the patent. CTD makes kre-alykln, you can get it at nutrition depot. but if u still want a creatine ethyl ester a company called axis labs makes one in a capsule form, which is broken down completely. my advice if u still have your reciept, take the ce2 back to gnc and get your money back. u can still take it back even if u still opened it, i know their policies. come over to nutrition depot to shop, we know our ****. go to the one in clear lake or if you are on the northside go to the one on louetta. i work m-f usually 8am to 6pm. do you go to 2920 and I-45 meet i will be out there, friday nite and can get u some samples, if you want.
Old 02-07-2008, 05:21 PM
On The Tree

Just cause you work out alot dont mean you are gonna automatically be able to kick someones ***!
Old 02-07-2008, 05:27 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by flemshady
Just cause you work out alot dont mean you are gonna automatically be able to kick someones ***!

Thank you. None of us knew that.
Old 02-07-2008, 05:38 PM
TECH Resident

LOL @ Animal pack..I used to take that garbage, the only thing animal about it were the horseshit sized deuces I dropped in the toilet. Your **** will also turn a nice shade of dark yellow brown. 11 pills is way too much to take and I believe you literally end up flushing most of your money down the toilet. Just stick to a good multi vitamin and eat well balanced meals with good nutrients/macro nutrients (mucho protein).
Old 02-07-2008, 09:30 PM
TECH Junkie

I'm suprised nobody has mentioned that you've only got one day of rest between leg workouts. IMO that isn't enough time. You need at least 2 days of rest. And if you only get 6 or so hours of sleep a night maybe 3 days.

IMO if you can have a really good leg workout on Thursday all it means is that you didn't work hard enough on Tuesday.
Old 02-07-2008, 09:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Ben R
I'm suprised nobody has mentioned that you've only got one day of rest between leg workouts. IMO that isn't enough time. You need at least 2 days of rest. And if you only get 6 or so hours of sleep a night maybe 3 days.

IMO if you can have a really good leg workout on Thursday all it means is that you didn't work hard enough on Tuesday.
wait, you actually care

yall have given him all the advice he needs and he still can't figure it out, it obviously means he has drive
Old 02-07-2008, 09:45 PM
TECH Regular

This is a worthless post since I didn't really read any of this thread but seeing all of these "work out junkies" threads inspired me to get off my *** and use my lifetime membership tonight. so thanks i feel better already
Old 02-07-2008, 09:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

I dont see any cardio in there. Dont neglect cardio because you dont think you dont need it. Your heart will thank you later. I agree with the poster above when he said that you have to little rest between leg days. You should be fine for now but after 3 months total on this particular program your on you will need to change your workout to include more rest between bouts of exercise. 3 months is the typical time it takes the body to adapt to exercise. After that time frame you may run the risk of over training and could actually see a reversal of strength and size. BTW I am an exercise physiologist so I am not just pulling this out of my ***. Good luck with your goals and I think your on the right track. Feel free to PM me with any questions, that goes for anyone else as well. And no i dont want money for advice. LOL
Old 02-08-2008, 02:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

so you dont workout your back or did i miss that? you workout at 24 in friendswood?
Old 02-08-2008, 03:09 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Ben R

No one else noticed that he has no back day either

J
Old 02-08-2008, 03:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by THE BLACK WIDOW
No one else noticed that he has no back day either

J
actually i did, right before you
Old 02-08-2008, 06:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

badger milk that always does it for me.
Old 02-11-2008, 12:52 PM
9 Second Club NA

03Sssnake, my deuces have no changed in size, but my **** has turned a cool neon color. It's actually 12 pills. I thought it was a multi-vitamin? What makes it different than GNC Mega Men Sport?

Ben R, there's only so many days in a week and I'd like to work my legs at least twice a week. I don't want to work out 7 days a week either, I want weekends off.

6THZ28, one night isn't going to cut it. You gotta stick with it.

D-Webz, there's only so many workouts that I can do with the weights I have, so when you say change up my work out, do you mean do different workouts or just change the order of the current workouts?

Robzilla, I don't do specific workouts for my back, there are workouts that I do that use the back muscles. No, I work out at home.

I've already gotten the protein take care of. I'm taking 2 scoops of whey protein at lunch time, with 8 oz. of milk. That's 64g of protein. I will also take this same shake after my workout, so that's 128g of protein a day just in my shakes alone. I take 1 pack of the Animal Pak once daily in the morning, which is my multi-vitamin.

Quick Reply: Workout Junkies: Part III (Final Chapter)