Workout Junkies: Part III (Final Chapter)

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 01:33 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If that routine works for you, along with the supplements, great.

Here's mine (my "workout week" starts on Thursday):

Thursday: Shoulders and Traps. Cardio.
Friday: Light cardio before weights. Legs.
Saturday: Back. Cardio.
Sunday: Chest. Abs.
Monday: Biceps/forearms. Cardio.
Tuesday: Triceps.
Wednesday: Off.

Supplements: SuperPump 250.

Here's why I set it up this way: Everyone and their dog does chest on Monday. By avoiding chest and triceps on Mondays, I can get in a good workout without waiting for any equipment. I avoid working the same muscle group two days in a row wherever possible, either as a focus or an incidental. This lets me have better reps and I'm not artificially fatiguing a muscle group before I get good reps.

I never focus on how many reps I'm doing, except during my warm-up sets. Instead, I focus on making sure I do a good rep, the muscles I intend to work are the ones getting worked, and I'm not cheating or straining. Sometimes I get 12 clean reps, sometimes I get 8. It all depends on how I'm feeling and what muscle groups I've worked before that set.

I've been doing this seriously for about a year now. My scale weight has only gone down by about 10lbs, but I've gone from a tight 38" waist to a comfortable 36" waist. At the same time, my shirt size has gone up, but it's because my chest and shoulders are broader, not my belly. I can lift a whole lot more weight than I could a year ago. On every exercise, my warm-up weight is more than my max rep weight was a year ago. I look better, I feel better, I sleep through the night, and (most importantly), I have a much better feeling about myself now.

Could I do better? Sure. I'm more aware of what I eat, but I'm not very strict about it. I could probably lift more weight on some exercises. But I'm not doing this to be a competitive bodybuilder. I'm doing this so that I'm not embarrassed to look at myself in the mirror.

-Mike
Old 02-11-2008, 01:36 PM
TECH Junkie

Also, if your **** is neon green, that's usually a sign of too much potassium. Drink enough water to make your pee clear.

-Mike
Old 02-11-2008, 04:22 PM
9 Second Club NA

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

chupr0kabra, yeah, I don't have to wait on anybody, so I can do whatever workout or muscle I want. I don't work the same muscles day after day secondary or primary because I swap from upper to lower each day.

How does that SuperPump250 work for ya? In other words, how do you like it and what exactly does it do for you?

It's hard to drink water when I'm not thirsty. I'm trying though. It takes me a whole bottle of Ozarka (16.9 oz) to take the 12 pills.
Old 02-11-2008, 04:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Dragaholic
It's hard to drink water when I'm not thirsty. I'm trying though. It takes me a whole bottle of Ozarka (16.9 oz) to take the 12 pills.

wow

you sound pathetic

Old 02-11-2008, 04:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

D-Webz, there's only so many workouts that I can do with the weights I have, so when you say change up my work out, do you mean do different workouts or just change the order of the current workouts?
What I am saying is after three months total of the same workout your going to need to switch it up or your gains will stagnate. Plus you need to add a back workout in there somewhere. You will not be able to hit your muscles twice a week forever without running the risk of over training. So a typical split would be
Mon: chest, tri's
Tues: back and bi's
Wed: off
Thurs: Legs
Fri: shoulders
sat and sun Off.

You can split it up anyway you want this is just an example.

You need to also add in some cardio to help augment your gains.
Old 02-11-2008, 05:15 PM
9 Second Club NA

D-Webz, yeah, that's how I took it. Change up the order that I do my workouts so that your body doesn't get used to the same routine. Not necessarily do different workouts, just rearrange them. Cool, thanks for the tip.

I'm thinking about trying out the SuperPump250. Anyone else using it?
Old 02-11-2008, 05:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

D-Webz, yeah, that's how I took it. Change up the order that I do my workouts so that your body doesn't get used to the same routine. Not necessarily do different workouts, just rearrange them. Cool, thanks for the tip.

I'm thinking about trying out the SuperPump250. Anyone else using it?
just stop
Old 02-11-2008, 05:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

You will need to change up your rep range and amount of weight you use. If your doing low weight and high reps you will eventually need to incorporate some heavier weights and lower rep range. Switching the order you do exercise in a workout is not exactly what I was talking about. It sounds complicated but all you have to remember is that your body want change if it is use to something. By changing anything in you workout will cause a new stimulus to your body. Just get creative and find out what you like and what works best for you.
Old 02-11-2008, 05:31 PM
TECH Junkie

How does that SuperPump250 work for ya? In other words, how do you like it and what exactly does it do for you?
I like it, but I don't use it every time. I do one scoop in 10 oz. of water and ice that I mix in a smoothie machine we have, about 30 minutes before my workout. I typically cycle two weeks on, two weeks off. When I'm on it, it gives me a good "rush", meaning I've got a lot of energy, I'm able to really focus on my workout, and I typically get a few more reps out before I feel positive failure. From my experience, with my body, I've found that after two weeks, I don't feel as much of an affect. Rather than up the dosage, I just quit taking it for a couple weeks. I still get good workouts without it, but I feel like I get better workouts when I'm on it.

Like most supplements, there is some controversy as to whether or not it works, or if it's just a placebo. The way I see it, even if it is a placebo, if I convince my body (and more importantly, my mind), that I can work a little harder when I'm on it, then I get a better workout, and it has done what it advertises.

Also, there are some minor side effects. Some people have jokingly referred to it as "SuperDump", because of the...gastrointestinal...side effects. It hasn't ever made me sick, or really bothered my stomach, but I noticed that I am very regular and alarmingly "fragrant" when I'm on SuperPump, if you get my meaning.

-Mike
Old 02-11-2008, 05:33 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by D-Webz
You will need to change up your rep range and amount of weight you use. If your doing low weight and high reps you will eventually need to incorporate some heavier weights and lower rep range. Switching the order you do exercise in a workout is not exactly what I was talking about. It sounds complicated but all you have to remember is that your body want change if it is use to something. By changing anything in you workout will cause a new stimulus to your body. Just get creative and find out what you like and what works best for you.
Yeah, you'll notice that I didn't put specific exercises in my routine. That's because I try not to do the same exercises week after week. For example, on my chest routine, some weeks I'll do bench, others I do dumbbells. It not only helps with muscle growth (for me, YMMV), but it keeps me from getting bored or falling into a rut where I don't get any new growth.

-Mike
Old 02-12-2008, 08:21 AM
9 Second Club NA

D-Webz, I do 4 sets of 10 on every workout. I'm struggling on the last few. I add weight every week. It's not much, but at least it's something. So you're saying that I need to switch back and forth from heavy weight with low reps to lighter weight and more reps?

chupr0kabra, so then basically SuperPump250 is another form of NoExplode. Wow, only 1 scoop does it for you? I have always taken 2 from the beginning, but it wore off quick. I didn't cycle though like you stated. I did add one more scoop one day and it made a big differece. I was going crazy.

Like most supplements, there is some controversy as to whether or not it works, or if it's just a placebo. The way I see it, even if it is a placebo, if I convince my body (and more importantly, my mind), that I can work a little harder when I'm on it, then I get a better workout, and it has done what it advertises.
I agree with you on this.

Ok, creatine. I've had some recommended that I take it. However, 3 have been mentioned (kre-alykln, monohydrate, and etheylester) Which one is the best and what's the difference?
Old 02-12-2008, 08:38 AM
TECH Veteran

I take creatine, but I don't think it does anything for me. It's in the translucent red bottle... Whatsit called... ****, I can't think of it. I'm probably not goning to buy another bottle. Everybody said it is the "good stuff."
Old 02-12-2008, 09:20 AM
TECH Junkie

Sounds like CellMass. I used that for a while and got some good results, but I've cycled and concentrated more on form over supplements.

-Mike
Old 02-12-2008, 10:15 AM
Launching!

I wouldnt work out biceps twice a week. everyone wants huge biceps so they go work them out the most when in reality they make up less that 3 percent of your entire body and will get bigger if hit it extremeley hard one day and let them rest the rest of the week
Old 02-12-2008, 11:40 AM
Teching In

btw, chupokabra, the neon green or yellow, is too much vitaman b2 NOT POTASSIUM. the neon urine is harmless. kind of like your car running a little rich. super dump 250 dragaholic is pretty good, one of my favorites but depending on how your body is there are gastro side affects bc the arginine levels are pretty high. arginine is what is needed to form nitric oxide in the blood stream giving the pump effects . no shotgun by vpx is probably my favorite, awesome pumps!! if you want to try super pump go to nutrition depot and they should have samples there for you to try.
Old 02-12-2008, 12:24 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by monkey97z28
btw, chupokabra, the neon green or yellow, is too much vitaman b2 NOT POTASSIUM. the neon urine is harmless. kind of like your car running a little rich.
After watching my brother fight a degenerative kidney disease and having a transplant a few years ago, I don't take any chances. It wasn't related to supplements or diet, it was hereditary. Still, better safe than sorry.

-Mike
Old 02-12-2008, 03:07 PM
Teching In

When ever you decide to get dedicated to your body...Meaning, figure out what goal you want to achieve, and do it. Dont let things side track you, remove the words "cant" & "too hard " from your mouth. Do your research and get the job done. You will be so happy with yourself and your ability to conquer goals. Right now I train with heavy weight on every body part
(as much as possible..Some days Im fatigued) so its extremely important to rest my muscles for growth. I also feel like your training you legs to soon, at least space it 3 days if you really want to work them twice a week.
If you work them right, Im sure once a week would do the job. Also, its very important to drink at least a gallon of water a day to cleanse and replenish. Athletes use a lot more water than others and with all of the supplements you're taking its extremely important to flush you body properly. Its not a new fade when you see athletes walking around with a gallon
of water in their hand.

here's my current routine - 3sets 10 to 12 reps with one max out set for each body part.

Mon- Back & Biceps
Tues- chest & triceps
Wed- Shoulders & traps
Thurs- Legs
Fri- Abs
Sat- Off
Sun- Off

30 mins of cardio 2 or 3 times a week in the morning with no food.

Last edited by ReggD79LS1; 02-12-2008 at 03:13 PM.
Old 02-12-2008, 03:16 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 2 SLOW
just stop
Do you intentionally **** with this guy?
Old 02-12-2008, 03:56 PM
Teching In

chupa im sorry if i came off wrong, i was informing, not trying to be an ***

here you go dragaholic the differences between creatine:

monohydrate: makes me bloat like hell, majority of other people too. the way this creatine works is by drawing the water to the outside of the muscle cell. this creates a bloated look, not good if you want to cut. monohydrate you have to load up on in the first week, anywhere from 20 - 25 grams a day! after that you should take up to 10grams a day. monohydrate also needs a vehicle to get saturated into the muscles. for example, most companies tell you to mix it with grape juice because it has alot of sugar. sugar is the number one way of getting monohydrate to uptake. next time you are in a nutrition store look for cell-tech by muscletech, there is 75 grams of sugar in one serving, another example phospagen by eas, it has 35 grams of sugar. as for myself, my body doesnt metabolize sugar that well, as with alot of other people, furthering that bloated look. however, monohydrate does seem to make people stronger, but u lose that size when you come off. monohydrate has a real low absorbtion rate meaning most of it you put in you waste and **** out.

ethyl ester: all right stuff actually. unlike monohydrate the water is drawn to the inside of the muscle cell. this gets rid of the bloating situation. ethyl ester is absorbed way better than the monhydrate at a pretty good rate but not the best. its bc the creatine molecule is attached to ethyl ester which is one of the better ways for your body to absorb the creatine. for this reason ethyl ester doesnt need sugar or anything to be absorbed. people get good results but i would honestly stay from cellmass by bsn, they got busted by supplement police.com for being monohydrate. if you choose to go with ethyl ester stick with a capsule form and not a tablet form.

kre-alykln: this stuff is almost completely absorbable. why it is completely absorbable is because its ph balanced to our bodies. people get really strong off this stuff without any of the bloating factor. the water again is attracted to the inside of the muscle cell, giving a nice clean, non bloated look.

if it was me i would go with the kre-alykln, easy to take, and you get great results, there is one made by ctd labs you get like almost a 2 month supply for 34.99 at nutrition depot
Old 02-12-2008, 04:26 PM
9 Second Club NA

connexion2005, he's a smartass to a lot of people and they jump his ***. Sometimes the mods have to get in there. I choose just to ignore him as there's no sense in getting all worked up over someone who hardly ever pitches in useful information. Don't get me wrong, everyone once in a while he'll post a decent reply, but mostly just smartass remarks.

Sharpe, I think chupr0kabra is right, sounds like CellMass.

chevy0128, but for some odd reason, seems like the biceps grow the fastest. I'm seeing the most results from my arms. My triceps especially.

monkey97z28, is there any harm/danger with the gastro side effects?

ReggD79LS1, I'm trying not to and so far so good. I'm even thinking about staying away from alcohol for a while, at least until I reach my goals. I usually go out on Saturdays and have some drinks. It's usually vodka, malibu, long islands, and ocassionaly Patron. I'm trying to push myself to drink that gallon of water. About 8 Ozarka bottles will get me there.

Quick Reply: Workout Junkies: Part III (Final Chapter)