Whats There To Do In Deer Park, Texas?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 05:55 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Silver SS 00, I'm guessing since your from Deer Park I'll probably see you out cruising sometime. Unless you only bring her out every once in a while. I wanna head down to Kemah and check out the meet there, that's if everyone heads down. I'll be sure to get on here and make sure everyone is heading down there that Saturday night.
Old 02-11-2008, 06:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by -Ross-
The car scene in Deer Park was killer...in 1994.
It was even better in the 80's. IIRC MTV had DP listed as one of top 10cruise scenes. That declined when DPPD set up road blocks on Center and funneled cars w/young drivers off into parking lots and searched them looking for reasons to write tickets. Luckily I was 15 at the time and riding bikes w/a friend to his house. We sat in the library parking lot and watched for a while. After that they'd still search your car for no reason if you were out cruising on Center. We still did it though.

As for the hunting thing, I lived there from 74ish-91. Yes, I'm old. I've seen a few small (infasis on small) deer, coyote and various small animals in those years, but nothing worth hunting.
Old 02-11-2008, 06:26 PM
Teching In

Default What happened to center street

I used to run out there between 1998-2002 ... What happened? DPPD was oK back then as long as there was nothing stupid going on. Sure we were kicked out of the Abertson's and HEB but last I remember we were at the Shipleys. Center St. used to be my regular hang out on saturdays.
Old 02-11-2008, 06:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Probably too many ricers. Its what happens to many car gatherings now days.
Old 02-11-2008, 07:06 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by GunshotZ28
Hey Silver SS 00, I'm guessing since your from Deer Park I'll probably see you out cruising sometime. Unless you only bring her out every once in a while. I wanna head down to Kemah and check out the meet there, that's if everyone heads down. I'll be sure to get on here and make sure everyone is heading down there that Saturday night.
yeh onlt once so often or on a trailer going to the track,sometimes to the car wash,might driver her around more often maybe,been wanting to go to that meet as well in kemah,just have not gone yet
Old 02-12-2008, 12:43 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by SILVER SS 00
they just opened a hooters on beltway before you get to fairmont
almost a year ago i made that post/...

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...light=fairmont
Old 02-12-2008, 01:45 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Center street was fun back around 96-99. Then it was Kroger in pasadena which sucked. Nothing like getting a race and cruising all the way down to 225 letting everyone in town know what you were going to do. 20+ cars at once.
Target was around for a while @ BW8 but that really sucked because you couldn't get a race. I remember going out to barnes and noble a few times in clear lake, 200+ people it was crazy.
Damn I miss street racing.
Old 02-12-2008, 06:41 AM
TECH Regular

If you guys meet up, shoot me a pm. I'm just down the street. The meet in kemah always has a great turn out with plenty of very nice rides. People also meet nearby for some racing.
Old 02-12-2008, 12:13 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by LS2 KLR
If you guys meet up, shoot me a pm. I'm just down the street. The meet in kemah always has a great turn out with plenty of very nice rides. People also meet nearby for some racing.
So this meet you guys speak of happenes EVERY SATURDAY NIGHT?
Old 02-12-2008, 03:00 PM
Teching In

So this meet you guys speak of happenes EVERY SATURDAY NIGHT?
Yessir! Get there early, like 6:30. If you go later, as aforementioned, it will be PACKED!

And yeah, if y'all wanna plan a cruise for our new DP pal, say a pre-meet and cruise to the Kemah meet for one of these upcoming Saturdays, that would be awesome possum! Post a thread if y'all do this

<3
Old 02-12-2008, 03:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

I grew up in DP, went to school there, ect. There isnt really much to do, but your next to Houston, and the surrouding area has a lot to do. If you go to Kemah get there early, like 4-5pm so you miss all the traffic on 146.
Old 02-12-2008, 11:54 PM
Launching!

It sounds like a pretty cool place. My friend wants me to move over there with him, but like I'm not all that sure. Hopefully my car will be out of the shop by the time I head down there. It should be painted by this Thursday or Friday. I'll be sure to post up some pics when she's out. Can't wait!!!
Old 02-13-2008, 01:47 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Elkyman72
I used to run out there between 1998-2002 ... What happened? DPPD was oK back then as long as there was nothing stupid going on. Sure we were kicked out of the Abertson's and HEB but last I remember we were at the Shipleys. Center St. used to be my regular hang out on saturdays.
so that was your yellow el-camino on the 74-81 z28 wheels?
Old 02-13-2008, 01:59 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol i remember that car. I used to try to get a race out of it every weekend w/ my truck.
Old 02-14-2008, 08:55 PM
Teching In

Default My El Camino

that was me. Those rims where stock SS El Camino and Chevelle wheels, I later switched to old creagers. I never ran that thing ... honestly it was slow as **** my stepdad helped me build it and he tuned its nuts off. I was maybe pushing 250 horses. I put 45000 on the car after i built it so now it sits under **** in my garage. What were yall driving?
Attached Thumbnails Whats There To Do In Deer Park, Texas?-elky-pic-small.jpg  
Old 02-14-2008, 09:49 PM
Launching!

Anyone ever ate at that Ichi Ban place?
Old 02-14-2008, 10:03 PM
12 Second Club

yeah its a really cool place to eat at. they cook the food right in front of you.
Old 02-14-2008, 10:07 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by cptncdy
yeah its a really cool place to eat at. they cook the food right in front of you.
Yeah that's what my friend was telling me. I don't wanna go and like one of them people mess up while cooking and catch me on fire or something, lol. Na but what all do they serve there? Is it just like chinese food or is there like steaks.. Other kinds of food.
Old 02-14-2008, 10:08 PM
TECH Regular

I graduated in 97 from LP and missed the hype of center st by a couple yrs. I use to go over there quite a bit and drool. Its what first got me hooked on cars, especially mustangs.

What separates those times from now are ricers. Everytime a new spot gets good you can always count on them to screw **** up.
Old 02-14-2008, 10:52 PM
Texas Director

It's kind of a poor man's Benihama. It's OK. Not much for atmosphere IMO. As far as Kemah goes, it depends what your group is in the mood for. Landry's for pretty good seafood, Joe's Crab Shack for a variety of seafood dishes, drinks and a loud atmosphere, the Aquarium for over priced, fair seafood, the Flying Dutchman for middle of the road seafood, Cadillac Bar for decent Mexican Food, Salt Grass for decent steaks. That's all I can think of as far as restaurants. There is the new, huge roller coaster and amusement park and shops also. I would definitely vote Kemah, but it depends on what your group is in the mood for. Good luck and have fun!

Quick Reply: Whats There To Do In Deer Park, Texas?