Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 09:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Still no pics?
Old 02-12-2008, 10:30 PM
TECH Resident

I am an absolute animal lover, but definitely no hippie. Let me explain...

I personally have two dogs, there is one other in the same house along with a cat. At the farm we have numerous cats, guineas, chicken, Five horses, 4 German Shappards and a damn Llama.

I love all animals but they are not like humans. Because of evolution they need a place to live, food provided, and affection (even if slight).

But when it comes down to it, the very truth of it all is people do not have pets, they keep animals.

If it was your dog or your dad, which would you choose?

Similarly

If it was your dog or your kid, which would you choose?

I think Bad GM is making the right decision... From what little I know, it seems like he's looking out for the animals best interest while keeping his family and future family first. Sure people can argue that their animal is part of the family, as all of mine are, but they are animals. Hell, I don't have any kids but you could not pay me enough money for me to give up my dogs or horses. Maybe the llama. lol. But if a future childs saftey is in question, or a more important issue comes into your life, it's your responsibility to find a suitable home. I can definitely understand why he's searching for the proper environment for the dog...

When it comes down to it they are animals, not children...

-W
Old 02-12-2008, 10:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Any updates on the process of finding a home? This thread has been hijacked hardcore.
Old 02-13-2008, 07:31 AM

Angry

I agree with everyone's point of view, but you do have to give him kudos for trying to find a good home rather than just letting it out his front door.

I love that comment that people are treating animals like they are cell phones. That is so true.

Old 02-13-2008, 08:13 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by just-a-z
Any updates on the process of finding a home? This thread has been hijacked hardcore.
well, i sent the guy a pm a couple days ago, even offered to pay a small deposit to hang onto it till the weekend when i could get over there with my girl to check it out, but no response...and LS Juan posted "i got it" not sure if he was referencing the dog, or that he got the previous posters point, whatever that was
Old 02-13-2008, 09:57 AM
TECH Apprentice

Sorry for the dealy guys...I was away from the computer all day yesterday at doctor appointments with my wife. We found out that we are 90% sure we are having a girl...will know within a 98% certainty in about 7 days. They are doing the blood work now.

Sorry for the lack of pictures...my wife took the camera to work and accidentally left it there.

Charley (the pug) is gone as of last night. I menationed it to a good friend of mine at work and his brother decided to pick him up last night. Thanks for everyone's interest and he is now in a place where I know he will be taken care of properly.

Thanks,

Chris