Free to good home - 1.5 year old black pug

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 12:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Free to good home - 1.5 year old black pug

We have a black pug that was born early July 2006. He is very cute and sweet. He is fixed and is up to date on his shots. He currently uses Heartguard for heartworms and Frontline for fleas. He is used to staying in a kennel at night and when we are at work and walks well on a leash. He is a great pet and I don't want to get rid of him, however we have a child on the way and also have another dog, so he is not getting the attention that he deserves. If you are interested please shoot me an email or PM and we can discuss you coming to take a look at him.

Thanks,

Chris
Old 02-11-2008, 12:44 PM
TECH Junkie

Pics?

My family used to breed AKC registered pugs, so I've always had a soft spot for the little boogers.

-Mike
Old 02-11-2008, 12:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

I will have to try and get some tonight. He is solid black with a small white patch on his chest area. He weighs roughly 18-20 lbs. aand is not registered, however he is definitely a full blooded pug.

We live right by downtown Houston, and I am home most evenings after about 5:00 or so.

Thanks,

Chris
Old 02-11-2008, 03:48 PM
On The Tree

bump for some awesome dogs (i have two pugs)!
Old 02-11-2008, 03:58 PM
12 Second Club

someone plz get this guy... I hate seeing people give their dogs away over babies..
nothing meant towards you bad gm.....

But I am a dog lover, and I hear this crap all the time about not enough attention for the dog... bullshit, dogs love other dogs, and they love kids. and to have another dog you are keeping?????

never makes sense to me........
I get bugged because I have rescued 3 dogs that were in similiar situations, from my family..

again, it chops my hide that people get a dog for a year, and then they are done...

its like having a kid for a year, and then being like... Dont want this **** anymore..
sorry....

Someone get this dog..
bump.
Old 02-11-2008, 04:59 PM
On The Tree

i agree ^^^^^ id take him if i had the room for sure!
Old 02-11-2008, 05:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by quickblade
someone plz get this guy... I hate seeing people give their dogs away over babies..

But I am a dog lover, and I hear this crap all the time about not enough attention for the dog... bullshit, dogs love other dogs, and they love kids. and to have another dog you are keeping?????

I get bugged because I have rescued 3 dogs that were in similiar situations, from my family..

again, it chops my hide that people get a dog for a year, and then they are done...

its like having a kid for a year, and then being like... Dont want this **** anymore..
sorry....

Someone get this dog..
bump.
Thanks Dad!

You don't know my situation or the fact that we just moved into a much smaller house with no yard, so he can't play and get his exercise like he should and used to.

I feel like he would be better off in a home where he can get more attention like he deserves and I wouldn't even consider getting rid of him if I did not think that it was better for him.

But thanks for you wonderful insight and thoughtful input. Have a great day!

Chris
Old 02-11-2008, 05:22 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1 BAD GM
Thanks Dad!

You don't know my situation or the fact that we just moved into a much smaller house with no yard, so he can't play and get his exercise like he should and used to.

I feel like he would be better off in a home where he can get more attention like he deserves and I wouldn't even consider getting rid of him if I did not think that it was better for him.

But thanks for you wonderful insight and thoughtful input. Have a great day!

Chris
chris, like I said was not meaning anything to you.. I know everyone hits these spots...
I have 3 rescued dogs from same type situations...
It just chops my hide... was not meaning anything towards you dude...

LOL at the dad deal...
Old 02-11-2008, 05:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Send pics when you get them tonight.
Old 02-11-2008, 09:04 PM
Teching In

pics also would be appreciated here
Old 02-11-2008, 09:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Damm, if i were closer. Id pick it up, my 5 year old son loves dogs. Free bump. LOL
Old 02-11-2008, 09:13 PM
Launching!

my wife wants him asap.Check pm.
Old 02-11-2008, 09:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I live in Cypress and would love to check him out. Can you post pics or can we set up a meeting?
Old 02-11-2008, 10:52 PM
Teching In

sorry....

Someone get this dog..
bump.
I tell you what chops my hyde.. when people try to compare humans and animals. Get a f@cking grip guys.. Read a post on here a while back about some kids drag racing and one got killed. Lots of people clowning the dead kid, making lots of disrepectful comments. Then another guy post a thread that he thinks someone poisoned his dog and holy hell broke loose. Everyone wanted to kill the neighbor, giving condolences to the guy, etc.....Gimme a break folks, they are pets. Yes part of the family, but if I had to chose between one of my three kids or the dog? Dog's gotta go every time. Sorry to rant but this is one of my "pet" peeves.......No disrepect and I ain't callin you out Blade. I'm just sayin.....
Old 02-12-2008, 07:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Being somewhat country and having raised animals for food purposes, I tend to thave Juan's point of view also. Its a dog!!!!

At least the guy isn't taking it out and putting a .22 cal piece of lead in it's head or dumping it at the pound. He is being responsible, admitting that there may be a problem, and trying to find a solution where the dog can live.

I also see where dogs have pretty much become accessories for many people like a cell phone. They get it, see something else they want and dump the old one. Thats crap in it's self, but I don't think thats the case here.
Old 02-12-2008, 07:29 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Greed4Speed
Being somewhat country and having raised animals for food purposes, I tend to thave Juan's point of view also. Its a dog!!!!

At least the guy isn't taking it out and putting a .22 cal piece of lead in it's head or dumping it at the pound. He is being responsible, admitting that there may be a problem, and trying to find a solution where the dog can live.

I also see where dogs have pretty much become accessories for many people like a cell phone. They get it, see something else they want and dump the old one. Thats crap in it's self, but I don't think thats the case here.

LOL.. you raised dogs for food..

I didnt say he was doing it bad, props for doing it the right way.
Old 02-12-2008, 07:36 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by LS_Juan
I tell you what chops my hyde.. when people try to compare humans and animals. Get a f@cking grip guys.. Read a post on here a while back about some kids drag racing and one got killed. Lots of people clowning the dead kid, making lots of disrepectful comments. Then another guy post a thread that he thinks someone poisoned his dog and holy hell broke loose. Everyone wanted to kill the neighbor, giving condolences to the guy, etc.....Gimme a break folks, they are pets. Yes part of the family, but if I had to chose between one of my three kids or the dog? Dog's gotta go every time. Sorry to rant but this is one of my "pet" peeves.......No disrepect and I ain't callin you out Blade. I'm just sayin.....
I was just talking my mind, was not wanting to get everyone going.
my wife and I see things differently then alot of people, and I dont relate dogs to humans, just love the hell out of them.
They are pets, but they are pets that when you get them you love them.
If a neighbor poisoned my dog, I would stab him. wouldnt shoot him, but he would get stabbed for sure.. middle of the night and all.
that is how I see things.
and juan I dont think you are calling me out..
we are all on this site to bullshit. that is what I am doing.
Old 02-12-2008, 06:58 PM
Teching In

Got it....
Old 02-12-2008, 08:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

LOL.. you raised dogs for food..

I didnt say he was doing it bad, props for doing it the right way.
We actually raised various poultry and rabbits to eat. Also was around goats and cattle that got butchered, not to mention the wildlife that ended up on my plate. I'd eat dog if I was hungry enough. Hell, I've eaten cat so why not? If you've ever eaten Chinese you probably have too...

I loved my dogs too, but there is a limit. I have no problem putting one down due to disease or agressive behavior problems.

Last edited by Greed4Speed; 02-12-2008 at 08:20 PM.
Old 02-12-2008, 08:15 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Greed4Speed
I'd eat dog if I was hungry enough. Hell, I've eaten cat so why not? If you've ever eaten Chinese you probably have too...
ouch we going there.. LOL

chinese. i know sometimes they eat dog.
the koreans have it in most of their dishes.