Street Racing deaths

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2008, 03:12 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Street Racing deaths

Dont know if anyone has seen this, but another serious crash that kills 8 and injures 4 more. Not even a real street car, just ur basic sedan getting involved. http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/02/16/dra...p/#cnnSTCVideo
Old 02-16-2008, 03:16 PM
11 Second Club

it was a real street car, otherwise it wouldnt of been on the street.

It was not a street racing typical vehichle though. And yes, its a major repost.

Terrible accident.
Old 02-16-2008, 03:20 PM
TECH Junkie

that car wasnt involved in the race at all.
Old 02-16-2008, 03:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

That guys future doesnt look very bright.
Old 02-16-2008, 04:14 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

I wish the media wouldn't call it "street racing accident". It can be better described as "Spectator Accident".
Old 02-16-2008, 04:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

You and me both. But the media wants everyone to know that all street racing ends in death.......
Old 02-16-2008, 04:54 PM
11 Second Club

I believe "Green Day" said it the best in there song "American Idiot"

"One nation controlled by the media"

Thats all this is. The media puts a negative spin on anything that there trying to crack down on. Baseball, Olympics,Street Racing.
Old 02-16-2008, 05:04 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jessedale98
I believe "Green Day" said it the best in there song "American Idiot"

"One nation controlled by the media"

Thats all this is. The media puts a negative spin on anything that there trying to crack down on. Baseball, Olympics,Street Racing.
+1...too many ignorant people out there that can't look paste what the media baby feeds them.
Old 02-16-2008, 05:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
I wish the media wouldn't call it "street racing accident". It can be better described as "Spectator Accident".
YEAH...
Old 02-16-2008, 05:15 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
well technically, according to the report, the street racing directly contributed to the accident since the burnouts apparently created a smoke screen and the crown vic couldn't see where it was going.

myself though, i think i would've just hit the brakes instead of trying to drive through it, as long as there weren't cars behind me that could potentially rear end me
Old 02-16-2008, 05:29 PM
11 Second Club

The blame is really on the driver of the crown vic. If your blaming cars burning out as the cause, thats kinda stupid.

Heres my reasoning. If there was a car accident up ahead which u couldnt see, and there was a smoke screen on the road. What are you gonna do? Plow through that bitch? Doubtful. So the car goes plowing through and hits the other cars that have gotten in an acident, and kills the people in the other cars. Who fault is it then? Personaly I was taught to drive defensivly and would of slowed my *** down. Why the **** didnt the Crown Vic?
Old 02-16-2008, 05:40 PM
Launching!

if you read further in the article, one of the witnesses said that the crown vic did not have any lights on.
Old 02-17-2008, 12:46 PM
TECH Regular

The blame is really on the driver of the crown vic. If your blaming cars burning out as the cause, thats kinda stupid.

Heres my reasoning. If there was a car accident up ahead which u couldnt see, and there was a smoke screen on the road. What are you gonna do? Plow through that bitch? Doubtful. So the car goes plowing through and hits the other cars that have gotten in an acident, and kills the people in the other cars. Who fault is it then? Personaly I was taught to drive defensivly and would of slowed my *** down. Why the **** didnt the Crown Vic?
good point. crown vic driver is a retard
Old 02-17-2008, 05:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default Well

If no street racing then no accident. You would think that might be what started it. Then it was the stupid spectators that got run over...Any way you look at the street racing started the motion to set it all up!!!!!
Old 02-17-2008, 05:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

I wasn't aware that people raced on the streets
Old 02-17-2008, 08:25 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by vette
If no street racing then no accident. You would think that might be what started it. Then it was the stupid spectators that got run over...Any way you look at the street racing started the motion to set it all up!!!!!
True, but thats just an easy scapegoat answer. The real problem here is people not driving safely with the conditions on the road.

Smoke on the road should make the driver drive cautious. Whether its smoke from tires or fog, u just need to pay attention. And if the driver didnt have the lights on, how the hell can u see anything?

If I see smoke im turning my hazards on and driving 15-25 mph (even on the damn interstate) and thats assuming I dont pull over and wait.
Old 02-17-2008, 08:46 PM
TECH Regular

So it's ok to stand in the middle of a dark hiway with thick smoke behind you as long as you're a spectator? Then the vehicles on the road are supposed to drive around you and if they don't they are the idiot? I don't even stay on the shoulder to change a flat with working hazard lights, I value my life. The hiway is no place to spectate anything. It's my opinion that even if the guy was stone drunk, with no lights, and doing 50 in reverse when he mowed them down that they are all still idiots for standing there.

Vernon
Old 02-17-2008, 09:41 PM
Launching!

i agree it's probably not a good idea to chill in the middle of the highway.

but shame on the crown vic driver for driving his dumb *** down the dark highway with no effing headlights. i would think that if his lights had been on, the spectators would have noticed him coming, which would have avoided the accident. also the crown vic driver shouldn't have been plowing through a thick cloud of smoke. retard.
Old 02-17-2008, 10:36 PM
TECH Resident

8 people killed? damn thats alot. so were all the people that died spectators? or did more people get thrown from the vehicles and end up on the ground
Old 02-18-2008, 06:50 AM
TECH Regular

BMXer the injured or killed were all spectators of the cars racing which were going at it when the Crown Vic came from behind the starting line and hit all those people. The actual racers and probably a lot of other people there took off when it happened. The car was the Crown Vic who wasn't even involved in the race, for some reason his dumb *** came crusing up without lights at 2-3 am and plowed into a crowd standing there watching the race play out. The driver wasn't hurt but his car was beat to hell by the bodies. I'm waiting to see if he was drunk or just stupid. I heard one report that a semi truck came along next and ran over a body before it was over but no word on if that person was already dead when the big truck ran him over.

Vernon