wanna make money

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 08:51 AM
10-Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quit telling people about the Houston market, we have enough carpet baggers & traffic here as it is! It's all a lie, Houston sucks, there are no jobs here, the houses are all flooded homes & have termites, please move to California. Thank you have a nice day.

...oh, and yeah, me & my friend are both shopping for houses right now
Old 02-22-2008, 09:34 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Grimlock1968
117 hours a week = dead life. I'd be glad to work 234 hrs (I know, no such hours in a week) for $5k a month!

just curious.. HOW THE FOCK DO YOU WORK 117 HOURS A WEEK?? what do you do seriously??
Old 02-22-2008, 09:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ex-SS-ve
some good words there Nick. you should watch the pursuit of happiness
im figuring out what i want to really do from here on out.
the pursuit of happiness reminds me of my life also. Best Movie ever!!!!
Old 02-22-2008, 09:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Just a FYI to those interested.

Company I work for is having a Job Fair today.

Jacobs Engineering
5995 Rogerdale Road
Houston, TX 77072

www.jacobs.com

Dust off your resume it runs from 1pm to 7pm

Last edited by 1INSANEGTO; 02-22-2008 at 10:20 AM.
Old 02-22-2008, 10:20 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 1INSANEGTO
Just a FYI to those interested.

Company I work for is having a Job Fair today.

Jacobs Engineering
5995 Rogerdale Road
Houston, TX 77072

www.jacobs.com

Dust off your resume I think it starts at 12pm or 1pm

You work for Jacobs hu? What do you think about them? I work for JV and we d alot of work for Jacobs. Alot of people here are complaining about the hours they work, but last year I worked about 3800 hours.

Needless to say sometimes I consider moving to something a little less stressful.
Old 02-22-2008, 10:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by lionelc-5
You work for Jacobs hu? What do you think about them? I work for JV and we d alot of work for Jacobs. Alot of people here are complaining about the hours they work, but last year I worked about 3800 hours.

Needless to say sometimes I consider moving to something a little less stressful.
Depends on what you do really.

I work a normal 6am to 4 or 5:30 Put in about 45-50hrs a week because I want too. But I also work in the corp office so feild might be different.

There is flex time in the corp office. 6:30-4pm 7-4:30pm and 7:30-5pm

Normal hrs are 6:30 to 4pm Mon thru Thurs and Friday is 6:30 to 11AM. Every friday is a half day. Let me know if you come they do have a $2500 referral fee we can split
Old 02-22-2008, 02:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Modsquad
I don't believe a word you just wrote, so here's to you Mr. One Up Story Teller. "Real men of genius".
Okay bud, lets play it out for ya.

E-trade financial- I was a Loan Officer in 2001 and I worked over 70 hours every week and I still was not the first in, last out.

2 jobs- I worked as an assistant to Dusty Simington at Salon Gregories during the day, Barbacked at night, and did online courses when I got home/on lunch breaks.

In Jr. High and Highschool I played NexusTK, which I sold 2 chars in the game for 3k each, then sold the gold I had for $15/mil. Sold an armor for $600.

After having my brother work at Nordstrom, he was the one who told me about buying old clothes from there and returning them for cash. I think I picked up at least 1500 a month from garage sales and used clothing stores.

Maybe this should help your foggy view that not everyone's life is a sham.
Old 02-22-2008, 05:25 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 1INSANEGTO
the pursuit of happiness reminds me of my life also. Best Movie ever!!!!
maybe close . but not exactly. i highly doubt youve been homeless and broke for any substantial amount of time. that right there is the lowest any man can go.
Old 02-22-2008, 09:18 PM
TECH Resident

Everyone that is lookin for a job can always come to West Texas! Oil field is BOOMING! Every house that is being built, is already bought! Contractor's can't keep up. There's jobs in the oil field right now where 19yr olds are makin $100k a year. New companies opening up everyday seems like. And as soon as they do, they are behind on work! Oil field won't last forever, but you can make some serious cash now, save it, and move back to your hometown. Me personally, I'm tired of it. To make that kind of money, you have to have no life at all. Which I did for about a year. Sometimes I was on a location for a month straight. Got married and decided to just get an "alright" job. Still make $70k+ a year, but I'm still putting in over 70hrs a week. That is considered good hours in the oil field right now! And it SUCKS! I'm wanting to get into finance. Like a finance guy at a dealership. They make about $80k+a yr around this area. Some make a bit more. But I'm just tired of the oil field. I've been in it for 6 years. I'm 25 now, and I think it's time I get into a job that I want to make a career. And if you are a real estate person, move to Midland! It's F'N crazy there!
Old 02-22-2008, 09:41 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by TX_SS
i hate my job and making 4-5g a month aint cutting it..

I'm having a hard time believing you are going to garner much sympathy from most people on this board. You are a young man, I'm guessing without a family yet. You don't know how much you have.

5k a month is a great salary. A lot of us here have busted *** to provide for families on way less than that. I suggest you look at your life and what you want to do. You have a great start and you seem like a smart kid, your hard work has paid off.

If you change careers, you will have to prove yourself all over again. Good luck to you in your new endeavours.
Old 02-26-2008, 10:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ex-SS-ve
maybe close . but not exactly. i highly doubt youve been homeless and broke for any substantial amount of time. that right there is the lowest any man can go.
I was on the streets at a young age but not quite like that. I came right from the trailer growing up on food stamps with a single mom who support use 3 kids. So I was close enough.
Old 02-26-2008, 10:30 AM
10-Second Club

Essentially, for those of us that pay taxes and work at regular salaried or hourly type places & don't have many or any write offs....you make the same bring home approximately as someone that has around a $75-80k annual income, there are lots of folks with bachelors that never see that much.
Old 02-26-2008, 10:58 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by BigPapi61
I'm having a hard time believing you are going to garner much sympathy from most people on this board. You are a young man, I'm guessing without a family yet. You don't know how much you have.

5k a month is a great salary. A lot of us here have busted *** to provide for families on way less than that. I suggest you look at your life and what you want to do. You have a great start and you seem like a smart kid, your hard work has paid off.

If you change careers, you will have to prove yourself all over again. Good luck to you in your new endeavours.
im just sick of my job.. i dont see a future in my career besides opening up my own sushi bar. i want something steady and has benefits.
Old 02-26-2008, 12:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Play the stock market... or learn to count cards and go to vegas.
Old 02-26-2008, 03:26 PM
TECH Regular

Just become a teacher. They make tons of money and work no hours at all.