Got a warning from a Texas State Trooper

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 10:44 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ChevyWeatherman
I'm pretty sure it had Texas plates on it...
Probably not then.
Old 03-05-2008, 10:51 AM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Dirty 30
I got a long way to go anyways 90 hrs college
My criminal justice experience of 3 years allows me to transfer over. It is a loop hole ya know.
Old 03-05-2008, 12:05 PM
Teching In

one time i was watching that tv show "Speeders" and there was a cop on there writing tickets left and right on people going 1-4mph over limit. funny stuff

Originally Posted by Dirty 30
Remind me to pull you guys over for going 1mph over when i become a trooper.
Old 03-05-2008, 12:27 PM
Teching In

If you guys have any questions about becoming a State Trooper, you could always ask a real one:

By the way, I am One......and I give alot of warnings out. Graduated the academy 2005.

P.S. - I am looking for a Pewter or Silver - SS or WS6 anybody have info on one? Just sold my Cobra last weekend.

I am new to this site, but more than willing to answer Texas Law Questions for anybody, just ask.

Later
Old 03-05-2008, 01:23 PM
TECH Addict

Working downtown one week, I was right next to a Houston cop when he was talking to a security guard about speeding on 45. The cop said, "You have to do 75 to keep from being run over on 45." I think the sensible cops give people leniency if they're going less than 10 over, I suppose. Sometimes, they just have to pull you over and give you a ticket if you're going absurdly fast.
Old 03-05-2008, 01:24 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by WstTexas
If you guys have any questions about becoming a State Trooper, you could always ask a real one:

By the way, I am One......and I give alot of warnings out. Graduated the academy 2005.

P.S. - I am looking for a Pewter or Silver - SS or WS6 anybody have info on one? Just sold my Cobra last weekend.

I am new to this site, but more than willing to answer Texas Law Questions for anybody, just ask.

Later
Welcome, man. You made the best decision of your life by wanting to go with an LS1.
Old 03-05-2008, 01:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by WstTexas

Later
Welcome to the site! Like shackleford said, you wont regret an LS1. I'll definantly be bugging you with questions later on
Hope u find the F-body you're looking for, just keep an eye on this site.
-Jesse
Old 03-05-2008, 01:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

I saw a Dallas PO driving a Lightning close to my house. Wish my truck was already running.
Old 03-05-2008, 01:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Mike96z
yea most cops will let you get about 11mph over, ******** will get you for even lower.
thats not true. if a cop told you that hes one of the most lenient. all the cops ive talked to say they will usually let someone go doing 7 over. the guy who pulled you over probably noticed it was a rental car and had nothing better to do.
Old 03-05-2008, 02:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i had a few cool cops pull me and a buddy over the other day in a cobra... 1 pulled us over then 2 more joined the party. It was kinda like Super troopers though because he left us sitting in the car talkin to his buddies for like20 minutes... then let us go after mentioning jail for reckless driving... then he said chevy's were better than fords yadda yadda yadda

Last edited by AGRV8D; 03-05-2008 at 02:25 PM.
Old 03-05-2008, 02:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have never really met a '*******' cop. Anytime i have been pulled over, i was nice and honest with them. And i get compliments on every f-body i drove, ive been pulled over for stupid stuff, but stupid or not, i broke the law in some form.
Old 03-05-2008, 06:40 PM
Launching!

I think I've only gotten like 4 tickets for doing any real speeding, the rest have been warnings.... lots of warnings lol, or equipment violations... because I refuse to put on my front license plate haha.

Of course for one of those times I was speeding, the cop pulled me over... had hand on gun... YELLED for me to turn my car off, keys on the roof and hands in the air several times. Then tried to see if I had stolen the car by verifying my VIN number... did all those tests to see if I was drunk or high (obviously wasnt)... searched my car.. ripped my back seat out... and searched my friend. And oh it gets better lol... he found a sesame seed on the floor of my car (like from a big mac at mcdonalds) and tried to tell me that it was a "marijuana seed" and that I should "watch who I have in my car because I'd be the one in trouble for it".... then said he was "going to be nice and JUST give me the ticket for speeding".... 65mph in 45 mph zone folks.

That story is too retarded to make up lol. I deserved the speeding ticket but apparently friends shouldn't let friends in their cars because they may be packing mcdonalds haha.
Old 03-05-2008, 07:07 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by LS1Transhed
I think I've only gotten like 4 tickets for doing any real speeding, the rest have been warnings.... lots of warnings lol, or equipment violations... because I refuse to put on my front license plate haha.

Of course for one of those times I was speeding, the cop pulled me over... had hand on gun... YELLED for me to turn my car off, keys on the roof and hands in the air several times. Then tried to see if I had stolen the car by verifying my VIN number... did all those tests to see if I was drunk or high (obviously wasnt)... searched my car.. ripped my back seat out... and searched my friend. And oh it gets better lol... he found a sesame seed on the floor of my car (like from a big mac at mcdonalds) and tried to tell me that it was a "marijuana seed" and that I should "watch who I have in my car because I'd be the one in trouble for it".... then said he was "going to be nice and JUST give me the ticket for speeding".... 65mph in 45 mph zone folks.

That story is too retarded to make up lol. I deserved the speeding ticket but apparently friends shouldn't let friends in their cars because they may be packing mcdonalds haha.
Man, I still have no clue as to why stuff like that happens, I had a city cop in Cleveland, TX turned my car inside out, I was speeding, didn't tell me why he wanted the search except for saying I was a "fit" in drug intervention. It was my dad and I's old game warden blazer, deer lease truck, clean to a t because it was summer, he said it was too clean after searching it. Then let me go. You gotta watch those city and county cops, I was wishing a trooper had lit me up, I may not have ever seen their warning pad before, but every time I was treated with respect.
Old 03-05-2008, 07:46 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Were you showing cleavage? LOL. Works for me everytime
Old 03-05-2008, 08:14 PM
Launching!

Im just glad that the car that was ripped up was my old 96' Firebird and not my 00' Trans Am that I have now lol
Old 03-05-2008, 08:25 PM
On The Tree

Ive ran into maybe 1 or 2 bad cops out of the 10 times ive been pulled over and i have gotten probly a total of 4 tickets in 6 yrs, as long as you give them respect they are cool but sometimes they have to do their job and give you a ticket. One time before i graduated, i had to go teach 3rd graders about bicycle helmet safety and was running late. i was going 80 in a 60 and the cop basically said he was sorry to write me a ticket but he only gave me one for 10 over in the end...i was hoping to get off because i had the bicycle helmet and other equip in the passenger seat and was dressed up but o well
Old 03-06-2008, 02:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

haha one of my friends got a TICKET for going 35mph in a 30mph(not a school zone either)
Old 03-06-2008, 06:11 AM
TECH Apprentice

At least he wasn't an ***. There are some pretty nice Troopers around. I got stopped by one back in 98 that was driving an LT1 B4C and we sat on the side of the road for 45 minutes just talking about cars. That guy was cool as hell.
Old 03-06-2008, 07:49 AM
Launching!

Back in '02 my neighbor got one assigned to him, an '02 LS1 B4C, he was so happy I don't think he wrote a ticket for a week.
Old 03-06-2008, 08:01 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ChevyWeatherman
Some of you may remember me posting about my (now ex) girlfriend getting a warning from a Texas State Trooper.

Well last Wednesday I did also. I was down there for work (I am from Chicago) with a rental car. It was on Texas Route 35 just south of Bay City. Comes up, says....clocked you 76 in a 70, any reason you were going so fast? I was like...no. So he sees that I am out of state and asks what I am doing. I tell him I am working on some weather monitoring equipment for a nuclear power plant that is being built in the area...so he proceeds to shoot the **** about it with me..then he's like oh let me go write you your warning. Comes back, I sign, and he's like "You fellas have a nice day." Didn't tell me to slow it down or to be careful..I was like wtf?

Anyhow, just figured you TX guys might like to hear this story, LOL.
That's funny. I work there and get pulled about once a year, and very rarely get a warning (although usually for going >80). Consider it luck.

Quick Reply: Got a warning from a Texas State Trooper