****still for sale nhra certified 7.5's roller-25.5 spec, in Houston****

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 06:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 02WSSICK
it does come with a windshield and a full interior. enough with the negative comments please.
Sorry. I'll shut up.
Old 03-10-2008, 06:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

You guys are plain stupid, thats a freakin crazy good deal on a car ready to roll out for any of the big cometition classes.
Old 03-10-2008, 06:48 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LS1vazquez
I mean, at least put a running drive train in the car and offer that and recoup your costs that way. Because from the outside looking in, all I see is a stripped out car with no windshield.
So like what, put a bone stock ls1 and an auto in it? Lol. This car needs a big inch nitrous or a turbo motor in it. This car is comparable to Wormboys car. Ask him how his roller is? What do you think a fair price is for this car? 5 grand 10 grand? Read throught some catalogs and ad up the price of the parts in this car. This is a screamin deal.
Old 03-10-2008, 07:05 AM
Launching!

thanks for all the kind words and to those who understand what it takes to build a good fundation for a race car, it took Bill Buck a little over 7 months to built the car plus the 2 month wait to get in line.
thanks.
cesar.
Old 03-10-2008, 07:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Cam72aro
So like what, put a bone stock ls1 and an auto in it? Lol. This car needs a big inch nitrous or a turbo motor in it. This car is comparable to Wormboys car. Ask him how his roller is? What do you think a fair price is for this car? 5 grand 10 grand? Read throught some catalogs and ad up the price of the parts in this car. This is a screamin deal.
All I'm saying is that as it sits right there, that car is going to a hard sell smoking deal or not.

Your average joe isn't going to shell out 19,000 for a shell that's going to need 30K+ worth of money to reach it's full potential.

I don't think there are too many guys out there trying to build 7.5 NHRA racers on a budget either.

It seems to me that as far as selling it is concerned, the car is in some automotive limbo. It's too much for the budget crowd and it might not be enough for the all out crowd.

Now as far as price is concerned, I think you could probably part the car out and sell the components separately and easily recoupe 10K, then kick the shell out for another 3K if you wanted.

I'm not being negative. I think these are legitimate points and questions that should be asked.
Old 03-10-2008, 07:35 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 02WSSICK
thanks for all the kind words and to those who understand what it takes to build a good fundation for a race car, it took Bill Buck a little over 7 months to built the car plus the 2 month wait to get in line.
thanks.
cesar.
Your welcome man. I built a 8 second s10 a few years back and had alot tied up in it. I did all the work myself including cage, backhalf, paint, engine building, etc. I took a loss when I got rid of it and I know you will be taking a big loss letting this one go. Someone that has never done it just doesnt know. My truck wasnt near the scale that this car is but I know what its like to build something and the money involved. And the other guy is right the average budget Joe isnt going to buy this, but there are alot of big money non- average Joes on here and can dish it out. He also showed that he is not one of those guys, and neither am I, but you cant sell something if you dont put it out there.
Old 03-10-2008, 07:38 AM
Launching!

All I'm saying is that as it sits right there, that car is going to a hard sell smoking deal or not.

Your average joe isn't going to shell out 19,000 for a shell that's going to need 30K+ worth of money to reach it's full potential.

I don't think there are too many guys out there trying to build 7.5 NHRA racers on a budget either.

It seems to me that as far as selling it is concerned, the car is in some automotive limbo. It's too much for the budget crowd and it might not be enough for the all out crowd.

Now as far as price is concerned, I think you could probably part the car out and sell the components separately and easily recoupe 10K, then kick the shell out for another 3K if you wanted.

I'm not being negative. I think these are legitimate points and questions that should be asked.
Mr. Vazquez, again, i appreciate your input on MY CAR. kick the shell out for another 3k? i dont want to be a dick, but it is not a bolt on cage, i have over 10k on cage work for the "shell". im not going to convince you and im not trying to. please stay out of it. thanks.
cesar.
Old 03-10-2008, 07:41 AM
TECH Resident

Sorry. I'll shut up.
you really have no idea what ur talking about! You just have shown us all how you know little to nothing about sanctioned racing.

ttt for a good deal!
Old 03-11-2008, 10:12 AM
Launching!

Up....^^
Old 03-11-2008, 10:50 AM
TECH Resident

There is no reason to wire the car until someone know what set up they are going to put in the car. Hey LS1Vasquez have you ever built a car like that? You will deffinetly be looking at a year plus to get it done and at least 30 grand. You will sink a lot of money into all of the little details like brakes, Rear end etc. Looks like a nice car that some one will be getting a good deal on. Post that thing on racingjunk.com there will be some guys over there that know what it costs to build a car.
Old 03-11-2008, 12:30 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by bigfatls6
There is no reason to wire the car until someone know what set up they are going to put in the car. Hey LS1Vasquez have you ever built a car like that? You will deffinetly be looking at a year plus to get it done and at least 30 grand. You will sink a lot of money into all of the little details like brakes, Rear end etc. Looks like a nice car that some one will be getting a good deal on. Post that thing on racingjunk.com there will be some guys over there that know what it costs to build a car.
it is on racingjunk.com, thanks
Old 03-11-2008, 12:41 PM
8 Second Club

Received 93 Likes on 74 Posts

Not too sound like a noob here, but I don't get it.

Your asking 19 thousand wing ***** for a stripped out car that has no engine or transmission?

+ Primer on the fender?

Some posts are just priceless.
Old 03-11-2008, 01:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

That's a helluva a deal. If you all don't know what your looking at with a car of this caliber don't post up retarded ****. Your not gonna buy this car to turn it into a street car. This is for some individual or team that doesn't have time to wait for a shop to put a new car together. No wait time and a great price. Good luck man.
Old 03-11-2008, 02:01 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by DopeFedZ
That's a helluva a deal. If you all don't know what your looking at with a car of this caliber don't post up retarded ****. Your not gonna buy this car to turn it into a street car. This is for some individual or team that doesn't have time to wait for a shop to put a new car together. No wait time and a great price. Good luck man.
thanks for kind words, i think is a killer deal, i hope somebody gets this puppy of my hands. its been taking a lot of room around the shop.
Old 03-11-2008, 02:10 PM
10-Second Club

Sorry. I'll shut up.
Please do, just because you can't see it, doesn't mean anything other than you should learn more about racing & the costs/work involved to do it safely/legally before you sound off with your opinion.

BLAH BLAH......

BLAH BLAH.....

You should have shut up like you said you would, lol. First off, your average Joe isn't going to be buying this roller to start with The motor/tranny setup that would likely go into this car would probably be in excess of $30-40k with fuel system & everything turn key and that's probably being conservative.

Most people with money do 1 of 2 things, they either build it from the ground up, or they are more thrifty with their money & actively look for people that are getting out of a project that is started & not finished because they know they can save money. Just because you think the majority of 'Joe's' won't want this doesn't matter, he only needs 1 buyer, this is LS1Tech, it's made for an LSx, so it's a legit post, nuff said.

Bump for you & good luck with the sale. I want to see this car going down the track
Old 03-11-2008, 02:38 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Modsquad

Bump for you & good luck with the sale. I want to see this car going down the track
thanks man.
Old 03-11-2008, 03:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

You are making yourself look like an idiot. You are right, not the average joe is looking for something like this, but I am pretty sure the seller didn't put it up on this board for average joe to come find it. This is a car performace forum where people that are looking for a chassis like that are. 19k for a roller like that is a smokin deal anyway you look at it. I am sure just the parts in that car, not including labor, was close to 19k. You should stop trashing this guys thread.

On a lighter note, thats a bad *** set up and good luck on the sale.
Old 03-11-2008, 03:34 PM
Banned

It sounds like a pretty good deal to me for someone in the market for a 7.50 roller. Its not uncommon for people to have 100k (including engine) wrapped up into these things. I'd jump on it if I had the money (and the space to put it).
Old 03-11-2008, 03:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You know what? You people need to seriously slow your god damn roll and start untwisting your panties and get the sand out of your vagina's.

All I asked was why the car was worth that much, and so far nobody has answered my question other then a couple of collective good ol' boy hollers of"Well, thats a high tuned performance race chassis, why wouldn't it be worth that much?"

Sorry for asking a simple question, but if you guys don't want random people asking about it, then maybe the car shouldn't be posted on a public forum. Maybe it should have been circulated instead in a subscribed newsletter instead with all the "in the know peers."

Yes, I don't know that much about sanctioned racing, but I think you guys are out of line for jumping on my **** the way you are. From a outside, unbiased viewpoint, I'm just seeing a empty shell with a couple of go fast goodies and and intricate cage.

If the cars such a smoking *** deal, why hasn't it been sold yet?

Last edited by LS1vazquez; 03-11-2008 at 04:08 PM.
Old 03-11-2008, 04:02 PM
TECH Resident

STOP POSTING IN THIS THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so sick of reading you try and justify your ignorance!!You have no idea!! Just leave it at that!!

Drive thru!

You know what? You people need to seriously slow your god damn roll and start untwisting your panties and get the sand out of your vagina's.

All I asked was why the car was worth that much, and so far nobody has answered my question other then a couple of collective good ol' boy hollers of"Well, thats a high tuned performance race chassis, why wouldn't it be worth that much?"

Sorry for asking a simple question, but if you don't want random people asking about it, then maybe you shouldn't post this on a public forum. Circulate it in a subscribed newsletter instead with all your "in the know peers."

Yes, I don't know that much about sanctioned racing, but I think you guys are out of line for jumping on my **** the way you are. From a outside, unbiased viewpoint, I'm just seeing a empty shell with a couple of go fast goodies and and intricate cage.

If the cars such a smoking *** deal, why hasn't it been sold yet?

Last edited by sr71bbjr; 03-11-2008 at 04:11 PM.

Quick Reply: ****still for sale nhra certified 7.5's roller-25.5 spec, in Houston****