Lambo Gallardo, GOT HIM... 2 times out of 3

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2008 | 09:51 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
I can assure you that the driver of the $180K car didn't go home and start looking on Autotrader for old LS1 Camaros. You don't buy a Lambo because you think it is the fastest car on the road. Good kill regardless, it is a rare opportunity to see an exotic car, much less finding one that will play. I've walked quite a few in my various f-bodies, but I never actually felt that the drivers of those cars were jealous in any way of my $20K cars.
Im glad someone understands
Old 03-15-2008 | 11:00 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Originally Posted by quickblade
The orange'ish guy will not play.. He stares straight ahead all the time as if his **** does not stink...
Maybe he just finds you f-cking annoying and is trying to ignore your racer-boy behavior? Kind of like when I've got some kid in a Honda Civic DX with a fartcan revving his shitbox next to me? They aren't worth my time, and they surely aren't worth visiting jail for if I get caught. Did you ever stop to think that not everyone enjoys racing their cars on the street? Just because they don't race you, or they choose to ignore you, that doesn't make them a snob.
Old 03-15-2008 | 11:01 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by hardtop ss
Im glad someone understands
I fully understand that..
having a lambo is great.
I would get one if I had the chance... I just dont have that benefit of being able to afford 1.
Old 03-15-2008 | 11:05 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
Maybe he just finds you f-cking annoying and is trying to ignore your racer-boy behavior? Kind of like when I've got some kid in a Honda Civic DX with a fartcan revving his shitbox next to me? They aren't worth my time, and they surely aren't worth visiting jail for if I get caught. Did you ever stop to think that not everyone enjoys racing their cars on the street? Just because they don't race you, or they choose to ignore you, that doesn't make them a snob.
sounds great and all..
Because I had the chance to race a lambo, that makes bad..
NOPE, because anyone who gets a chance to run a lambo is going to take that chance...

Plus this guy ignores everyone.. When I usually see the orange 1 I am in the
pontiac g6, not my car... I only seen this guy once in my car, and he still stared straight ahead...
You can look at the guy, who wears goldish sun glasses...
and know he thinks he is too good....

Spot them kind of people a mile away.

and I dont pull up revving, since my car is quiet... thanks alot.
Old 03-15-2008 | 11:26 AM
TECH Resident

Sounds like a fun time. It is awesome to run into an exotic that is willing to play.

I pulled up beside a Ford GT on the Toll one day and he just stared straight ahead like you say. I was just gonna give him a but he wouldn't even look over.

True car guys will give respect to each other no matter what they are driving. One just happens to be able to afford a much pricier ride. As long as you are both having fun it does not really matter. I ran a 360 Modena once from a slow roll to around 90 and neither one of us could pull on the other. At the next light I told him it was great to get to run a Ferrari and he said that I had a fast car. Cool guy. That is how it should be.
Old 03-15-2008 | 12:01 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Arctic2002ss
True car guys will give respect to each other no matter what they are driving. One just happens to be able to afford a much pricier ride. As long as you are both having fun it does not really matter. I ran a 360 Modena once from a slow roll to around 90 and neither one of us could pull on the other. At the next light I told him it was great to get to run a Ferrari and he said that I had a fast car. Cool guy. That is how it should be.
i need to be more like that
Old 03-15-2008 | 12:02 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Arctic2002ss
Sounds like a fun time. It is awesome to run into an exotic that is willing to play.

I pulled up beside a Ford GT on the Toll one day and he just stared straight ahead like you say. I was just gonna give him a but he wouldn't even look over.

roger...
that is how the guy last night was... after last run, he even slowed way down to say, nice... they were cool guys. I think he wanted to go again, but the wife and other friends were at the house waiting for us...
so we didnt want to run 20 miles away from the house...
Old 03-15-2008 | 08:19 PM
BP
TECH Enthusiast

Wanna rent it?

http://www.dfweliteautorental.com/ca...ghini-gallardo

Ron (guy that owns the rental place and all of the exotics) was driving it for a week or so before it joined the fleet. Definitely a badass ride and probably their most requested car. I've driven the 06 convertible one
Old 03-15-2008 | 08:32 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Modsquad
More like $180,000ish for that car. Now go find some curvy mountain roads & see who wins

Still a satisfying kill all the same, good times.
lol wheres sam strano at.

good race Ira congrats on the kill.
Old 03-15-2008 | 08:34 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by BP
Wanna rent it?

http://www.dfweliteautorental.com/ca...ghini-gallardo

Ron (guy that owns the rental place and all of the exotics) was driving it for a week or so before it joined the fleet. Definitely a badass ride and probably their most requested car. I've driven the 06 convertible one
ahhh... I see why I pulled him... Even though they are 520HP, they are only 370 ft.lbs for the torque.
Nice, so on my 100 shot I produce around 380 ftlbs, so that means on the 125 and 150 I am putting some nice torque down..

that is why everyone keeps telling me to get a new rear end...
LOL

they are great looking cars. I have been looking at the old style contach.
dam great looking car. would love to have one... not bad price at 80,000.
Old 03-15-2008 | 08:39 PM
Launching!

God, I wish my LT1 could beat a LAMBO. Someday maybe...someday.
Old 03-15-2008 | 11:34 PM
LS7 Member

edit:

:sigh: nevermind...
Old 03-16-2008 | 11:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

He was probably a little preturbed, but he is still driving a lambo. Not really sure the performance level of the Galardo. A Marcilargo on the other hand is a beast. Not really my style but nice. Pickup and a fast car is all I need.

But, way to show him what an f-body can do.
Old 03-16-2008 | 11:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Sweet.

-Ricky Bobby
Old 03-16-2008 | 12:00 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by RickyMartinZ28
Sweet.

-Ricky Bobby
S and B!!
Old 03-16-2008 | 02:26 PM
TECH Regular

I've always looked at Lambos as being less than Ferraris when it comes to road track performance. Either one is nice. If I had the money, I would definitely buy a Z06/ZR1.. haha
Old 03-16-2008 | 08:20 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by adillhoff
I've always looked at Lambos as being less than Ferraris when it comes to road track performance. Either one is nice. If I had the money, I would definitely buy a Z06/ZR1.. haha
And we have a WINNER!!!!!!!
Old 03-18-2008 | 03:36 PM
12 Second Club

Good kill, you have to remember that there are some cool people in this board that are friendly and some guys that you can smell from far away. You can probably tell by the way they post, they want to make everyone feel like they are nobodies in here. I say if you got it then floss it, if you dont have it then floss what makes you proud. There is no need for the rich guys on this board to start throwing their lil remarks here and there. We might need to do a "Rich" board for the guys that think their to good to read a good kill like this! Its my opinion and thats all it is, take it however you all want too. If this doesn't fit your shoe than no one will respond to my post! If it does, take your head out your *** and defend yourself so we can see who you'll are.
Old 03-18-2008 | 03:41 PM
Launching!

ls1 ... gotta love it!

thats no joke ^
Old 03-18-2008 | 03:54 PM
10-Second Club

Originally Posted by EDALVA21
Good kill, you have to remember that there are some cool people in this board that are friendly and some guys that you can smell from far away. You can probably tell by the way they post, they want to make everyone feel like they are nobodies in here. I say if you got it then floss it, if you dont have it then floss what makes you proud. There is no need for the rich guys on this board to start throwing their lil remarks here and there. We might need to do a "Rich" board for the guys that think their to good to read a good kill like this! Its my opinion and thats all it is, take it however you all want too. If this doesn't fit your shoe than no one will respond to my post! If it does, take your head out your *** and defend yourself so we can see who you'll are.
LOL, I'm not rich, but that post was retarded.

What some people are basically saying is, just because you beat em straight line, doesn't mean the cars can be compared apples to apples. Yep, I think it's great to get a run in with an exotic....but I won't be all butt hurt if someone doesn't want to run, you never know the other person's situation, maybe he doesn't or can't risk getting busted or maybe he was in a bad wreck from street racing in the past or some other random reason that you have no clue about....maybe it's not the drivers car & he has enough respect not to dog out the car.....maybe he doesn't need to race on the street because he can afford the high priced race days at the road course & does his racing there.....

I love F-bodies & LS1 cars, and although they have great performance, there are a **** ton of cars out there that are way better when it comes to fit & finish, so just because some of you young bucks are broke nuts & can barely afford to live the F-body dream doesn't mean it's the best thing since sliced bread.

Now, they probably are some of the best 'bang for buck' performance cars you can get, hands down. Hell, that's why I got one, my broke *** couldn't afford a Z06 back then...nor can I afford a new Z06 now.....if you love cars you shouldn't hate on the people that can afford the ones most of the rest of us dream of owning.