I just got backed up into.

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 01:08 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default I just got backed up into.

I was pulling into an apartment complex and there was a car at the keypad, a truck and then me. Next thing you know I see reverse lights and the truck runs into me. I start yelling and cussing like expected and we get out of our cars. The guy offers to trade insurance so he goes to his truck and comes back 5 minutes later with all his "info" written on a piece of torn off paper. He says it's his info but I asked to see his actual insurance card. He says he doesn't have it, but he had it written down in his car. He told me he had State Farm (which I have) but his policy number was only 8 digits long and only numbers. I pulled mine out and my policy number was 13 digits long and made of numbers and letters. I asked him about it and he froze for a minute and said, "that's all mine is..."

Obviously at this point I'm skeptical so I ask for his DL#, so he pulls it out and reads it to me. I'm still weary so I ask to double check it. At which point he gets mad and throws his DL on the hood of my car. I checked it and he changed the last number from a 4 to a 3. He then told me he was delivering pizza and if I didn't have anything else to ask he was gonna leave. I told him he could go cause I had his DL#.

So he leaves and I call the cops. They show up, run his DL# and the cop tells me that he lied about his address. The last number was really a 9 instead of an 8 (like he told me).

Longer story short, the cop said it's private property, it wasn't a hit and run cause he gave me info (whether it was real or not) and I would have to report it to my insurance and hopefully they can find him.

But if they can't find his insurance then I get to pay the deductable and that mother ****** got off scotch free cause he's a low life *** hole who can't afford insurance with his pizza tips cause he's too busy putting 20" rims on his piece of **** truck.
Old 03-16-2008, 01:23 AM
Teching In

I feel ya, same basic thing happened to me in my old Firebird. Do you remember what pizza place he worked at?
Old 03-16-2008, 01:34 AM
TECH Addict

report that **** to the insurance asap. give em all the guys info and theyll nail his ***. they take those guys to court. they are getting their money back one way or another. and you have proof.
Old 03-16-2008, 01:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

After he threw his DL on your hood i would have decked his *** but i hope you can find him goodluck
Old 03-16-2008, 02:02 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by JoeKnowsBaseball
I was pulling into an apartment complex and there was a car at the keypad, a truck and then me. Next thing you know I see reverse lights and the truck runs into me. I start yelling and cussing like expected and we get out of our cars. The guy offers to trade insurance so he goes to his truck and comes back 5 minutes later with all his "info" written on a piece of torn off paper. He says it's his info but I asked to see his actual insurance card. He says he doesn't have it, but he had it written down in his car. He told me he had State Farm (which I have) but his policy number was only 8 digits long and only numbers. I pulled mine out and my policy number was 13 digits long and made of numbers and letters. I asked him about it and he froze for a minute and said, "that's all mine is..."

Obviously at this point I'm skeptical so I ask for his DL#, so he pulls it out and reads it to me. I'm still weary so I ask to double check it. At which point he gets mad and throws his DL on the hood of my car. I checked it and he changed the last number from a 4 to a 3. He then told me he was delivering pizza and if I didn't have anything else to ask he was gonna leave. I told him he could go cause I had his DL#.

So he leaves and I call the cops. They show up, run his DL# and the cop tells me that he lied about his address. The last number was really a 9 instead of an 8 (like he told me).

Longer story short, the cop said it's private property, it wasn't a hit and run cause he gave me info (whether it was real or not) and I would have to report it to my insurance and hopefully they can find him.

But if they can't find his insurance then I get to pay the deductable and that mother ****** got off scotch free cause he's a low life *** hole who can't afford insurance with his pizza tips cause he's too busy putting 20" rims on his piece of **** truck.
Damn alex I wish I was there I would of kick his *** after he lied to you
you've had some bad luck the past couple of days, that sucks.
Old 03-16-2008, 02:35 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

should of thrown the DL back at that fool
Old 03-16-2008, 02:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Sucks but I'm sure you will be the one to foot the bill.
Old 03-16-2008, 03:45 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if he was really delivering pizza and did that HAHA you can get his bitchass fired because he was on there insurance
Old 03-16-2008, 08:13 AM
Launching!

DAMN!! I probably would have whooped that ***!! That sux....too busy looking down at the radio to notice anything around him. Good Luck with that man.
Old 03-16-2008, 09:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

If he hit you while he was on the job, claim it on the pizza companies insurance!

99 FRC
Old 03-16-2008, 10:05 AM
Launching!

Am I the only one that feels mad just by reading this? I just felt like this just happened to me or something.
Old 03-16-2008, 10:56 AM
Staging Lane

Hey Alex you we're probably parked to close to his rear bumper I say you track his truck down and get even It would make me feel better.
Old 03-16-2008, 02:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

i wouldve killed someone.
Old 03-16-2008, 07:59 PM
Launching!

yeah after it happened i wanted to jump out of my car and beat his ***. i was in front of my friend's apartment complex and there was a party so i could have easily brought out like 10 more guys.

it was late last night when it happened and i worked all day today but i'm going to the insurance company tomorrow morning to report it. i have his home address and i'm so tempted to go **** with his ****.

after going out to look at it in the sunlight i found more stuff he did that i didn't notice last night. he actually backed all the way up from the top of the grill to the edge of the hood and chipped the paint on the hood.

i'm glad he didn't have a trailor hitch tho...
Old 03-16-2008, 08:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

that sucks
Old 03-16-2008, 08:09 PM
Staging Lane

what's up went to denton today You missed some cool racing.
Old 03-16-2008, 08:21 PM
Ginger Hater

sucks to hear alex....did you happen to get his plate number?
Old 03-16-2008, 08:30 PM
Launching!

got his plates, correct address and DL# so that's enough to find him.

and Trojan don't you know i'm not at UNT anymore? i'm down in Ft. Worth.
Old 03-16-2008, 08:40 PM
Staging Lane

why did u let him leave and then call the cops?????
Old 03-16-2008, 09:48 PM
TECH Resident

yeah after it happened i wanted to jump out of my car and beat his ***. i was in front of my friend's apartment complex and there was a party so i could have easily brought out like 10 more guys.

it was late last night when it happened and i worked all day today but i'm going to the insurance company tomorrow morning to report it. i have his home address and i'm so tempted to go **** with his ****.

after going out to look at it in the sunlight i found more stuff he did that i didn't notice last night. he actually backed all the way up from the top of the grill to the edge of the hood and chipped the paint on the hood.

i'm glad he didn't have a trailor hitch tho...
sucks to hear man,