MTI no longer does F-bodies?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2008 | 01:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
It is a business, and this is a business decision. If you owned a business, and had the option to make work more efficient and profitable for yourself, would you turn away the opportunity to do so? They simply do not have the staff to handle ALL cars. How do you think the Mustang and ricers felt when MTI wouldn't work on their cars, ever?

In a perfect world, a shop has the time and capability to work on everything. This isn't a perfect world. If you have the luxury of picking your customer base and keeping the doors open, then you have a highly successful business.
i understand the business aspect of it. they go where the money "is." but last time i checked an ls1 is an ls1 whether its under the hood of a vette, camaro, or transam. so to say they only wanna work on high end cars tells me they sold out on the customer basis that kept them in business for the last 10 years.

ps i understand they do work on other cars besides ls motors
Old 03-20-2008 | 01:59 PM
10-Second Club

Actually an LS7 isn't an LS1 Because I'd much rather have one of those in my TA than the LS1. So obviously you DON'T "understand the business aspect of it" at all. Just because they are similar doesn't make them the same.
Old 03-20-2008 | 02:10 PM
Launching!

so can i just get some headers installed? like for real, i only had one wreck in it and i totalllly replaced all the panels so it looks new on the outside, the wheel wells kinda rub but i can afford the tires bc i work at billys used tire. I bought the headers off ls1tech, can you sandblast the rust off of them? thanks guys get back to me on this one

wise business choice, sad but true you have to cater to where the money is or else you go out of business
Old 03-20-2008 | 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by 96ta
i understand the business aspect of it. they go where the money "is." but last time i checked an ls1 is an ls1 whether its under the hood of a vette, camaro, or transam. so to say they only wanna work on high end cars tells me they sold out on the customer basis that kept them in business for the last 10 years.

ps i understand they do work on other cars besides ls motors

Its the plat forms their in rather than the motor, F-bodies fair a lot worse then Vettes do, the owners are a lot younger and don't care much for their car other than it runs hard, hence you get so many whored out cars. The LS1 F-cars didn't keep them in business either, through the 90s they were one of the best LT1 shops period, they turned out the nastiest Impala SS, C4s and yes F-cars through a period of about 7 or 8 years, keep in mind they have been around since 94. They also at one point worked on fox body Mustangs. It's business not charity, they stick to what makes money and is most efficient. You dont last 14 years in this kinda business unless you have a plan and know what your doing.
Old 03-20-2008 | 04:53 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
It is a business, and this is a business decision. If you owned a business, and had the option to make work more efficient and profitable for yourself, would you turn away the opportunity to do so? They simply do not have the staff to handle ALL cars. How do you think the Mustang and ricers felt when MTI wouldn't work on their cars, ever?

In a perfect world, a shop has the time and capability to work on everything. This isn't a perfect world. If you have the luxury of picking your customer base and keeping the doors open, then you have a highly successful business.

You guys gotta think about it in a bottom line sense. Its great to love what you do, but at the end of the day, you work to earn a living. I am a weldor/fabricator and dont do pipe fences, pole bars, gates, or anything else residential. Not because I dont like it, but we make alot more money do only commercial work.

Brandon
Old 03-20-2008 | 06:01 PM
TECH Pimp

WTF!!!

I just called and they no longer do Mustangs!!!! or other related crap boxes..

THIS IS BULLSHIT!!
Old 03-20-2008 | 07:08 PM
((((((Administrator))))))
20 Year Member

Originally Posted by _Zac
WTF!!!

I just called and they no longer do Mustangs!!!! or other related crap boxes..

THIS IS BULLSHIT!!

Quick Reply: MTI no longer does F-bodies?