How much is the ticket?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 11:21 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How much is the ticket?

anyone know how much an unsafe lane change ticket is and how much it affects your insurance? just wondering if its worth trying to taking a defensive driving class. Cop was really far behind me told me i cut a car off and was trying to race the mustang in front of me lol i was following someone i knew not trying to race and did not cut the car off i even used my blinker and everything .

What sucks is it was a camaro cop car , guy was just pissed cause i actually own the car he only gets to drive at work lol

Last edited by kw's01z28; 03-30-2008 at 11:44 PM.
Old 03-30-2008, 11:31 PM
Launching!

Is it the same thing as "Fail to signal lane change"? I'm sure that the price of violations are different in every county. Here it's $138. Plus you still have to pay $108 court fees. I just received a speeding ticket not too long ago and have to take defensive driving. When I got the speeding ticket, I also received a paper with every violtion you can possibly think of and also the fee of the fine.
Old 03-31-2008, 06:52 AM
Launching!

Save yourself time and hassle, just take defensive driving online. No rude window tellers, snooty people to sit with in class, dont have to pay for parking, dont have to worry bout wasting the gas to get there and you do it in the comfort of your own computer.
Old 03-31-2008, 07:43 AM
12 Second Club

Save yourself even more hassle, and let a traffic lawyer take care of it..
You wont have to waste your time with defensive driving, and it stays off your record...

Just FYI..
The Insurance company "could" still find out you took defensive driving..
Old 03-31-2008, 08:33 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ThunderZ28
Save yourself even more hassle, and let a traffic lawyer take care of it..
You wont have to waste your time with defensive driving, and it stays off your record...

Just FYI..
The Insurance company "could" still find out you took defensive driving..
Not to undercut you, but usually you pay a traffic lawyer, he goes and does the exact thing you do by asking to see if one is available for defensive driving. Going this way, he still has to do to court, wait for roll call (1 1/2 hrs maybe if your in Houston), the lawyer confers with the district attorney, your attorney comes back to you and tells you they will let it go with defensive driving, court costs ($10 usually), you wait another half an hour, you get called up to the person that is on one side of the judge to get you to sign papers, you leave to go to the counter (another half an hour) and wait in line behind a mininum of 15 people if your lucky, leave, pay for parking ($5 to $10 dollars). Oh, this is usually after you pay $100 to $200 for the lawer to take your case when he could do the exact thing himself and not pay a leech....I mean lawyer.

In this case he could fax a copy of his insurance to the court house along with payment (I think they take visa/mc now) pay their "take defensive driving" fee, pay a $30 to $40 defensive driving fee online in the comfort of being in front of his computer and be done with.

Insurance companies can always find when you last took defensivie driving, accidents etc because they have those computers in front of them as well.

Hope this helps you all and sorry if it's a little long. I just wished I realized this YEARS! ago.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/western-members/776950-get-ticket.html <===== or he could do this.

Last edited by Grimlock; 03-31-2008 at 09:05 AM.
Old 03-31-2008, 01:32 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Grimlock1968
Not to undercut you, but usually you pay a traffic lawyer, he goes and does the exact thing you do by asking to see if one is available for defensive driving. Going this way, he still has to do to court, wait for roll call (1 1/2 hrs maybe if your in Houston), the lawyer confers with the district attorney, your attorney comes back to you and tells you they will let it go with defensive driving, court costs ($10 usually), you wait another half an hour, you get called up to the person that is on one side of the judge to get you to sign papers, you leave to go to the counter (another half an hour) and wait in line behind a mininum of 15 people if your lucky, leave, pay for parking ($5 to $10 dollars). Oh, this is usually after you pay $100 to $200 for the lawer to take your case when he could do the exact thing himself and not pay a leech....I mean lawyer.

In this case he could fax a copy of his insurance to the court house along with payment (I think they take visa/mc now) pay their "take defensive driving" fee, pay a $30 to $40 defensive driving fee online in the comfort of being in front of his computer and be done with.

Insurance companies can always find when you last took defensivie driving, accidents etc because they have those computers in front of them as well.

Hope this helps you all and sorry if it's a little long. I just wished I realized this YEARS! ago.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=776950 <===== or he could do this.
what lawyer are you using???
I never go to court..
dont have to waste my time waiting for the judge, clerks or DA.
I pay a flat fee..
Yes it is significantly more than paying for a defensive driving course.
But my lawyer doesnt get me for defensive driving either..
I get deferred.
I dont have to miss a day of work, nor do I have to waste my time taking a defensive driving course that will bore you to tears..
I pay, and dont worry about it..
He sends me a letter letting me know that I am on probation for X amount of days and thats it.
done...

now I am out $200 (that includes court costs, and paying the lawyer)
and thats it..
Insurance has no way of knowing I got a ticket..
or that I just took DD.

It's understandable for someone that doesnt have the money to take DD..

A lawyer is just less of a headache to me..
Old 03-31-2008, 02:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ThunderZ28
what lawyer are you using???
I never go to court..
Don't get a ticket in Houston, traffic lawyers are useless now.
Old 03-31-2008, 03:17 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by white man
Don't get a ticket in Houston, traffic lawyers are useless now.
I agree. My lawyer did the same damn thing I could have done by picking up the phone and requesting deferred and dd. Now I am out $300 for court cost and $150 for the lawyer.
Old 04-01-2008, 08:01 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by O6DODGE
I agree. My lawyer did the same damn thing I could have done by picking up the phone and requesting deferred and dd. Now I am out $300 for court cost and $150 for the lawyer.
You hit that nail on the head. I cry crocodile tears everytime I think of the over 10 times I went to court in my life and "hired" a traffic lawyer till I finally figured out " I dun need no stinking lawyer". (Imagine the money I could have saved {insert v8 commercial smack on head slogan here }).
Old 04-02-2008, 06:23 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Grimlock1968
You hit that nail on the head. I cry crocodile tears everytime I think of the over 10 times I went to court in my life and "hired" a traffic lawyer till I finally figured out " I dun need no stinking lawyer". (Imagine the money I could have saved {insert v8 commercial smack on head slogan here }).
hmmmm. spend 200 on a lawyer,,
or miss over $500 because I missed a day of work...( cause you know they are going to set up the court date on the week I am on shift )
you do the math..
I am paying for a lawyer.
now..
if it's cheaper for you to miss a day of work, and spend part of your day in court..
I understand... I was there at one time...
but it's a little hard for me to talk my self into blowing over $500, because I wanted to go up to the court house for a day..

Court costs = Minimum $10
Defensive Driving = Minimum $45
Missing a day of work = $624

thats a total of $679 I just paid for going to court...
Old 04-02-2008, 12:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

paid day off, most likely 2-3 hours off.
Old 04-03-2008, 07:01 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man, you guys must have the hookup with these traffic lawyers prices. I got a Drag Racing/Failure to display license Ticket combo. My lawyer is chargin $500 alone...i better get those charges dropped in court next month for $500 bucks..LOL
Old 04-03-2008, 08:06 PM
12 Second Club

In response to the title, is it not written on the back of the ticket? If not, call the office listed and ask

Quick Reply: How much is the ticket?