Need Help with English paper. (thesis)

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 04:14 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

he now just told me to prove all my statements with evidence from reliable sources before i can even begin my outline. or even type my paper.
Old 04-17-2008, 04:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by bmxer8699
he now just told me to prove all my statements with evidence from reliable sources before i can even begin my outline. or even type my paper.
that's what you're supposed to do

You start a research paper with research bro!
Old 04-17-2008, 06:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Do a little digging on the federally funded healthcare for the tribes. Thats our nation's socialized medicine in action and it isn't pretty.

I lived in the heart of the Western Cherokee nation for several years. I'd rather pay than go to their hospital. Not that they'd take a paleface like me eventhough I am part Cherokee. I just don't have the card.
Old 04-17-2008, 07:12 PM
TECH Resident

show him the thread lol.
Old 04-17-2008, 07:51 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 2 SLOW
that's what you're supposed to do

You start a research paper with research bro!
hahaha yeah. now time to find "reputable" sources. If i can talk to a doctor, does that count as a source?
Old 04-17-2008, 07:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

hahaha yeah. now time to find "reputable" sources. If i can talk to a doctor, does that count as a source?
your schools library website should have access to some online databases where you can find plenty of papers, articles and studies on this topic
Old 04-17-2008, 08:24 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by dshag
http://www.balancedpolitics.org/univ...ealth_care.htm
I work in health care and i would hate to see Universal health care it would be a disaster, when people have incentives to push for a better life then they try harder, all this will do is encourage slackers. Anyone in an emergency situation gets seen at my hospital anyone who comes to the ER is seen and treated and released wether legal or illegal its sad if you ask me and just encourages illegal immigration
X2 I work at Memorial Hermann in the Med Center and it has been causing us problems financially. It is sad that people have to wait up to 8 hours sometimes in our ER.
Old 04-17-2008, 08:29 PM
Launching!

the US spends more per capita on health care than any other country already, it seems like things couldn't be worse than what they are

taxes in America aren't even that high yet, raise them and have more reasonable health care costs for everyone
Do you really want the people that run the DMV or DPS to be over your Dr. office. I think not. Also, just because our taxes are lower than other countries doesn't mean I want to join them. What kind of argument is that. We are the greatest country in the world for more than one reason. Free healthcare would just bring us down another notch IMO. There is a reason why France has moved away from electing far left leaders and have recently elected Nicholas Sarkosy (spelling?) who is very conservative. It is because France has already been down the path we are leading ourselves down and they have learned from their mistakes and finaly heading back in the right direction.
Old 04-17-2008, 08:32 PM
TECH Resident

^lol if a wait at the dmv is 2 hours.. then an ER wait will be at least 10
Old 04-17-2008, 08:35 PM
Launching!

Your professor is obviously liberal which most are. Did he have a source for taxes going down with this healthcare plan. Yeah didn't think so. Don't be afraid to tactfully ask these questions. It is college and you can't get in trouble for asking questions as long as you do it the correct way. There should be plenty of research on this like 2 Slow said. Just get on the internet. Sounds like a fairly easy paper to write. Shouldn't take you long. How many pages does it have to be?
Old 04-17-2008, 08:36 PM
Launching!

^lol if a wait at the dmv is 2 hours.. then an ER wait will be at least 10
In some cases it can be 10 at the 2 hospitals I have worked at. Also, talk to a war vet that goes to the Vet hospitals. They can tell you how good Gov't run healthcare is.
Old 04-17-2008, 08:46 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by FastB
Your professor is obviously liberal which most are. Did he have a source for taxes going down with this healthcare plan. Yeah didn't think so. Don't be afraid to tactfully ask these questions. It is college and you can't get in trouble for asking questions as long as you do it the correct way. There should be plenty of research on this like 2 Slow said. Just get on the internet. Sounds like a fairly easy paper to write. Shouldn't take you long. How many pages does it have to be?
10 pages total, but the first page is the title page, and the last page is the citation page.
Old 04-17-2008, 08:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by FastB
Do you really want the people that run the DMV or DPS to be over your Dr. office. I think not. Also, just because our taxes are lower than other countries doesn't mean I want to join them. What kind of argument is that. We are the greatest country in the world for more than one reason. Free healthcare would just bring us down another notch IMO. There is a reason why France has moved away from electing far left leaders and have recently elected Nicholas Sarkosy (spelling?) who is very conservative. It is because France has already been down the path we are leading ourselves down and they have learned from their mistakes and finaly heading back in the right direction.

America is a joke.

Have you ever been to Europe?
Old 04-17-2008, 08:54 PM
TECH Resident

i think the obese people will put a strain on the system, same with illegal immigrants.
Old 04-17-2008, 09:53 PM
Launching!

i think the obese people will put a strain on the system, same with illegal immigrants.

Not just obese people, people that have unhealthy life styles. Smokers, people who do drugs and share needles, people who stick their manhood in another man's exit hole and contract diseases. The gov't will not be able to regulate healthcare like private insurance companies can because the insurance companies can deny coverage based on your lifestyle. Do you see the gov't telling people they can't be obese and smoke? There will be no cost control and will just keep growing because like someone said before it will encourage more laziness. Kinda like what welfare has done for the country so far. It will help in turning out generations of lazy people that are dependent on the gov't which is what the Dems want because those are generally the kind of people that get them elected into office. History shows that more gov't and taxation is not good for a country. This country was originally designed to have small gov't. Hince the checks and balance system we have with the House and Senate. Even if Hilary or Obama are elected it will be very difficult for them to actually get Univ. healthcare started, especially if we can keep at least 60 Republican seats in the House. 2 Slow I have not been to Europe yet, but I will be going in August. I have however spoken to several people from Europe and have been told of the distaster of Univ. healthcare. I don't think Ameria sucks. I am a patriot first, conservative second and republican third. Are you planning on moving to Europe? I think the only other country I would be willing to live in would be Australia. I think they have a lot going well for themselves.
Old 04-17-2008, 10:08 PM
TECH Addict

Received 112 Likes on 87 Posts

the US spends more per capita on health care than any other country already, it seems like things couldn't be worse than what they are

taxes in America aren't even that high yet, raise them and have more reasonable health care costs for everyone
ROFL, why don't you pay more in this year then. Pay more in than required since raising taxes is such a good idea. Tell you what, just send half of what you make, that'll put us on the low end of the Euro spectrum. Guess what? Someone's gotta pay for this...government has no money, they have out money! Top 10% pay 90% of the taxes. Guess who creates the jobs?? What is government really good at?
Old 04-17-2008, 10:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You go to UTA man?
I think I remeber you saying you do.

What class is this for?

Sorry I hate my school cause I pay 4K in tuition to just go to class and be preached to about politics no matter what class im in. The other day I got a 30 minute speech on why hilary was the best canidate and it was pretty much just because she was a women he professor know nothing about her platform besides national health care and even then she didnt know the basis of the plan just the bullshit everyone heres on TV.

Another professor asked why "you conservatives" disputed that humans are causing global warming. Im seriously considering dropping out cause this **** really were on me. Ill go an automotive school and open a speed shop or something.
Old 04-17-2008, 10:39 PM
On The Tree

the hospital i work at provides healthcare to people for free and uses people who can afford it to help cover costs, wealso get donations, and tax money...many hospitals will settle for significantly less amounts of money when possible, For example you have a 100k icu stay and theres no way in hell you canafford it cause you dont have insurance, what the hosp usually does is have you pay 2k and write the rest off on taxes rather then having you pay 100 bucks a month for the rest of your life or something