Need Help with English paper. (thesis)

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 01:27 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need Help with English paper. (thesis)

I have to do a 10 page paper about the cons of Universal health care.

i did my thesis statement making 4 points of why it isnt a good idea to go with a national health care plan.

1) It will raise taxes
2)you cannot choose what doctor you want to see
3)there will be a longer wait time to see a doctor and have a surgery due to shortages of services
4)and you can be denied medical treatment if your prognosis is poor

my teacher crossed everything except the first one and told me those are bad ones and all sound the same..

im out of ideas on what else to make a thesis statement out of, and i need 3 more points.

what i need from you all is 3 more points to my thesis about the cons of a universal health care plan.

any ideas would be appreciated, im kinda drawing a blank on other things to talk about.

-ramsey
Old 04-17-2008, 01:31 PM
Launching!

universal health care is bad, bc the population is growing too rapidly and we need to kill off some of the poor
Old 04-17-2008, 01:41 PM
TECH Resident

i dont get your sig pic..

on another note. i dont think hell like that idea
Old 04-17-2008, 01:47 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by bmxer8699
I have to do a 10 page paper about the cons of Universal health care.

i did my thesis statement making 4 points of why it isnt a good idea to go with a national health care plan.

1) It will raise taxes
2)you cannot choose what doctor you want to see
3)there will be a longer wait time to see a doctor and have a surgery due to shortages of services
4)and you can be denied medical treatment if your prognosis is poor

my teacher crossed everything except the first one and told me those are bad ones and all sound the same..

im out of ideas on what else to make a thesis statement out of, and i need 3 more points.

what i need from you all is 3 more points to my thesis about the cons of a universal health care plan.

any ideas would be appreciated, im kinda drawing a blank on other things to talk about.

-ramsey
You can be denied treatment because of your age. (Could go along with your prognosis one though.

There is no cost control because the gov't will not tell people they cannot be overweight or they cannot smoke like a private insurance company can.

If I think of more I'll let you know.
Old 04-17-2008, 01:48 PM
TECH Resident

^ thank you. i have an hour or so to think of another one. i hope he doesnt reject yours. they are good imo
Old 04-17-2008, 01:52 PM
On The Tree

a national healthcare plan will cause more discrimination about elderly, smokers, etc.. among doctors
Old 04-17-2008, 01:53 PM
TECH Regular

Our population is just flat out too big. Americas population alone (I know there are many more factors here) on UH would drain national funds so quick it wouldnt be funny. You could take a country with UH (Canada since they are right above us, and their dollar is closer to ours) and try to find out how much $ per person it costs their govt and use that # to estimate the cost per person here. You could even argue it would cost more since we are a country that likes to be fat.
Old 04-17-2008, 02:01 PM
Teching In

All points have been good, but honestly, I don't see how your teacher can reject your points if you can back them up with proof, and make a good arguement with it.
Old 04-17-2008, 02:03 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Tex7387
All points have been good, but honestly, I don't see how your teacher can reject your points if you can back them up with proof, and make a good arguement with it.

X2
Old 04-17-2008, 02:47 PM
On The Tree

http://www.balancedpolitics.org/univ...ealth_care.htm
I work in health care and i would hate to see Universal health care it would be a disaster, when people have incentives to push for a better life then they try harder, all this will do is encourage slackers. Anyone in an emergency situation gets seen at my hospital anyone who comes to the ER is seen and treated and released wether legal or illegal its sad if you ask me and just encourages illegal immigration

Last edited by dshag; 04-17-2008 at 02:52 PM.
Old 04-17-2008, 03:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

it would be much easier to write a paper on the benefits of going with a national health care plan
Old 04-17-2008, 03:09 PM
Launching!

i'm always at the end of the line....basically haha

and how about the fact that you couldn't control incentives because being healthy wouldn't matter because healthcare is free
Old 04-17-2008, 03:12 PM
TECH Resident

I dont have a choice on which way i write my paper :/

very good points everyone, im in class now and will see what he has to say.
Old 04-17-2008, 03:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by bmxer8699
I dont have a choice on which way i write my paper :/

very good points everyone, im in class now and will see what he has to say.
oh that sucks. if i wasn't so busy at work i'd give you some pointers. i'm prob the only person on tech who enjoys research papers
Old 04-17-2008, 03:23 PM
TECH Resident

^awesome dude, i hate writing research papers. especially about a subject im not familiar with. any help later is appreciated, the paper is due on the 29th.
Old 04-17-2008, 03:25 PM
TECH Addict

Received 112 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by 2 SLOW
oh that sucks. if i wasn't so busy at work i'd give you some pointers. i'm prob the only person on tech who enjoys research papers
How can you estimate the costs accurately with a growing population and an UNMEASURABLE illegal population that cannot be denied care?

How do you pay an unmeasurable cost with an unknown growth rate? Taxes is but one sub-issue...

Why is it government's responsibility to provide everyone health care? Especially illegals?

How good/efficient is government at anything else? The only things government are waging war and paying taxes.

Do you really want an unelected bureaucrat determining the type of healtcare you and your family receive?

I could go on...
Old 04-17-2008, 03:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by jmilz28
How can you estimate the costs accurately with a growing population and an UNMEASURABLE illegal population that cannot be denied care?

How do you pay an unmeasurable cost with an unknown growth rate? Taxes is but one sub-issue...

Why is it government's responsibility to provide everyone health care? Especially illegals?

How good/efficient is government at anything else? The only things government are waging war and paying taxes.

Do you really want an unelected bureaucrat determining the type of healtcare you and your family receive?

I could go on...

the US spends more per capita on health care than any other country already, it seems like things couldn't be worse than what they are

taxes in America aren't even that high yet, raise them and have more reasonable health care costs for everyone
Old 04-17-2008, 04:02 PM
TECH Resident

the doctors have set work loads mandated by the government on how many patients they can see.
Old 04-17-2008, 04:05 PM
On The Tree

i cant stress enough how horrible an idea universal healthcare is. It will only benefit the people who cant afford insurance. Cause increased taxes for the majority of the people. Natural selection has gotten us where we are thus far, why change it now lol jk...I see both sides where people want to help one another but why help someone whoe doesnt help themselves. Ive had patients tell me they will not take the medication they are supposed to when they are at home, i would estimate at least 50% of patients have told me this...the people that universal health care is designed to help would not work simply because a majority of those people are more concerned with getting drunk/high and spending their money on other things...this is just my opinion and im sure ppl will disagree with me

ill give an example ive taken care of patients that come in with DKA (diabetic KetoAcidosis) basically your blood sugar is way to high...if they checked their blood sugar like they are supposed to and taken insulin then they wouldnt be in the situation...

America needs to make stricter harsher laws involving even emergency healthcare because all the laws now protect people who are illegally here. Its sad and i know people will be pissed about this next fact but ive heard of a person getting put on probation at work because a cop overheard a nurse say a blood alcohol level, Because of HIPPA regulations healthcare workers cant report anything to law officials unless the patient wants us too or they have a warrant or whatever that legally requires us to devulge information...its rediculous...sorry for rant

Last edited by dshag; 04-17-2008 at 04:16 PM.
Old 04-17-2008, 04:13 PM
TECH Resident

showed my professor 8 thesis statements just now, and he still had complaints about some of them.. especially about the taxes one, he told me taxes would go down with a national health care plan!!!! wtf is he smoking, i would like some of it.