Bull shit speeding ticket.

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 01:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dshag
ive never heard of having to to defensive driving and deffered...i always do defensive driving first and then if i get another ticket do deffered judication...

I dont know how old you are but you cant do DD in texas anymore if youre under 25 for a ticket. Or deffered, **** I cant remember.
Old 04-22-2008, 06:09 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Josh McGrath
I dont know how old you are but you cant do DD in texas anymore if youre under 25 for a ticket. Or deffered, **** I cant remember.
Can you cite where you got this information? First I'm hearing of it.
Old 04-22-2008, 09:45 AM
On The Tree

yes PC is probable cause which is the next step up from reasonable suspicion...which means u have to be able to give some solid facts other than just a gut feeling
Old 04-22-2008, 12:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I was told to do what i had to do, and i still had to pay 350 for the first ticket. Im getting the screws put to me just to get it off my record and now some bull **** pos cop comes along and says hahaha **** you.
Old 04-22-2008, 01:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Josh McGrath
Its under 21 for both IIRC. Im trying to get onto texasonline and I cant so I cant confirm it. I did DD last Sept and I was 23 at the time and I could do DD or deffered, which ever I wanted.

Yea doing deffered when you have a DD available is kind of foolish if you ask me because as you have found out now instead of having to use your deffered you are getting two tickets at once. Sorry bout the bad luck!
Old 04-22-2008, 01:52 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by enigmah
It was required that i take defensive driving for the deffered, and funny thing is i did defensive driving that day and was done with it. Hilarious ehh?
That's freakin ridiculous. You should have never had to take both. It's either one or the other. I always pick Deferred. I just know that whatever city or county I have probation in, I do not speed whatsoever. You're getting screwed by Barney Fife and Andy Griffith on this one man. Sorry to hear it, and good luck.
Old 04-22-2008, 05:14 PM
TECH Addict

Um...I know of 16 year olds taking defensive driving. There is no age limit on either. As long as you have not succeeded 15mph over the speed limit and have not taken the class already once that year for a ticket dismissal, then you can take the class and get the ticket dismissed as well as having the insurance discount.
Old 04-22-2008, 09:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

I think the new age limit thing just went in to effect this year. There is only an age limit for dismissing a ticket with deferred only. I've experienced this in 2 diff courts Seabrook and Pearland. They told me I couldnt take deferred BY ITSELF because I wasnt 25. In order to take deferred you have to also take a DD course. Thats how they get you........they will let you take deferred but you have to pay for a DD class as well. MY lawyer explained it to me my last court date. That **** changed for me last week tho...........I just turned 25!!! HAHAHA!!!
Old 04-22-2008, 09:36 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 306 That Could
I think the new age limit thing just went in to effect this year. There is only an age limit for dismissing a ticket with deferred only. I've experienced this in 2 diff courts Seabrook and Pearland. They told me I couldnt take deferred BY ITSELF because I wasnt 25. In order to take deferred you have to also take a DD course. Thats how they get you........they will let you take deferred but you have to pay for a DD class as well. MY lawyer explained it to me my last court date. That **** changed for me last week tho...........I just turned 25!!! HAHAHA!!!
Deferred adjudication and defensive driving courses are two different things. The deferred adjudication is if there is enough reasonable doubt/error on the police officers behalf for the Judge to throw out the ticket. Defensive driving, if the option is available to you, dismisses your ticket by basically saying you know what you did wrong and this is how you will serve your punishment. If you take the defensive driving, the insurance company doesn't know about the ticket, and you get a discount on your insurance rates. Deferred adjudication, they just don't ever find out about it.
Age has NOTHING to do with either.
Old 04-22-2008, 11:07 PM
On The Tree

It depends on the laws in the particular city where you get your ticket, i had a friend get one in a small town where they wouldnt let you take defensive driving so he had to do deferred, and deferred doesnt have anything to do with reasonable doubt, you basically promise not to get another ticket in X amount of time and you still end up paying about the same as the ticket would cost in fees. The ticket just doesnt go on your record unless you get another ticket within the forestated time period. If you do then both tickets go on your record and you have to pay for both of them. Different counties/cities have different laws regarding time periods and wether it just pertains to tickets in their county or state wide...i know this because i got a ticket did defensive driving, got another ticket in about 9 months and had to do deferred. Ended up getting another ticket 10months down the road and hired a lawyer to postpone the ticket for 2 months till after my deferred was past and took defensive driving again...frisco sucks when it comes to deferred laws

Last edited by dshag; 04-22-2008 at 11:13 PM.
Old 04-23-2008, 12:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Look man (sarge)I dont know how old you are but thats what the judge in both countys AND my lawyer told me!!! Times change and so do laws......I dont have time to find it in writing so if you dont believe me ask someone else...
Old 04-23-2008, 03:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ok I lied..........I did find time to find something that says what the F*** im talking about.......here it is copied and pasted from this website ( http://www.townofpantego.com/index.asp?NID=15 )from some town in Texas. I typed some **** in google and it was the first one to pop up.

"If you received a citation and are under the age of 25 and wish to request deferred adjudication, State law now mandates that any defendant under the age of 25 who requests deferred adjudication must also complete a driver’s safety course as a provision of their deferred. In addition, any defendant under the age of 25 who also holds a provisional driver’s license must also complete an exam given by the Texas Department of Public Safety. "

I guess age DOES have something to do with deferred
Old 04-23-2008, 04:39 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 306 That Could
Ok I lied..........I did find time to find something that says what the F*** im talking about.......here it is copied and pasted from this website ( http://www.townofpantego.com/index.asp?NID=15 )from some town in Texas. I typed some **** in google and it was the first one to pop up.

"If you received a citation and are under the age of 25 and wish to request deferred adjudication, State law now mandates that any defendant under the age of 25 who requests deferred adjudication must also complete a driver’s safety course as a provision of their deferred. In addition, any defendant under the age of 25 who also holds a provisional driver’s license must also complete an exam given by the Texas Department of Public Safety. "

I guess age DOES have something to do with deferred
I'm 28 FWIW.

Hmm this is the first I've ever heard of this. Good to know
Old 04-23-2008, 09:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yea, the deffered thing just started in jan 1st I think. I didnt know about it till I spent all ******* day in court in Euless.

Pantego is a town near me and they are supposodely dicks to everyone cause its a small town. Both Dalworthington gardens and Pantego are in the middle of Arlington and shouldnt be there in the first place. I mean they are SURROUNDED by Arlington and make money from Arlington folks!!!!!
Old 04-23-2008, 10:13 PM
TECH Addict

Small town cops ftmfl.
Old 04-23-2008, 10:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I guess the reason i had to do both for one ticket is becase i was doing 57 in a 30, 25+ mph over speedlimit "limit"

edit- on a side note...

Theres nowere on the ticket that says what he used to get my "speed" i was going.. no radar no visial nothing.
Old 04-23-2008, 11:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by enigmah
I guess the reason i had to do both for one ticket is becase i was doing 57 in a 30, 25+ mph over speedlimit "limit"

edit- on a side note...

Theres nowere on the ticket that says what he used to get my "speed" i was going.. no radar no visial nothing.

He might have not pressed down hard enough on the citation to get the carbon copy. try to fight it. Or at least talk to a lawyer. (sorry if I missed a post if you did)
Old 04-24-2008, 02:03 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Sarge_13
Um...I know of 16 year olds taking defensive driving. There is no age limit on either. As long as you have not succeeded 15mph over the speed limit and have not taken the class already once that year for a ticket dismissal, then you can take the class and get the ticket dismissed as well as having the insurance discount.
don't know if that was a typo, but you cannot take defensive driving if you've gone more than 25mph over the posted limit, not 15....meaning that you can go 24mph faster than the posted limit and still be eligible for DD, assuming that you meet the rest of the requirements as well. and that is texas state law, so it's the same everywhere in tx, not dependent on individual city/county laws.

other requirements that i can remember right off the top of my head:

1) can't have taken DD in the same city within the last year
2) must not have been within a school zone or construction zone

there may be more, but those 3 (including the 25+ mph over the limit one) are the ones that i'm absolutely positive on.....
Old 04-24-2008, 08:03 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 02Z28LS1
don't know if that was a typo, but you cannot take defensive driving if you've gone more than 25mph over the posted limit, not 15....meaning that you can go 24mph faster than the posted limit and still be eligible for DD, assuming that you meet the rest of the requirements as well. and that is texas state law, so it's the same everywhere in tx, not dependent on individual city/county laws.

other requirements that i can remember right off the top of my head:

1) can't have taken DD in the same city within the last year
2) must not have been within a school zone or construction zone

there may be more, but those 3 (including the 25+ mph over the limit one) are the ones that i'm absolutely positive on.....
Sorry yes I meant 25 but typed 15 for some reason.
Old 04-24-2008, 08:38 AM
On The Tree

sounds like personal experience on tht one Sarge lol

Quick Reply: Bull shit speeding ticket.