Bull shit speeding ticket.

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 12:21 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Bull **** speeding ticket.

Story:

Driving down a back katy road to avoid I-10 shutdown traffic. We go over the resivour and down some back roads by the airport. The whole time we are doing this ( Me in black TA, Friend in White TA, Another friend in Silver Z28 ) we do under the speed limit ( 30 ) just cruising so we dont get in trouble or look suspicious. So, if you live in katy you know how gay cops can be back there. So were driving down the road we pass like 3 or 4 cops along the way cruising and the White TA breaks off from the group to drop by his GF's house to pick up some stuff, silver z28 keeps going and i pull up behind the white TA in turn lane and he calls and says no follow the Z28 so from a 5 mph roll i drop it into first and take off rather fast. I take it to about 5 grand to catch up to the Z28 and having a cutout/performance exhaust on my car ( fairly loud ) a COP comes out of nowere and throws his lights on. So im like what the **** what did i do besides take off a little fast. So i throw haz/warning lights on and pull over.

He says that, i was speeding he first said i was doing 40 - 50 and then he said i was doing 51 in a 30. After he says that he immedietly gets on the radio to call other officers in the area to look for the "white ta and white Z28" ( note he got the color of the z28 wrong ) becase they were going WAY faster then me even though the white ta turned off and the z28 was just ahead becase he didnt get in the turn lane. The z28 later told me he had 3 cops follow him for a fiew blocks i guess they were looking for a WHITE one. He didnt get pulled over. So im sitting in the car and he asks me to step out and he puts me into handcuffs right away and searches me and says hes afraid im a danger to him and they come off just as easy as they went to and puts me into the back of his car. He then searches my car ( he asked ) and finds nothing. So i get out of the back of his car he takes he handcuffs off and then the white TA pulls around the corner ( cammin its *** off btw ) and the cop flags for him to pull over. He writes me a ticket for 51 in a 30 and i faild to use my "blinker" when DUH my haz/warnings are on.

He tells me to pull ahead and walks to the white ta and starts telling them about how he seen us speeding and racing together.

So, im prity damn sure im going to fight this ticket becase it was total bull ****. My car is completly stock exept for lid/exhaust.

Is there any way you guys think i can prove to them in any way that my car CANNOT go over 51 in first gear? I didnt even take it to 6,200 and i was alredy slowing down when i seen his lights, im for sure that i didnt go into second gear.

Sorry for the wall of text, im really upset and im on 90 day probation for another bull **** call speeding ticket that i took deferred adjudication for. Thats over on may 5'th btw.
Old 04-21-2008, 12:34 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hire a lawyer tell them at the very least the lawyer can delay it until after may 5th....i had to have one delayed one time. does the ticket say radar or what. If it says radar thats rediculous and you can always say its a false reading and make sure they have done all the req maintanance like calibrating/recalibration and all that crap other then that im not sure
Old 04-21-2008, 12:39 AM
TECH Resident

get a lawyer asap. im sure the will dismiss it
Old 04-21-2008, 12:53 AM
TECH Apprentice

Another side note, i do have a radar detector and it did NOT go off. ( same thing happend on the first ticket for probation )
Old 04-21-2008, 02:01 AM
TECH Regular

I know the area you're talking about.

Was is Katy police? They're complete and utter douche bags. They're the only police that hassle me. No problems with HPD. One followed me down Pin Oak as I was heading to the mall. He follows me just short of the mall parking lot and pulls me over. Asks me why I was 'trying to lose him', calls 2 other cruisers there for back up and then proceeds to search my car for 30 minutes, pop the hood, open my airbox (nearly broke the clips), finger my dash through the whole where my asr switch used to be (unplugging my fog lights in the process), and open all my cd cases. Then he writes me a ticket for no front liscence plate (seeing as he was behind me the whole time that's obviously not why I was pulled over).

Just a case of small town police making revenue for the city.
Old 04-21-2008, 06:57 AM
On The Tree

i ****** hate the katy police they are always ******* around with kids and its annoying...all they are doing is over using their power and its bullshit...everytime i got pulled over by one of them (my car or my friends) We always get searched no matter what they are ******* gay ! **** the police! /end rant
Old 04-21-2008, 08:23 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by camAro242
i ****** hate the katy police they are always ******* around with kids and its annoying...all they are doing is over using their power and its bullshit...everytime i got pulled over by one of them (my car or my friends) We always get searched no matter what they are ******* gay ! **** the police! /end rant
Thats why you do not give them permission to search your car. If they search it without your permission and without search warrant you can press charges.
Old 04-21-2008, 09:24 AM
10-Second Club

For some reason I thought once they put the handcuffs on you, they had to arrest & process you. I'd be interested in hearing more about if that is true or not. I'd file a complaint against him as well with his department.
Old 04-21-2008, 09:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by enigmah
Story:

Is there any way you guys think i can prove to them in any way that my car CANNOT go over 51 in first gear?
Yes, but it woill be harder to prove that you were actually in 1st and not 2nd. Either way, get a lawyer, he will make it go away, but only after you pay him about 500 bucks.
Old 04-21-2008, 10:20 AM
On The Tree

handcuffs r fot your safety as well as the officers, the old way was once there on they dont come off till the jail house...... never give permission to search... if they really have pc tell them to get a warrant and remind them of the reasonable time for a traffic stop, they can only detain u for so long on a traffic stop without pc to search or whatever there thinking about doing... also Kubash is a good traffic lawyer remember u r probably going to get aticket anyway so giving permission to search WONT get u out of anything..... and yes im 21 years retired LEO
Old 04-21-2008, 10:27 AM
TECH Apprentice

Anybody recommend any Lawyers, and thanks for all the help btw guys. Yes it was katy police and it happend right by the police station. Also, on a side note it doesnt say anything about him using radar on me.
Old 04-21-2008, 11:01 AM
On The Tree

then in the box on the ticket it should say visual speed or whatever, theres usually a box thats checked depending on how they decided you were speeding...radar, pacing, or visual...if its visual you should be able to get it thrown out pretty easily
Old 04-21-2008, 11:48 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by dshag
hire a lawyer tell them at the very least the lawyer can delay it until after may 5th....i had to have one delayed one time. does the ticket say radar or what. If it says radar thats rediculous and you can always say its a false reading and make sure they have done all the req maintanance like calibrating/recalibration and all that crap other then that im not sure
that only works if it a +/- 5mph difference
Old 04-21-2008, 12:09 PM
On The Tree

kubosh,.... go to houston perf driving forum u can find the number from guys over there
Old 04-21-2008, 12:23 PM
Teching In

dam that sucks kyle hope u get out of it clean, all i got to say is dirty ****** pigs
Old 04-21-2008, 05:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

Haha yeah, thanks guys... ill see what i can do and let you guys know how it all goes down my dates on the 28'th of may so we shal see... Sup adam hows that 408, i havnt seen u out in awyle lol.. or adleast you havnt replyd to texts haha.
Old 04-21-2008, 07:38 PM
TECH Addict

Received 112 Likes on 87 Posts

w-w-w-dot-d-a-v-i-d-s-p-r-e-c-h-e-r-dot-com

Since links aren't allowed...

This guys rocks, pay your money.
Old 04-21-2008, 07:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

bad choice for letting him search your car. Sure, YOU didnt and dont do anything wrong, but what if a dumbass friend dropped a joint out of his pocket?

You were getting picked on, pure and simple. Too many cops, too little justice.
Old 04-21-2008, 08:03 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Josh McGrath
bad choice for letting him search your car. Sure, YOU didnt and dont do anything wrong, but what if a dumbass friend dropped a joint out of his pocket?

You were getting picked on, pure and simple. Too many cops, too little justice.
BUT, he didn't. What's your point?
OP- I feel your pain. I live in a small town outside San Antonio and go through the exact same thing every now and then.
I had a cop pull me over in the Cobra (was shiftin around 4200 could start hearin the whine) and said I had an illegal item on my engine
I told him that it came from the factory with a supercharger he looked at me like I was speaking some other language...he still gave me a ticket for 2MPH OVER!
**** small town cops with nothing better to do.
Old 04-21-2008, 08:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Lol illegal item on engine thats hilarious.. cops these days... And for the search thing i have nothing to hide i dont do drugs nor do most of my friends and if they do have them/do them i wont let them ride with me. I have heard alot of stuff about them planting **** in cars though.

Quick Reply: Bull shit speeding ticket.