since you guys liked the dual tips on the 2jz camaro so much..

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 11:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
Don't be so ignorant, there are several of us who are younger than "baby-boomer" age that are into 1st gens and are willing to spend what it takes to build them. Nothing is keeping you from dumping money into a worthless 4th gen moneypit, you could just as easily buy a $10-20K 1st gen project and do the same thing. The only difference is that you'd get 100% of your money back when you sell it, if you build it right and tasteful.
Tony,

Just because you are a statistical anomaly as far as finances is concerned doesn't mean you can justify how expensive these cars are. These cars have gone beyond practicality and have gone into the realm of high dollar ***** extensions where people can talk about them while zipping around on their yachts and smoking 20 dollar Cubans and swapping wives.

Since when has the Muscle Car been a trademark of the upper crust lifestyle?
Old 04-22-2008, 11:50 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
Don't be so ignorant, there are several of us who are younger than "baby-boomer" age that are into 1st gens and are willing to spend what it takes to build them. Nothing is keeping you from dumping money into a worthless 4th gen moneypit, you could just as easily buy a $10-20K 1st gen project and do the same thing. The only difference is that you'd get 100% of your money back when you sell it, if you build it right and tasteful.

good post Tony..im going to copy my reply from the other thread..

the difference between successful people and other people is that they do things that are smart...i'm fortunate to have some good successful friends to learn from..

MrT was smart to have a car built for him that will get him money when he is ready to sell it..

Me, on the other hand was dumb and just wanted to go very fast..i spent alot of money on my swap too..but i put it a nissan 240!!!!! yeah the car looks clean and is very fast...but i cant get **** for it when im ready to sell
Old 04-22-2008, 11:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Sometimes I feel like I'm in the twilight zone on this forum.
Old 04-22-2008, 11:54 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree that cars like this will hold their value much better than almost anything else automotive related, but it is a fact that cars like this and Barrett Jackson are the reason that everybody wants $5k for a rusted out VIN plate out of a 69 camaro.

Not saying that it is a bad thing, it just makes it harder for normal people that don't want to do a mega $$$ build to justify dropping $25K into a light resto job just to cruise aroun on Sunday in.
Old 04-22-2008, 11:58 AM
TECH Junkie

Man people amaze me, The car is sick as fck.... but it wouldn't be a thread with out HATERS

Hater :
A person who feels anger and/or jealousy for someone who has succeeded in something they have worked hard for.
A being who speaks badly,and/or takes negative actions in attempt to create problems for a successful person.

B
Old 04-22-2008, 11:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

That camaro that you swapped might have the highest price fabric, stitch, etc. in it.. but it's still ugly as ****. I mean wtf were you guys thinking with the "waterfall console".. I'll admit it's not the worst though. The door panels look like straight

But to each his own... if you're satisfied with it then it's fine.
Old 04-22-2008, 12:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I happen to like the 2JZ Camaro with the interior. It actually looks different then the usual slew of 1st Gens.
Old 04-22-2008, 12:21 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1vazquez
Tony,

Just because you are a statistical anomaly as far as finances is concerned doesn't mean you can justify how expensive these cars are. These cars have gone beyond practicality and have gone into the realm of high dollar ***** extensions where people can talk about them while zipping around on their yachts and smoking 20 dollar Cubans and swapping wives.

Since when has the Muscle Car been a trademark of the upper crust lifestyle?
They are only expensive if you have zero skill and cannot build them yourself. Sure, you can buy your way into any car, but then it costs money. Supply vs demand, simple economics. If you have the tools and skills, you can build your own "$100K" 1st gen Camaro for much less, probably $65-75K in parts. Just because these cars are old, that doesn't make the modern parts we install any cheaper. If you can do without the "gotta have" name brand stuff, you can do them MUCH cheaper and still have a killer car.

I documented the build on my previous '69, here are the prices of stuff:
https://ls1tech.com/69Camaro/Code/Project69costs.pdf

I've seen guys spend more than that on 4th gens and C5 Corvettes....and only get $25K for them when they sold them. Been there, done that myself. Screw doing it again!
Old 04-22-2008, 10:00 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by newton
Makes me want to find a MKIV Supra and stick a LSx engine in.
Why would you want to make a MKIV supra slow?
Old 04-23-2008, 02:18 PM
On The Tree

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

I can assure people that even if you dont like the way the tips look, they are FAR from autozone qualitly. If you held one of them in your hands and looked at the welds and felt the quality of it, I think even that may change your mind on them. To each his own though, everyone has a right to their own opinion, thats what makes this America lol.
Old 04-23-2008, 02:20 PM
TECH Pimp

Originally Posted by gadfly
Why would you want to make a MKIV supra slow?
You say that as if stock supra motors were fast. It costs a lot to go fast in anything, might as well have what you want in it.

Quick Reply: since you guys liked the dual tips on the 2jz camaro so much..