rules on tinted or smoke lens on front and tail lights?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 10:05 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rules on tinted or smoke lens on front and tail lights?

What are the rules on tinting or buying smoke lenses on the front are rear lights in tx?
Old 04-22-2008, 10:27 PM
12 Second Club

BY LAW, you cant have anything covering them or "obstructing" the light's path/viewing.... blah blah blah. DO IT.
Old 04-22-2008, 10:33 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by kornfreak_401
BY LAW, you cant have anything covering them or "obstructing" the light's path/viewing.... blah blah blah. DO IT.

blah blah blah. DO IT
Old 04-22-2008, 10:41 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

depends how lucky you are, if you have a history of being pulled over dont do it
Old 04-22-2008, 10:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The only rule is "Dont get caught"
Old 04-22-2008, 10:53 PM
Staging Lane

F the police
Old 04-22-2008, 11:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

any kind of modifications to ANY lights on a vehicle are illegal.. ever notice that all turn signals from factory are same color (yellow/amber).. or all reverse lights are white...OFF ROAD USE ONLY... lol

blah blah blah.. DO IT!!!! i did it.. every lights on my car is black.. cept my head lights cause they flip up.
Old 04-22-2008, 11:15 PM
FormerVendor

We spray them where they will pass even though they look really dark in the tails but when you hit the brakes or turn the lights on, you cant tell anything is done. We can smoke the headlights too! We have done a ton of these for members on this board and others so im sure some can speak up and let you know what they are like!
Bryan
Old 04-22-2008, 11:57 PM
Staging Lane

yes post some pics please id like to get my tails done.. a couple friends did theyre formulas and a mustang them selves oh and my friends titan.. his are dark as hell though

also pavlock perf. how much would it cost to get my tails done? 96 z28

Last edited by That1WhiteGuy; 04-23-2008 at 12:05 AM.
Old 04-23-2008, 08:37 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by That1WhiteGuy
yes post some pics please id like to get my tails done.. a couple friends did theyre formulas and a mustang them selves oh and my friends titan.. his are dark as hell though

also pavlock perf. how much would it cost to get my tails done? 96 z28
covers.. that way if you do get into trouble.. take them off right then when the cop is there.. then put them back on.
Old 04-23-2008, 08:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Pavlock Performance
We spray them where they will pass even though they look really dark in the tails but when you hit the brakes or turn the lights on, you cant tell anything is done. We can smoke the headlights too! We have done a ton of these for members on this board and others so im sure some can speak up and let you know what they are like!
Bryan

^^^Thats who did mine, awesome job^^^

Here are a few quick pictures. No lights, headlights on, and brakes on. I don't have any night time shots yet. Well after looking at the 2nd picture, I have a bulb out
Attached Thumbnails rules on tinted or smoke lens on front and tail lights?-tt1.jpg   rules on tinted or smoke lens on front and tail lights?-tt2.jpg   rules on tinted or smoke lens on front and tail lights?-tt3.jpg  

Last edited by 99zee; 04-23-2008 at 10:03 AM.
Old 04-23-2008, 10:04 AM
Staging Lane

Looks good my friends just ordered the spray stuff off of ebay im pretty sure

I bet itd look good on my black Z
Old 04-23-2008, 12:06 PM
FormerVendor

Hey guys, Im with Bryan, as you can see from the sig....
We can do the tinting, and make it look like it came from the factory like it. It is professionally done with PPG car paint. That way you can wax your tails when you wax your car. They look as slick as the paint on the car. And the best thing about it, is when you use your lights, or brake lights, its transparent to light. I have done probably 50-100 sets of lights, ranging from vettes, camaros, firebirds, trucks, suvs, etc and NOT ONE has gotten in trouble from the laws. Even I have gotten pulled over a few times and not once has my tails been mentioned.

Watch out for those covers, they look like SH*T, they look cheap and scratch very easily, and that spray can stuff is the same. It is very easy to totally mess up a nice set of tails, costing you lots to replace.

If anyone is interested in my tinting, PM me and we can talk. I will ship too, so there is no problems. The normal turn around is about 3-4 days.
Tyler
Old 04-23-2008, 12:17 PM
TECH Regular

[QUOTE=lemons12;9215696]ever notice that all turn signals from factory are same color (yellow/amber)QUOTE]

Not necessarily true, especially on his car. His taillights are all red and clear. I think they would look badass tinted though, just do it.
Old 04-23-2008, 02:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

[QUOTE=Randy_S;9218763]
Originally Posted by lemons12
ever notice that all turn signals from factory are same color (yellow/amber)QUOTE]

Not necessarily true, especially on his car. His taillights are all red and clear. I think they would look badass tinted though, just do it.
unless they were changed they are the same as all other suvs and cars and trucks on the road..

Originally Posted by Tyler @ Pavlock
Watch out for those covers, they look like SH*T, they look cheap and scratch very easily, and that spray can stuff is the same. It is very easy to totally mess up a nice set of tails, costing you lots to replace.

Tyler
hey a**hole.. i happen to think that covers look 10 times better than nightshade or tint i have seen on tail lights.. just because you dont like it doesnt mean it looks like ****.. i dont like the spray on the T/As because you can see the circle around the reverse light.. ugly.. aldo to me they look more expensive than the spray... i have had nightshade tint and covers.. i by FAR like the covers more, i sold both others so i could put my covers on...

that is an OPINION.. it wouldnt have hurt to say... IMO covers looks like ****.