in-car revolver

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 04:52 AM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

you guys are some paranoid muffuckers, or really good drug dealers. i never want to get to a point that i need to feel safe to have a gun. besides if you get carjacked what are you gonna do, lean over and grab your gun while his is in your face? or even worse have him drive off with your gun and use it to kill some one
Old 05-05-2008, 06:37 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chrysler kid
you guys are some paranoid muffuckers, or really good drug dealers. i never want to get to a point that i need to feel safe to have a gun. besides if you get carjacked what are you gonna do, lean over and grab your gun while his is in your face? or even worse have him drive off with your gun and use it to kill some one
You must not care if your **** gets stolen. I am gonna protect my stuff any way I can. I have a springfield xd 9mm that I carry.
Old 05-05-2008, 07:52 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Each to his own bud. Scenario, your driving to the other side of town and have to pass through a really rough neighborhood, your car breaks down and you have to walk down 10 blocks to the nearest parts store and your pretty much dressed up because your going to a nice dinner with some friends or family. Wouldn't you rather have some kind of protection that was in your car or would you also not feel a little on the skittie side while you make your perilous trek there?

as far as the poster about the pt92, you must be one of the lucky ones. I must have gotten the piece that somebody got to at the end of the day and wanted to hurry and go home. Yes, I cleaned my gun religiously *sp*.
Old 05-05-2008, 09:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Paranoid - maybe a little

Drug Dealer - I guess everyone with a gun is a dealer

Owning firearms and carrying them doesn't make me "feel" safe, however it does give me the opportunity (no matter how slight) to EXERCISE my legal rights to not just sit there and get assaulted/robbed/kidnapped/other.

Sorry, the world isn't as great a place as we'd like to think, from first hand experience, that helpless feeling changes your perspective real fast. I wouldn't wish it on anyone, but waiting around till something happens before you change your mind, could be too late. Just something to think about
Old 05-05-2008, 10:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by imma_stocker
As far as revolver vs SA, hot shells aren't too bad on skin but can leave a mark on car. If I need to pull my SA, so be it. Besides, 2 well placed shots beat 9 bad shots. And IMHO anyone that can't finish the job in 5 shots shouldn't have a gun.
If it were me, I could care less what happened to my car at the time, moreso my life.

I do completely agree about good shooting, though you never know how you'll do in that stress test situation, I guess having more ammo is better than not having enough. Then there's the multiple attacker consideration as well
Old 05-05-2008, 10:54 AM
Launching!

CHL and Glock 30 here
Old 05-05-2008, 11:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah and when the scumbag requests that you just leave your wife/girlfriend with the car as a door prize, are you going to feel so smart then?

Hell yes I'm going to lean over and grab my gun as I assure him that I'm going to comply. Then, I promise you that he's going to be dead! Wife/girlfriend/children - Still Alive, Bad guy - Dead, me - I'll leave that in God's hands.

99 FRC
Old 05-05-2008, 11:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
hammerless Smith & Wesson .38 is a good one. No hammer means nothing can get jammed into it (stuff rattling around in your console). Just point and pull the trigger.
my mother carries this.

I will be carrying a glock 23 at the end of this month.
Old 05-05-2008, 01:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by 99FRC
Yeah and when the scumbag requests that you just leave your wife/girlfriend with the car as a door prize, are you going to feel so smart then?

Hell yes I'm going to lean over and grab my gun as I assure him that I'm going to comply. Then, I promise you that he's going to be dead! Wife/girlfriend/children - Still Alive, Bad guy - Dead, me - I'll leave that in God's hands.

99 FRC

My sentiments exactly.
Old 05-05-2008, 03:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

So I do I go about getting a license to carry a concealed weapon? Also as stated before do you still have to carry gun and ammo in different locations.
Old 05-05-2008, 03:20 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by BLWNLT1_T/A
So I do I go about getting a license to carry a concealed weapon? Also as stated before do you still have to carry gun and ammo in different locations.
No, you can carry a loaded gun in your car.
Old 05-05-2008, 04:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by BLWNLT1_T/A
Where in Texas are you? Google it and you are bound to find one nearby. Otherwise just call your favorite gun range and ask.

Processing fee is $140 with a 60 day wait, classes usually near $100, bring your own gun or pay a little to rent (if that range rents), and get a box of rounds. Class is mandatory 10 hours with shooting qualifications and a test (easy test over common sense and legal issues).

The eligibility requirements should be online. PM me if you feel lazy, this is getting long.
Old 05-05-2008, 05:42 PM
TECH Addict

I usually carry a fair amount of cash for work and alot of $ in tools. If you are aware of your envirnment its hard to get car jacked, and when that ****** is coming at you a gun is nice to have. About 5 seconds isnt long to be ready.
Old 05-05-2008, 05:54 PM
TECH Pimp

bang bang..
Old 05-05-2008, 07:55 PM
On The Tree

When seconds count, the police are only minutes away!
Old 05-05-2008, 08:14 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by txhorns281
Gotta be at least 21 to own a handgun, that alone should filter down through all the legal contingencies of a CCW situation
You must be 21 to purchase a handgun from an FFL dealer, but it is legal to own one if you are under 21.
Old 05-05-2008, 08:49 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 91Z28
You must be 21 to purchase a handgun from an FFL dealer, but it is legal to own one if you are under 21.
You sure about that? I have never heard its legal for under 21 to own a handgun.
Old 05-05-2008, 08:51 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by xfactor_pitbulls
You sure about that? I have never heard its legal for under 21 to own a handgun.
x2. Why do you have to be 21 to purchase one?
Old 05-05-2008, 08:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 91Z28
You 100% sure about that? I'd like to know for knowledge.

I guess how would one go about "owning" a handgun without purchasing it? Possibly by gift from a parent or such I suppose. Either way, the handgun couldn't be regitered in a minor's name, so technically he/she would not be the owner. In my mind, just b/c a minor has a handgun does not mean they own it or can legally use/carry/recreate with it. Certainly wouldn't want law enforcement to find a minor with a handgun. Dunno...
Old 05-05-2008, 08:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Cam72aro
x2. Why do you have to be 21 to purchase one?

B/C the Fed says so... lol just like