Direct TV vs. Cable and what DVR to get????

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 03:52 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Get DirectTV installed. Then go over to www.kingfta.com or call TOLL FREE (888) 701-KING- All you need is a reciever to program the codes into using a USB drive. I have the Viewsat Ultra V2, currently. You pay DirectTV for the cheapest package they offer and hack the rest of the channels using the codes you download from around the net. WIDE OPEN EVERYTHING 24/7! Something like 900+ channels from all over the world. BUT of coarse this is just hypothetical...its not like I'M DOING IT NOW! That would be illegal, right?!
Old 05-13-2008, 06:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

ATT UVerse Fiber all the way!

can't complain about 6mb download and U400 for $140/month.

That's cheaper and satellite and I cancelled the house phone that was at least $60/month!

ATT!
Old 05-13-2008, 08:49 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by SSAUTOCHROME
Get DirectTV installed. Then go over to www.kingfta.com or call TOLL FREE (888) 701-KING- All you need is a reciever to program the codes into using a USB drive. I have the Viewsat Ultra V2, currently. You pay DirectTV for the cheapest package they offer and hack the rest of the channels using the codes you download from around the net. WIDE OPEN EVERYTHING 24/7! Something like 900+ channels from all over the world. BUT of coarse this is just hypothetical...its not like I'M DOING IT NOW! That would be illegal, right?!

haha, oh yea? I wonder how hard/easy it is to get caught for something like that. You know if you hypothetically did it.

Yea suddenlink is my only internet source. Once I get into my apartment or a month before I move (around the end of July), I will start calling DTV and Suddenlink and seeing if it would be worth the hassle of having the 2 different bills.
Old 05-13-2008, 09:56 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

AT&T Uverse is the only one that is true VOIP TV/Internet to your house. They only send the channel you want your house. Unlike cable they push everything to your house. Plus, with cable they are limited to the bandwith they have. They more that get one it slows down.

AT&T Uverse pluses.....Free DVR like someone mentioned, record 4 regular channels at once, record 2 HD channels at once, do a "search" for a upcoming program that you to record like a month in advance.

Plus, you can set up DVR to record your favorite show or shows anywhere in the world on the internet or AT&T mobile phone.

You can see use a mini guide that will keep your current tv program in full screen mode, and channel surf any channel with a picture and picture, will tell you what is showing, what it is about, and how many minutes is left, as well as what will be coming up next.

Plus, much, much more that cable cant offer.

I have Uverse and will never go back to cable!
Old 05-13-2008, 10:15 PM
TECH Addict

Roadrunner ftmfw.
Old 05-14-2008, 01:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SSAUTOCHROME

I have a couple questions on that! First though, its NOT illegal! DTV and DISHNET have sued several times and lose every time because the signals they send are open for anyone to receive.

If you're using the box that you have, why do you need the DirecTV box?? And does this work with the KaKu (High def)?
Old 05-15-2008, 02:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

what did you decide?
Old 05-15-2008, 06:36 PM
Teching In

roadrunner my download is 16949 kbps download and 2010 kbps upload I work for time warner cable as a service tech so if you have any question ask away
Old 05-16-2008, 09:35 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Josh McGrath
I have a couple questions on that! First though, its NOT illegal! DTV and DISHNET have sued several times and lose every time because the signals they send are open for anyone to receive.

If you're using the box that you have, why do you need the DirecTV box?? And does this work with the KaKu (High def)?
(NOT DIRECTV-These guys are very tough to hack now that they have big $$$!) Remember the programmed cards through the mail from Canada? Useless within 6months-1year of install. Poor people where paying out the wazoo for 'em. No longer consider this an option. Anyhow you want to go through dish network. They are the next small fry in line. Easy as pie to hack. I got the basic service from Dish Network so they would handle the install of the dish, get my wall jacks all working correctly, ect. Then I simply ran another line from the dish into my home tothe Viewsat Ultra box (approx. $5.00 and a half hour). The other reason you have a Dish network box installed is for outages...i.e. when/if Dish Network blocks the hacked signal for a few hours before the brainiacks come up with a new file. You simply switch over to your paid for original box so you can continue to watch your basic news, sports, ect. Yes you will be taken off your rations of wide open free pay per view and **** for a while...boo hoo! Longest I have been down was one instance in a twelve month period which laster 1 week in '07. Worth every penny!
Old 05-16-2008, 10:42 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by imnotplutonium
haha, oh yea? I wonder how hard/easy it is to get caught for something like that. You know if you hypothetically did it.

Yea suddenlink is my only internet source. Once I get into my apartment or a month before I move (around the end of July), I will start calling DTV and Suddenlink and seeing if it would be worth the hassle of having the 2 different bills.
if you go with directv, you can very easily set up automatic recurring payments...i have my account set up that way, and i never even have to so much as go online to pay my DirecTV bill. i just have the parental controls set on my box to not allow PayPerView purchases from the remote, so no one can come in and order stuff without me knowing. but if i want PPV, i can order it online, still....which is better, because you have to login to your account, which is password-protected using SSL.