WhyTF do people slam car doors??

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2008, 02:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a friend who takes it a step further, jumping into the passenger seat. He just couldn't get into the seat like a normal person, he literally has to throw himself in. It ticks me off.
Old 05-21-2008, 02:09 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

def have yelled at my gf... but the real thing is dont grab the ******* windows def hate doing the rivet/fixing the fiberglass mod it sucks did it on my 94 dont want todo it on my 2000
Old 05-21-2008, 02:10 PM
On The Tree

I'm a little more picky but being car people I'm sure you all are too. I hate when people yank your door open hard as hell using just the door handle (that was fine back in the day when the handle and the entire mechanism was metal) Me personally and most of my friends just open the doors a little using the handle then grab the side of the door by the latch to open it fully. My buddy lost a handle off his 98 Z28 when a girl just ripped it off opening his door like it weighted 200lbs.
Old 05-21-2008, 02:20 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 2 SLOW
omg, people are slamming my doors, better not give them a ride in my $8k pos

yall are ridiculous
uh oh 2slow trolling again.

No matter which car I have/how much my car is worth, I still want people to respect my car. I take care of my car and dont want some asshat that I was trying to help out slam the **** out my door.

On a side note. I saw the douche walking home. I know he heard/saw my car, that ********** didnt even throw a wave. Unappreciative ****. I literally saved him a ~30 min walk this morning.
Old 05-21-2008, 02:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

people don't slam F-body doors, F-body doors slam themselves, what don't you people realize about this.

stop complaining, since when are f-bodys known for their soundness and quality
Really? I've left many of my f-body doors open in the past and have never seen one slam itself

Old 05-21-2008, 02:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yall are ridiculous
You are ridiculous. 15k is alot of money to me, and I dont like people beating it up. If I drove a Geo Metro I still wouldnt want people beating up my property.
Old 05-21-2008, 02:40 PM
On The Tree

maybe he is used to ford door latches LOL

i knw what you mean, i hate that too. some people are just..............for lack of a better word..........strange
Old 05-21-2008, 02:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Donohue96M6Z28
uh oh 2slow trolling again.

No matter which car I have/how much my car is worth, I still want people to respect my car. I take care of my car and dont want some asshat that I was trying to help out slam the **** out my door.

On a side note. I saw the douche walking home. I know he heard/saw my car, that ********** didnt even throw a wave. Unappreciative ****. I literally saved him a ~30 min walk this morning.
you gotta be the dumbest person on tech. you don't know what trolling is, and in the last thread you quoted things i said while trolling and responded 15+ times like I was being serious.

f-body doors slam easier than any other door. nobody slams them on purpose. yall are just being douches over nothing because yall THINK yall have a nice car. but for some reason every nice car I've been around doesn't have this issue.
Old 05-21-2008, 02:55 PM
TECH Junkie

you gotta be the dumbest person on tech. you don't know what trolling is, and in the last thread you quoted things i said while trolling and responded 15+ times like I was being serious.

f-body doors slam easier than any other door. nobody slams them on purpose. yall are just being douches over nothing because yall THINK yall have a nice car. but for some reason every nice car I've been around doesn't have this issue.
your right and the other 20+ people on here that agree with me are wrong And like I've said. I think you post stupid **** and when called out on it you "act" like you were joking the entire time.

True, Fbody doors do slam easier than other doors. But you dont have to be the brightest person to know how to not slam a door. Its called ******* respect, especially after someone did a favor for you. My car is a ~10yr old car that is near mint, and I'd like to keep it that way. Would you like someone to slam your house/apartment door everytime they left? Prob ******* not.

Every nice car doesnt have this issue? a door slamming issue? wtf does that mean. ******* tool.
Old 05-21-2008, 03:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

your right and the other 30+ people on here that agree with me are wrong And like I've said. I think you post stupid **** and when called out on it you "act" like you were trolling the entire time.

True, Fbody doors do slam easier than other doors. But you dont have to be the brightest person to know how to not slam a door. Would you like someone to slam your house/apartment door everytime they left? Prob ******* not.

Every nice car doesnt have this issue? a door slamming issue? wtf does that mean. ******* tool.
no wonder you've been at texas state for 5 years and you are only half way done. your logic is pathetic and I still don't think you understand trolling.

why would people slam my house or apartment door? they are much harder to slam on accident than a F-body door.

get a nice car and you won't complain about people slamming your doors cause it won't happen. they are built better than a f-body (who woulda thought) use you're brian moran
Old 05-21-2008, 03:09 PM
Launching!

yall are ridiculous
says the person with a formula.
oh the irony.
Old 05-21-2008, 03:13 PM
TECH Junkie

why would people slam my house or apartment door? they are much harder to slam on accident than a F-body door.

get a nice car and you won't complain about people slamming your doors cause it won't happen. they are built better than a f-body (who woulda thought) use you're brian moran
who cares about "why" your apt/house door is slammed, im just saying IF someone slammed it(for whatever reason), it would bother you. Just like it bothers me if someone slams my door. You act as though the doors slam themselves. It has to do with how much force the person puts into the door. Most people dont care/notice that the doors dont need much pressure at all to shut. You're looking way to damn deep into this. Some **** slammed my door, I didnt like it, it was disrepectful. He could have shut my door without slamming it. Thats all this thread is about.

So if I get a "nice" car, my doors cant be slammed? wow, good ******* deal.
Old 05-21-2008, 03:20 PM
On The Tree

lol any door can be slammed what a idiot to try and argue about doors being slammed...i hate it when ppl do this too, my mom and my brother used to always slam the door on accident, my brother learned and now my mom just thinks im nice cause when she rides with me i open and close her door lol
Old 05-21-2008, 03:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

who cares about "why" your apt/house door is slammed, im just saying IF someone slammed it(for whatever reason), it would bother you. Just like it bothers me if someone slams my door.

So if I get a "nice" car, my doors cant be slammed? wow, good ******* deal.
look at your thread title you dumbass.

i was answering why and you are too ******* dumb to understand.
Old 05-21-2008, 03:27 PM
TECH Junkie

look at your thread title you dumbass.

i was answering why and you are too ******* dumb to understand.

Are you serious? It wasnt an actual question. I wasnt expecting a thread full of answers to why people slam doors. ******* idiot.
Old 05-21-2008, 03:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Are you serious? It wasnt an actual question. I wasnt expecting a thread full of answers to why people slam doors. ******* idiot.
then stop complaining if you aren't going to do anything about it. you didn't even warn the kid but you are complaining like a girl. get over it.
Old 05-21-2008, 03:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

iv had people open my doors with the window both up and down and just sit there and rest/lean on the opened door and im like cause i can just see the window and door flexing and then i tell them to get off and they dont see what the big deal is? wtf?
Old 05-21-2008, 03:38 PM
TECH Junkie

then stop complaining if you aren't going to do anything about it. you didn't even warn the kid but you are complaining like a girl. get over it.
I didnt warn him? wtf? I guess I should "warn" every door shutting newb that gets in my car? I personally dont think its hard to shut my door, and I thought he would be able to figure it out on his own, but I was wrong.
Old 05-21-2008, 03:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

I didnt warn him? wtf? I guess I should "warn" every door shutting newb that gets in my car? I personally dont think its hard to shut my door, and I thought he would be able to figure it out on his own, but I was wrong.
what I've been trying to tell you this whole thread but you are dumb son.
Old 05-21-2008, 03:47 PM
TECH Junkie

what I've been trying to tell you this whole thread but you are dumb son.
I had already admitted that I was wrong. And no. thats not what you've been trying to tell me. All of your posts are something new. Your first post was "ya'll are ridiculous", 2nd post was saying some **** about how nice cars cant get their doors slammed, etc etc. You just didnt understnad the thread/thought was question.

Quick Reply: WhyTF do people slam car doors??