What company has best cable tv deals right now?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2008, 10:36 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Screw AT&T. I only say that cuz they havent gotten the new lines out to our new house.
Old 05-23-2008, 10:46 AM
Launching!

Yes that is true. You only can be watching one TV at a time on a HD channel. This is only when watching HD. But this year they suppose to be adding another and also a new Box.
Old 05-23-2008, 10:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have AT&T Uverse and like it a lot better than the Time Warner it replaced.
Old 05-23-2008, 11:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by WildBills Toyota
is that for a year or 6 months or what?
Thats the price for as many months as you subscribe i think. Its all pretty confusing. Even though the u-verse sounds like a good deal, Im a little weary of the internet technology they use. They put a box in your neighborhood or somewhere close by and you have a wireless router in your home that connects to it. So everyone in the vicinity shares the same modem, or thats the way I understand it. Is that right JankesGTO?
Old 05-24-2008, 12:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

No, thats now how Uverse works lol.

They put a box in your neighborhood, that has fiber connected to it. From that box to your house is copper, but you get the bandwidth you pay for. My 6MB down/384KB up connection tests that every time. The installer said there was 60MB available at the house, and that each TV uses 3, HD uses more than 3 (do not recall the number), and your Internet uses some. There is still plenty of overhead.

The package does include a wireless router, but that is for your local area network, not connecting to be "box".

Also, they use IPTV, which only streams what you are watching, not sending all the channels. Therefore they have an edge on what they can provide. A 10MB Internet connection is available now, and as fast as 30MB is coming from Uverse.
Old 05-24-2008, 01:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 98_1LE

They put a box in your neighborhood, that has fiber connected to it. From that box to your house is copper, but you get the bandwidth you pay for. My 6MB down/384KB up connection tests that every time. The installer said there was 60MB available at the house, and that each TV uses 3, HD uses more than 3 (do not recall the number), and your Internet uses some. There is still plenty of overhead.

The package does include a wireless router, but that is for your local area network, not connecting to be "box".

Also, they use IPTV, which only streams what you are watching, not sending all the channels. Therefore they have an edge on what they can provide. A 10MB Internet connection is available now, and as fast as 30MB is coming from Uverse.
Oh ok well that sounds better lol. I knew somethiing didn't really sound right.
Old 05-24-2008, 02:02 PM
Staging Lane

I would recommend getting cable. Me and my sister both have had satellite and everytime a cloud parks over my or her house, we won't have a connection. If its raining be prepared to read a book or something because your not going to have signal. I also know several other people who say's the same thing. I was so mad the night I ordered a fight (iceman vs. rampage) and the storm knocked the signal out. I recently switched to charter and love it.
Old 05-24-2008, 04:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SuIcIdAlPoNtIaC
I would recommend getting cable. Me and my sister both have had satellite and everytime a cloud parks over my or her house, we won't have a connection. If its raining be prepared to read a book or something because your not going to have signal. I also know several other people who say's the same thing. I was so mad the night I ordered a fight (iceman vs. rampage) and the storm knocked the signal out. I recently switched to charter and love it.
Its alright that wasnt much of a fight anyways
Old 05-24-2008, 04:32 PM
TECH Addict

Time Warner is hands down the best I've had to deal with but then again I don't have a land line so maybe that has something to do with it.
Old 05-24-2008, 05:31 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 98_1LE

Wow someone that does there homework.... We DO do fiber all the way to the home like verizon fios but its limited areas and we are capped so that it really doesnt matter if its fiber all the way or not.
Old 05-24-2008, 05:57 PM
On The Tree

Time Warner vs. AT&T U-verse

Timer Warner sends all your channels to you at once, much slower channel changing
AT&T U-verse only send the Channel that you are watching, free's up bandwith and instant channel changing.

Time Warner - charges for DVR service, & box(s)
A&T U-verse - does not charge for DVR service or box(s) up to two

Time Warner - DVR programing online -- NO
AT&T U-verse - DVR programing online & cellphone. Anywhere you have internet connection you can schedule what you want to record.

Time Warner - On screen Mini Guide very limited.
AT&T U-verse - On screen Mini Guide shows a picture and picture of the channel you are previewing, the minutes remaining, the discription of what is showing, and what will be showing next on that channel.

Time Warner - Do a search of TV, or Movies coming up - NO
AT&T U-verse - Search for future, or Movies coming up - Yes. Such as if you wanted to know when the times and dates all movies that for example "Angelina Jolie" will be play you can. Or your FAV TV show will be playing.

Plus a lot more. I went from Time Warner to AT&T U-verse and I could not be happier. There is so much more that AT&T U-verse offers and will offer compared to Time Warner.

And another bonus AT&T U-verse if the only one that offers true VOIP TV
Old 05-24-2008, 10:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

is it possible to get the Uverse and have only the internet connection and TV?

i dont want a home phone line cause i will never use it

Also is u verse available in 77459 ?
Old 05-24-2008, 10:31 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 00NBMCamaro
is it possible to get the Uverse and have only the internet connection and TV?

i dont want a home phone line cause i will never use it

Also is u verse available in 77459 ?
That is exactly what I have. I still have my normal land line phone. U-verse is for my cable and internet. It's great.