What company has best cable tv deals right now?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 11:43 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What company has best cable tv deals right now?

Cable or satellite. I don't care. Need hd in 2 rooms. Whos got the best deal going on right now?
Old 05-22-2008, 12:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

AT&T just offered us a pretty good deal. You get high-speed internet, 190 channels, hd channels, and a dvr for 99 a month. They use fiber optics.
Old 05-22-2008, 04:31 PM
Teching In

ANYONE but comcast

I got direct TV atm and love their service and their channels.
Old 05-22-2008, 04:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Satellite is cheaper than cable. Look into Direct TV that's who I have.
Old 05-22-2008, 05:02 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TLUZLS1
AT&T just offered us a pretty good deal. You get high-speed internet, 190 channels, hd channels, and a dvr for 99 a month. They use fiber optics.

Its called U-Verse. That is what I switched too. It is great and very cheap. Plus my whole house is WiFi now (included in the package).
Old 05-22-2008, 06:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

F that ****. I have them over right now for the third time trying to fix our **** and they're about to leave again and put another work order in

Their **** is not all they make it up to be
Old 05-22-2008, 06:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

We're still with Comcast and it blows. Any advice? Switch to Dish?
Old 05-22-2008, 07:25 PM
TECH Resident

Verizon is all i can say.
Old 05-22-2008, 09:06 PM
Launching!

I install the stuff, its a good service. If anyone is interested in seeing if it is available in there area pm me your address and i can get you hooked up.

As far as the original post sounds like direct tv would be for u since you need 2 hd streams.

F that ****. I have them over right now for the third time trying to fix our **** and they're about to leave again and put another work order in

Their **** is not all they make it up to be
HAHA! funny i live right down the street from you actually drive by your house on the way home everyday. I wonder why you are having problems you are very close to the feed. Guess it sux to be u.
Old 05-22-2008, 09:15 PM
Launching!

U-Verse here, No issue. Just have not receive my $100 cash back!!!
Old 05-22-2008, 09:19 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by kraemer94
U-Verse here, No issue. Just have not receive my $100 cash back!!!
I swear we are taking over the world one home at a time
Old 05-22-2008, 09:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by JankesGTO
HAHA! funny i live right down the street from you actually drive by your house on the way home everyday. I wonder why you are having problems you are very close to the feed. Guess it sux to be u.
Why don't you come fix it for us! (seriously)

Anytime the phone rings and is answered, the damn TV freezes. I have never seen anything like this before. Guys were here for hours trying to fix everything and told us a wire is shorting and that someone else has to come out yet AGAIN!

It's been a nightmare
Old 05-22-2008, 09:31 PM
Launching!

Anytime the phone rings and is answered, the damn TV freezes. I have never seen anything like this before. Guys were here for hours trying to fix everything and told us a wire is shorting and that someone else has to come out yet AGAIN!

It's been a nightmare
DUDE! IT sounds VERY simple I would hope they changed it but there is a splitter in your telephone box outside that splits the uverse and the dial tone. Sound like that is shorted it is VERY simple. Pm a number or something and ill see what i can do about gettin out that way. If your gunna be around tomarrow around 6 ish i can come take a look at it, not promising a miracle because i would hope a tech there for 2 hours would have figured something out. Any way pm me your number. we can take it from there.
Daniel
Old 05-22-2008, 09:32 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Brian2006

It's been a nightmare
Actually, we have recently begun having the problem where our wifi singal drops when the phone rings and then it is back in about 30 seconds. I hadn't called in about it because we rarely get calls on the home line and it hasn't bothered me enough to call. Otherwise it is great and much cheaper. Plus we don't lose the freakin signal everytime it rain or a new tree branch grows
Old 05-22-2008, 09:43 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by newton
We're still with Comcast and it blows. Any advice? Switch to Dish?
dish or direct tv man lol i just left comcast for direct tv . comcast internet is good tho
Old 05-22-2008, 10:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by LeadfootDuramax
Actually, we have recently begun having the problem where our wifi singal drops when the phone rings and then it is back in about 30 seconds. I hadn't called in about it because we rarely get calls on the home line and it hasn't bothered me enough to call. Otherwise it is great and much cheaper. Plus we don't lose the freakin signal everytime it rain or a new tree branch grows
Next time it rings, actually answer the phone and see what happens. Ours doesn't even work anytime the phone is connected
Old 05-23-2008, 01:16 AM
TECH Resident

Funny thread, I have just been looking for service myself

currently the options are

best picture: Fios from verizon, I have had this service before and it kicks ***, but their prices keep going up and up. The standard digital channels and analogue channels are very very close to DVD quality, and the HD channels are the clearest in comparsion to time warner/comcast and satellite service

if you want just HD channels, Dish has a package with just 40 something HD channels for 30 dollars, five more for locals in HD, plenty of specials if you sign a 2 year contract, and a free HD DVR with a referral(pm me if you want one, I have a few)

currently though I have time warner, the picture is only so-so, especially the analogue channels, but for the price is hard to beat
for 15 or 16 dollars I get channels 2-99 plus a few digital channels and my locals in HD
apparently there is some hidden deal that if you sign up for basic but are using a digital tuner with qam, you get standard cable plus locals in HD, not sure why the other digital channels come in clear, but apparently they are unencrypted. I use my Sony HDTV's internal digital tuner, I have no cable box
Old 05-23-2008, 08:42 AM
TECH Addict

is that for a year or 6 months or what?
Old 05-23-2008, 09:24 AM
10-Second Club

I got Comcast for now only because they had a special for $39.99 for 12 months of cable with HBO & a HD DVR box. Once i'm at 12 months I'll re-evaluate things. Their phone support sucks *****, but since it was installed it's worked flawlessly, I love the On Demand stuff. I have a Tivo so that's why I'm not big on Satellite, because I want to run the Tivo in my other room because it has a DVD burner on it & I like to burn UFC fights I get on PPV.

I thought UVerse could only have one TV getting an HD signal in the house? At least when I read about them....
Old 05-23-2008, 09:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

I have Comcast and havent had any problems. The U-verse sounds interesting though.