Boostlogic calling out LMR

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 12:14 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor / 7 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are you really bitching agaion . And if I remember correctly you guys were the only people bitching about letting us run. The guys over at Titan said they were game for what ever. There has always been one friday night qualifier.
Old 06-05-2008, 12:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

:popcorn:
Old 06-05-2008, 12:47 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Yeah, but you have a solid axle.
Yeah, but you have a auto transmission.
Yeah, but my block, head, trans, rear-end is stock.
Yeah, but...
Old 06-05-2008, 01:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by -Ross-
Yeah, but you have a solid axle.
Yeah, but you have a auto transmission.
Yeah, but my block, head, trans, rear-end is stock.
Yeah, but...
they just don't get it
Old 06-05-2008, 01:44 PM
9 Second Club

SW's new supra will be nasty. Ill get all this on video for sure this saturday. Ill be running my slow junk
Old 06-05-2008, 01:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by JMBLOWNWS6
SW's new supra will be nasty. Ill get all this on video for sure this saturday. Ill be running my slow junk

no videos of your turd sweet heart

wish i wasn't heading out to montana on friday, i would totally be out there with y'all
Old 06-05-2008, 02:37 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by | Powered by Satan |
no videos of your turd sweet heart

wish i wasn't heading out to montana on friday, i would totally be out there with y'all
I was in austin the other night in the vette rolling with some supra's
Old 06-05-2008, 03:22 PM
Staging Lane

All I gain from this thread is that last time LMR beat a Supra it was a 106mm turbo versus a 91mm turbo... Guess who was making more power and going quicker.

I will be interested to see the race on similar tires and power levels, it looks like LMR can 60' better than the BL Supra so I guess that they have the advantage. I will be rooting for the Supra though.
Old 06-05-2008, 03:30 PM
On The Tree

Any fast supras going to northstar dragway saturday?
Old 06-05-2008, 04:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by brobards
All I gain from this thread is that last time LMR beat a Supra it was a 106mm turbo versus a 91mm turbo... Guess who was making more power and going quicker.

I will be interested to see the race on similar tires and power levels, it looks like LMR can 60' better than the BL Supra so I guess that they have the advantage. I will be rooting for the Supra though.
or the Supra can step up it's game instead of handicapping the people they call out cause their Supra isn't fast enough.
Old 06-05-2008, 04:20 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This thread should not even exist. Supra's are OK but LMR/LME has some of the fastest cars/motors/setups out there! I think the Supra should come over to the dark side. I will be there in the index class. BTW, when my motor was being built at LME, Fereday's motor was being built beside mine. I would fear him if I were you...
Old 06-05-2008, 04:24 PM
Staging Lane

2 Slow,
Sadly there is a limit of how big of a turbo you can put on the little Toyota Engine, to get the 91mm to work they have to spray the thing with a 200+ shot of nitrous.

(Here comes the "Imports always make displacement excuses" argument from a domestic)
Old 06-05-2008, 04:31 PM
TECH Regular

i am just hoping they are using a true 91mm instead of their infamous "91" turbo..

i might have to bring a caliper to the track...LOL
Old 06-05-2008, 04:55 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LS1Tech 10 Year

2 Slow,
Sadly there is a limit of how big of a turbo you can put on the little Toyota Engine, to get the 91mm to work they have to spray the thing with a 200+ shot of nitrous.

(Here comes the "Imports always make displacement excuses" argument from a domestic)
Why should LMR have to limit their turbo just because a Supra can't spool the smaller turbo?? Especially since they called LMR out. If it were the other way around I could totally understand, but them calling LMR out and putting stipulations on it??

Kind of like me calling out Greg Anderson but telling him that he has to run on 195/70/14's.
Old 06-05-2008, 05:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by fasttagurl
This thread should not even exist. Supra's are OK but LMR/LME has some of the fastest cars/motors/setups out there! I think the Supra should come over to the dark side. I will be there in the index class. BTW, when my motor was being built at LME, Fereday's motor was being built beside mine. I would fear him if I were you...

There is NOTHING wrong with the 2jz. It is just unfortunately limited by cubic inches which is unfortunate to say the least.

One of the best engineered motors let alone everything else on the car.

Even though turbos can certainly make up for displacement, I know where the other guy is coming from. It is hard to really turn up a 91.5mm turbo when you are working with the exhaust from 207 cubic inches. (Hence the use of nitrous.) But that is coming into the world of drag racing. Some classes may tend to a supra to help give the weight breaks and what not but overall, in the majority of the True 10.5 racing world, it will not see any help.

People are running cars from 3150 to 3600lbs on these tiny tires at 200mph. It is insane!
Old 06-05-2008, 05:05 PM
Staging Lane

I didnt even say anything about LMR limiting their turbo size. I said:

1. A Supra would have a hell of a time running a 106mm turbo like the LMR car can.

2. I want to see the race when BL and LMR are on the same tire and turbo. Which they both will at the clash of the titans race.
Old 06-05-2008, 05:44 PM
TECH Addict

Yes, we will both be on True 10.5in tires and will be running 91.5mm turbos this weekend. Should be a hell of a race if we both make a full hit with no problems, although the boost logic car might want to think about putting dirt tires on that car so they can get over the tree thats going to be in there lane when we line up.
Old 06-05-2008, 05:46 PM
Teching In

The supra engine is indeed a great engine, the kind of power they can make per cubic inch is amazing and people like Titan do very well against the big boys at the adrl races. I for one and interested to see how BL does without their training wheels (13in tires) and both cars on a turbo limit should allow for even playing grounds of sorts and may the best car/driver win, I betting on LMR but that just me
Old 06-05-2008, 05:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

CJ, have you done any more testing with Kean on the 10.5 Tires lately? Hopefully you get that car to hit the tires and stick. Should be some good racing.

Originally Posted by Worm Boy
Yes, we will both be on True 10.5in tires and will be running 91.5mm turbos this weekend. Should be a hell of a race if we both make a full hit with no problems, although the boost logic car might want to think about putting dirt tires on that car so they can get over the tree thats going to be in there lane when we line up.

Wormy, is Kyle and Curry going to be out there? Have not spoken to either one in a while.
Old 06-05-2008, 06:08 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Stang's Bane
Why should LMR have to limit their turbo just because a Supra can't spool the smaller turbo?? Especially since they called LMR out. If it were the other way around I could totally understand, but them calling LMR out and putting stipulations on it??

Kind of like me calling out Greg Anderson but telling him that he has to run on 195/70/14's.
What stipulations? We are both going to a meet that we both meet the rules. I simply called them out to this race. I guess you can call it run what you brung as long as you meet the rules. All stipulations were agrued when LMR wanted to bring a non-rule applied car to a Supra meet. It would be the same thing as us going to the National LSX meet and start barking about rule changes to let us run.

Quick Reply: Boostlogic calling out LMR