damn texas wind (rant)

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2008 | 10:52 PM
TECH Addict

sometimes wind blows harder then a pile of sand can hold. i've been through many hurricanes and the winds before it's even 100 miles away is enough to screw things up big time. i live in key west FL so i was right on the water
Old 06-05-2008 | 11:16 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 02Z28LS1
here's the question i have:

what kind of basketball goal do you have that gets blown over in the wind? if it's mounted into the ground (properly), it shouldn't be going anywhere. even if it's one of those types that sits on top of the ground on a base, you should have the base filled with sand or water to weigh it down to keep things like this from happening.......
Its probably a portable basketball goal that holds water. I had my goal filled with water and it blew over on my brothers new grand prix. So we figured water with a concrete bag on top would work but the next bad storm we had blew it ontop of his dodge truck and the damage was not pretty!!! Basketball goals are known to blow over during wind storms even with water. I see them blown over all over the place in my neighborhood. The wind ripped my antennae off my roof today which surprises me because that antennae has made it through 70-80mph winds in the past and now this 50 mph gusts ripps it off my roof and leaves a big hole to fix!!! My electricity has even been going on and off all day and my cable keeps going out but comes back on. This stuff is insane and they say tomorrow is going to be just like today!
Old 06-05-2008 | 11:20 PM
Launching!

I just got back home from work, and my job had me in a damn bobtail 6 wheeler instead of the normal 18 wheeler semi, I drove from Houston to Austin then to Temple and back to Houston, It was absolutely horrid to say the least, I'm sure a few folks who aren't familiar with tall 6 wheeler trucks swore I was hella wasted. I could not hold it in one lane to save my life, This wind sux.
Old 06-06-2008 | 01:51 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 02Z28LS1
here's the question i have:

what kind of basketball goal do you have that gets blown over in the wind? if it's mounted into the ground (properly), it shouldn't be going anywhere. even if it's one of those types that sits on top of the ground on a base, you should have the base filled with sand or water to weigh it down to keep things like this from happening.......
my basketball goal is the one that holds water and i hadnt used it in years so i thought it was filled still but it wasnt at all so in a way it was my fault
Old 06-06-2008 | 11:34 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by camAro242
my basketball goal is the one that holds water and i hadnt used it in years so i thought it was filled still but it wasnt at all so in a way it was my fault
It would of blew over yesterday regardless unless you took the top half off. You would of been in shock if you seen the goals I seen yesterday! 1 goal was all the way in the street (road block) I had to drive up on the curb to get around it. It would of lasted longer in the wind with water but I think it was still destined to happen being outside in them hurricane winds.
Old 06-06-2008 | 12:01 PM
11 Second Club

Putting on the R panels on the carport i'm building was very interesting yesterday.
Holding 24x3 sails on a ladder FTL.