Used School Buses?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2008, 05:17 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think its a great idea with money making potential AND if it catches on its a lot safer than driving drunk or walkin home drunk....i applaud you.
Old 06-08-2008, 05:41 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by clean99
yea its called S.W.A.T. (students with alternative transportation) but its only one van and barely ever goes out on weekends because they cant find people to drive, because its all community service. But thats ONE van that you MUST call, and wait 30 minutes on

I'm using a bus to go to every apt complex on a loop to the square, (pick up at apt complex, Drop off at square/Pick up at square drop off at apt complex) basically a party bus to and from the square because
1) gas is getting expensive
2) DWI's are even more expensive
3) People can drink more at the square and not have to worry about driving
but it seems like if you have "ONE" bus/van it'll take a good 30minutes as well. Theres alot of apartments in SM, and it seems like it takes forever to get anywhere with all the traffic lights etc.
Old 06-08-2008, 06:32 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

pub crawl van?
Old 06-08-2008, 07:33 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Donohue96M6Z28
but it seems like if you have "ONE" bus/van it'll take a good 30minutes as well. Theres alot of apartments in SM, and it seems like it takes forever to get anywhere with all the traffic lights etc.

All the apartments if you take 2 routes take 10 minutes each way. basically the bus will come to each stop every 30 minutes. ( Same Route as University bus, only to the square instead of Campus)

so. 10 Minutes one route, to drop off then Head to Route 2- 10 minutes drop off / pick up from square =30-35 minutes about till every pick up

Then around 11:30/40 it will be pick up from the square the apt complexes only

I'm only going to the university bus route apartment complexes ( ex1 ,ex2 -AQ springs route, Ranch road 12 route, Post road route) I prob wont do Cabana beach because cabana has its own bus that runs to the square and prob wont do University Club

Does anybody know the insurance company I should go through for this or the liabilities of it (Open Container, or should I just insure it as a chauffeur vehicle?)
Old 06-08-2008, 08:36 PM
TECH Junkie

All the apartments if you take 2 routes take 10 minutes each way. basically the bus will come to each stop every 30 minutes. ( Same Route as University bus, only to the square instead of Campus)

so. 10 Minutes one route, to drop off then Head to Route 2- 10 minutes drop off / pick up from square =30-35 minutes about till every pick up

Then around 11:30/40 it will be pick up from the square the apt complexes only

I'm only going to the university bus route apartment complexes ( ex1 ,ex2 -AQ springs route, Ranch road 12 route, Post road route) I prob wont do Cabana beach because cabana has its own bus that runs to the square and prob wont do University Club

Does anybody know the insurance company I should go through for this or the liabilities of it (Open Container, or should I just insure it as a chauffeur vehicle?)
Friends ride free? Thanks! Unfortunately I'll prob be at U. Club next semester so it wont matter. Unless I need a ride to some other apartments.
Old 06-08-2008, 08:55 PM
Launching!

yea well hopefully I can get it off the ground before summer ends and bring the bus to the football games for Tail gaiting and make sure I get some advertisement. yea you can ride free if you want buddy. cheap bastard. lol You can help me put couches in it or paint the bus though
Old 06-08-2008, 09:02 PM
TECH Junkie

yea well hopefully I can get it off the ground before summer ends and bring the bus to the football games for Tail gaiting and make sure I get some advertisement. yea you can ride free if you want buddy. cheap bastard. lol You can help me put couches in it or paint the bus though
I'm down to help paint it etc. One of my roommates just got a gmc safari for a DD and we're going to murder it out.
Old 06-09-2008, 11:18 AM
10 Second Club

open container is NEVER allowed...you get pulled over and someone has open container you can get in trouble as well even if your 100% sober...you technically cant drink in limos either..and the cops can search those...believe me...been there done that!
Old 06-09-2008, 11:43 AM
Launching!

k so no open container on the bus then, how do limo services get away with it then? I'm planning on tinting the windows too just to make things a little easier
Old 06-09-2008, 02:37 PM
TECH Resident

I applaud your thoughts. It seems like a great idea. You have a couple of tweaks to be worked out but other than that I think your on the right path. Hopefully it all checks out and you can make a little $$ out of it as well.