Hooters Hulen Meet June 26th LSM supported!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2008, 09:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just found LS1tech a few days ago, while looking for a double din bezel for my 1995 Formula Bird.. After taking a look around here, it sounds like I have a new forum to read! I live (and work) in Fort Worth. Not sure when my car will be "operational" but it's being worked on as we speak. My wife and I passed RIGHT BY the Hooters a few hours ago, on our way to Petsmart and Chipotle (on Bryant Irvin Rd).

My car was sent off to be a project built over 3 years ago and its been a long and painful process.. haha. Cops just don't make much money. So, a little here.. a little there.. 3+ years later, I have a "balanced and blue-printed" 355cid LT1. It's "supposed" to be about a 400HP LT1 and I have an additional 200HP Cold Fusion Wet Nitrous Kit, just sitting here next to me.

My 4L60E has been completely re-done and I am told that it should handle up to 700 HP (we shall see), matted to an Edge racing 3000 stall converter. The car started up for the first time about a month ago but it will not idle correctly. If I give it gas, it's fine. As soon as I let off the gas petal, it dies. So, we've still got some work ahead of us.

In the mean time, I've been working hard on getting the other things in order for the interior. I've COMPLETELY gutted the interior and the only thing that remains is a steering wheel, steering column and a dash..haha. Everything else is GUTTED down to the bare metal. My sound dampening material should arrive this week and I have begun purchasing the first parts of my new sound system (which should absolutely rock).. LOL. Two 10" subwoofers never sounded sooooooooo loud! My rear seat will not be put back in so I had my two front seats, my headliner, door panels and sun visors all re-upholstered. It looks really nice. Since the interior will be brand new (and brand new colors), I will have my tan stuff up for sale (if anyone needs tan interior parts).

The exterior just absolutely sucks. It was vandalized a few years ago while it was in the shop.. LOL. Anyone know a GOOOOD but very reasonably priced paint and body guy (or gal if that applies)? Hopefully I will get a chance to run into some of you guys soon!
Old 06-29-2008, 09:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mmorrison09
You better throw an auto in there if your gonna race him at the track.
I'll need better tires too....
Old 06-29-2008, 09:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Sounds like a cool project.

Noah's in S. Arlington did decent body work on my car and they are reasonable. It isn't show quality, but it isn't Maaco either.

Originally Posted by officermartinez
Just found LS1tech a few days ago, while looking for a double din bezel for my 1995 Formula Bird.. After taking a look around here, it sounds like I have a new forum to read! I live (and work) in Fort Worth. Not sure when my car will be "operational" but it's being worked on as we speak. My wife and I passed RIGHT BY the Hooters a few hours ago, on our way to Petsmart and Chipotle (on Bryant Irvin Rd).

My car was sent off to be a project built over 3 years ago and its been a long and painful process.. haha. Cops just don't make much money. So, a little here.. a little there.. 3+ years later, I have a "balanced and blue-printed" 355cid LT1. It's "supposed" to be about a 400HP LT1 and I have an additional 200HP Cold Fusion Wet Nitrous Kit, just sitting here next to me.

My 4L60E has been completely re-done and I am told that it should handle up to 700 HP (we shall see), matted to an Edge racing 3000 stall converter. The car started up for the first time about a month ago but it will not idle correctly. If I give it gas, it's fine. As soon as I let off the gas petal, it dies. So, we've still got some work ahead of us.

In the mean time, I've been working hard on getting the other things in order for the interior. I've COMPLETELY gutted the interior and the only thing that remains is a steering wheel, steering column and a dash..haha. Everything else is GUTTED down to the bare metal. My sound dampening material should arrive this week and I have begun purchasing the first parts of my new sound system (which should absolutely rock).. LOL. Two 10" subwoofers never sounded sooooooooo loud! My rear seat will not be put back in so I had my two front seats, my headliner, door panels and sun visors all re-upholstered. It looks really nice. Since the interior will be brand new (and brand new colors), I will have my tan stuff up for sale (if anyone needs tan interior parts).

The exterior just absolutely sucks. It was vandalized a few years ago while it was in the shop.. LOL. Anyone know a GOOOOD but very reasonably priced paint and body guy (or gal if that applies)? Hopefully I will get a chance to run into some of you guys soon!
Old 06-29-2008, 09:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Greed4Speed
Sounds like a cool project.

Noah's in S. Arlington did decent body work on my car and they are reasonable. It isn't show quality, but it isn't Maaco either.
Got it.. Noah's. Thanks!
Old 06-29-2008, 09:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Back in high school I had a 64 bug that I completely gutted and rebuilt.

I learned enough to know I don't care to do that again.

Well, not unless I have another car to drive and a nice shop to work in.
Old 06-29-2008, 09:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Greed4Speed
Back in high school I had a 64 bug that I completely gutted and rebuilt.

I learned enough to know I don't care to do that again.

Well, not unless I have another car to drive and a nice shop to work in.
I feel your pain!!!
Old 06-30-2008, 12:08 AM
On The Tree

I feel your pain!!!
welcome to the site sir!
Old 06-30-2008, 10:25 AM
On The Tree

I feel your pain!!!
Welcome to the site...now I'm going to start a list of cars, if pulled over, that should be let go with a warning. HA HA, j/k. Glad to have you man.
Old 06-30-2008, 10:30 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by john.s
welcome to the site sir!
Originally Posted by PatriotT/A
Welcome to the site...now I'm going to start a list of cars, if pulled over, that should be let go with a warning. HA HA, j/k. Glad to have you man.
Thanks guys! LMAO, I thought that list already existed. If so, put my name on it too!!! ..haha!!!
Old 06-30-2008, 12:53 PM
10 Second Club

Thanks guys! LMAO, I thought that list already existed. If so, put my name on it too!!! ..haha!!!

The list basically reads:

Any cammed LS1 base vehicle with a spirited driver.
Old 06-30-2008, 01:03 PM
Banned

Location: Putting my feet in your couch, cause thats how im living

those vids were halarious. I was laughing so hard. Good kill Mike.

I make myself laugh.
Old 06-30-2008, 03:56 PM
On The Tree

Do you find them hilarious, b/c the only other option would be to cry?
Old 06-30-2008, 06:04 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by What a Rush
those vids were halarious. I was laughing so hard. Good kill Mike.

I make myself laugh.

LOL You better hope the o2's and spray do the job next time
If I drag you while your spraying I would just drive that car into a wall
Old 07-01-2008, 09:01 AM
Banned

Location: Putting my feet in your couch, cause thats how im living

I dont need spray. I just need a reason to push the gas more, on my flip flops. LOL
Old 07-01-2008, 11:56 AM
10 Second Club

Unhappy

Originally Posted by Overboosted
where'd the video go Patrick?
Old 07-01-2008, 02:14 PM
Staging Lane

Dunno???