Midnight 1320 Hosted by HPD

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2008, 11:01 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good luck with the event guys. I am going to be out of town. Take some good vids/pics!
Old 06-24-2008, 12:18 PM
10 Second Club

Hennessey?

Baytown it is.
Old 06-24-2008, 12:26 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Cobra Commander
Hennessey?

Baytown it is.
We don't need this kind of super gayness. If you can't post something positive then.....go hang with the slow people.
Old 06-24-2008, 11:24 PM
Banned

People saying its cheaper street racing obviously don't have that much experience at it. Its cheap until you get caught, then it can get quite expensive...

Plus, if you are any good at it, you can make some side bets (at the track) to cover your costs and even make money
Old 06-25-2008, 07:09 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 7420NW7TH
People saying its cheaper street racing obviously don't have that much experience at it. Its cheap until you get caught, then it can get quite expensive...

Plus, if you are any good at it, you can make some side bets (at the track) to cover your costs and even make money
BINGO! We have a winner! Very well said thank you.

Guys focus on the positive goals of this event and not the cost. I know with a lot of the things going on in the world today, gas $, and elections....ext. However we hope to see those that can make it out there having some fun.

Thank you LS1Techers!
Old 06-25-2008, 08:54 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by xtc4us
We don't need this kind of super gayness. If you can't post something positive then.....go hang with the slow people.
xtc4us.. Last time I checked Hennessey or HPD is not sponsor on hear, So a persons opinion can be expressed. I think it's a good idea what your doing and your right 25.00 is a hell of alot cheaper than getting busted. I have nothing against HPD I think it's a very informative site.

But Lonestar/Hennessey has ripped many of us off, You say we don't need this kind of super gayness but you tell the guy to go hang with the slow people?? Not a very nice way to keep your thread clean.

Now back on the subject at hand, It is a great idea and has my support, If you think it could become a monthly deal that would be excellent. As stated above we need a safe place to play, It's always the innocent people that get hurt.

Marc

Last edited by Paper-or-plastic?; 06-25-2008 at 09:00 AM.
Old 06-25-2008, 09:22 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Paper-or-plastic?
xtc4us.. Last time I checked Hennessey or HPD is not sponsor on hear, So a persons opinion can be expressed. I think it's a good idea what your doing and your right 25.00 is a hell of alot cheaper than getting busted. I have nothing against HPD I think it's a very informative site.

But Lonestar/Hennessey has ripped many of us off, You say we don't need this kind of super gayness but you tell the guy to go hang with the slow people?? Not very nice way to keep your thread clean.

Now back on the subject at hand, It is a great idea and has my support, If you think it could become a monthly deal that would be excellent. As stated above we need a safe place to play, It's always the innocent people that get hurt.

Marc

Marc,

I hope to see you and your friends out there, if not I completely understand your views and apologize for it being at Sealy.

Our last event (Judgment Day) had over 85 drag racers and nearly 350 spectators. I know this event wont bring that many because of the time its going to be taken place and those who dont want to make the long drive home at 3am! But I can promise you it will be fun for everyone who does show up!

Take care brother
G

Last edited by G-Z06; 07-10-2008 at 09:19 PM.
Old 06-25-2008, 09:33 AM
Teching In

Garret,

Thanks for an intelligent response, Myself and a couple of friends will attend because of your kindness. Again a great idea and I'll spread the word on your event in my neck of the woods.
Old 06-25-2008, 10:49 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Paper-or-plastic?

But Lonestar/Hennessey has ripped many of us off, You say we don't need this kind of super gayness but you tell the guy to go hang with the slow people?? Not a very nice way to keep your thread clean.

Marc

Marc,

Sometimes is our hard work to get these events up and running with no paycheck can really be a super challenge. It's simple passion for motorsports that drives me to help HPD with these events for you. That being said when negative comments are made with no explanation/or old news* I can be a keyboard ninja true. Agreed that people are of course entitled to their 2 cents. It's just sad someone has to do it inside our event thread.

Also trying to do the right thing (getting street racers to the track) and show them the track can be a fun/safe/no jail time place. While receiving flack over way old BS. It gets under my skin a bit. However this is the net and this is the way the game is played.

Thank you Garret for your wise words always keeping me in check.

Note: how do you think I got my call-sign. XTC 4 US means....Happiness and good times for all of us/you. So when people bring the negative waves.....I react.

Lets move past the J.H. stuff and concentrate on making this city safe for racers. Maybe even save a few lives in the process.

Thanks for all your support LS1TECH.

T.
Old 06-26-2008, 09:41 AM
Launching!

I talked to John.

If anyone wants to check out the new Dodge Challenger SRT8, it should be out there.

If its not at a car and driver shoot, we are going to take people for test rides.

the new Challenger looks incredible in black in person. we took delivery of ours earlier today. if you are into retro / modern muscle cars, this car really has the right look with all the modern performance and conveniences.

also, as expected, it laid down some solid dyno numbers at 365 rw hp on a motor with just 15 miles.

i will post a few more pics and a dyno video soon.
Some pretty good numbers for stock as well
Old 06-26-2008, 10:17 AM
Launching!

They are pretty nasty a friend of the family picked one up.
Old 06-26-2008, 02:01 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by xtc4us
Kill yourself.
Old 06-26-2008, 04:59 PM
Launching!

Lets stay on track guys!

Cobra hope you can think twice about coming out, would like to see that badass Trans Am launch!
Old 06-26-2008, 09:27 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by G-Z06
Lets stay on track guys!

Cobra hope you can think twice about coming out, would like to see that badass Trans Am launch!
If it were at HRP I'd go. I will not contribute to Hennessey in any way.
Old 06-27-2008, 08:56 AM
Launching!

If it were at HRP I'd go. I will not contribute to Hennessey in any way.
Sorry to hear that,

We are going to try to setup an event at HRP sometime in the near future for all the southside members.

I will keep you guys posted.

Be safe out there!
G
Old 06-30-2008, 05:36 PM
12 Second Club

I have delt with John H. and he's been very good to deal with. Last year i helped set up a V6 shoot out and he accomodated us with giving us the priority to the track. We all paid regular entrance fees.

In short the guy is trying. We are not all perfect.

I'll try to make it out with the V6, we'll see when Bryan @ LME finishes the engine. Otherwise i'll come in the vet, i'd like to run it and see how well it runs

Thanks for putting this on Garrett. We need a lot more events like this and hopefully it'll reduce some of the street racing....
Old 07-01-2008, 07:07 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by G-Z06
Sorry to hear that,

We are going to try to setup an event at HRP sometime in the near future for all the southside members.

I will keep you guys posted.

Be safe out there!
G
Between all the lawsuits and his own posts, I don't know how anybody up to speed on the history can throw a dime his way. I understand delays and whatnot, but that much bad press, especially when Autoweek covers it, doesn't just come out of nowhere. Some things just can't be forgiven.
Old 07-02-2008, 01:34 AM
On The Tree

Between all the lawsuits and his own posts, I don't know how anybody up to speed on the history can throw a dime his way. I understand delays and whatnot, but that much bad press, especially when Autoweek covers it, doesn't just come out of nowhere. Some things just can't be forgiven.
what happend?
Old 07-02-2008, 07:09 AM
Teching In

Which was over 6 years ago......get over it. Get the sand out of your vagina and move on. Stop trying to black ball this event and everything we are trying to do because you don't like the track owner. John's cars have been smoking all the shops/tuners is the high HP shootouts in the same mags. He has really made some positive strides reshaping the Hennessey name.

Go start a new thread or something is all you want to do is complain......don't cry about it here.

XOXO!
Old 07-02-2008, 03:02 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by camAro242
what happend?
read this

http://www.automotivehelper.com/topic39700.htm