Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 02:25 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Midnight 1320 Hosted by HPD

Linking from HPD website
Link: http://houstonperformancedriving.com...ad.php?t=31191

S! Houston Area Race Fans!

H.P.D. (Houston Performance Driving) in conjunction with Performance Driving Network. Proudly presents one of the most fun filled racing events of the Summer. Midnight 1320* "Where only your skills and moon will guide you to victory"!

I. Outline:

- What is Midnight 1320?

Lately street racing has become a big issue in Houston, with fatality's and the real HPD cracking down on this illegal activity, Houston Performance Driving is stepping up to the plate to take "racing" to the track that is fun and legal for everyone involved. Spectators and Racers alike will have the feel of a heads up street race minus a staging tree and replaced with a bystander flagging them down to begin the race. The idea is even getting thrown around of delighting the track to complete the atmosphere we are shooting for.

With the help of John Hennessey and Lonestar Motorsports Park (LMP)this event could really shine a new light and help Houston streets by taking these illegal activity's off the public roads and to move them to a secure environment. People of all ages can enjoy the rush without the harm and consequences of hurting or even killing someone.

II. Racing:

- Teching in and Staging?

HPD Staff will be with you every step of the way to get racers pointed in the right direction. Once you are teched in up front and ready to race. Please move around to the staging lanes where HPD staff will be funneling you on the drag strip. You will be paired up with another car/truck for your run. If you have a grudge match or friend you wish to race. Please inform the HPD staff member in the staging lanes to place you in line. The staff will do all it can to accommodate the racers requests. However, HPD and LMP staff will have final say in all matters.

- Setting up?

Once you have been staged in line roll onto the track. HPD staff will have someone working the water boxes. There is room to roll around the boxes if needed.

After your burnout please pull up to the staging box as setting up the 1/4m.. The fallger will ask you "ready"?! The driver must give a signal that he/she is ready before the flagger will ask the next driver. Once both racers are ready* the flagger will raise his arms high. When the flagger drops his arms you are all clear for launch. The tree will be set for instant green. So once you launch your time starts. Please pick up your time slip at the shack on your return. Remember time slips in Midnight 1320 are just for fun.

- Winners?

This will be 1/4 mile run. There will be staff with stoplights or some kind of signaling device to inform the staff/spectators of the winner. There maybe some really close finishes with the grudge matches. Staff notification of the winner will not be disputed.

III. Midnight 1320* Information:

When: July 12th, 2008 (Saturday).
Where: Lonestar Motorsports Park (Sealy).
Track Link:
Time: Gates open @ 9PM! Racing starts @ 10PM! Racing ends when we are done!
Cost: Racers = $25.00 and Spectators = $10.00

V. Mission:

Houston Performance Drivings mission is to bring all the race crews, independents, and shops together for a different kind of track night* with a street racing theme. Please understand that HPD is NOT* a car club! It is simply a forum where people with a passion for performance driving can go to find out what activities are happening in their area.

This event is open to anyone and everyone! From the 9 sec trailer queens to the 14 sec Yahoos. There should be a great mix of cars and trucks. Such as Vipers, C5, C6s, Z06s, Z28s, SSs, Mustangs, Saleens, Cobras, Lightnings, SRT 4s, 6s, 8s, 10s, P-Cars, M3s, M5, M6s, Mercedes AMGs, WRXs, STIs, EVOs, Supras, 350 Zs, G35/37s, Hondas, Imports and Domestics! 100% open to anyone who enjoys the street racing lifestyle. Join us!

VI. Questions or Concerns:

Please PM Garret Oliphant (G-Z06) or Troy Dixon (xtc4us) if you have any questions about Midnight 1320*.

- This Midnight 1320 event is a test run for future planing. HPD hopes that with a success, we can get surround law enforcement agencies to bring out their high-end interceptors. Such has SSs, Mustangs, Impalas, and others. This will bridge the gap between the fuzz and racers.

- Also bracket racing with cash pay out will be implanted inside the event structure. This will help add to the street racer lifestyle aspect.

- HPD will advertise this event in Dallas, Austin, and San Antonio to bring more racers to the event.

This event has some serious potential for a track event unlike anything Houston has seen before. Join us and help make it happen!

Thank you.

HPD Staff.

I will be there with my brothers trans am and my z28, Hope to see some of yall there!

Last edited by camAro242; 07-11-2008 at 12:52 PM.
Old 06-23-2008, 02:27 PM
TECH Addict

It's cheaper to street race. lol.
Old 06-23-2008, 02:50 PM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Shackleford
No ****. Rather go to baytown.
Old 06-23-2008, 02:52 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ZONES89RS
No ****. Rather go to baytown.
Plus, the gas just to get there and back. lol.
Old 06-23-2008, 02:54 PM
On The Tree

that is true but i was just posting it up for the guys around the west side of houston
Old 06-23-2008, 03:04 PM
Teching In

Thank you for posting this on LS1TECH. I'll see if we can get this stickied up at the top.

- Can we please stay on topic? Thank you.

HPD Staff.
Old 06-23-2008, 03:10 PM
Teching In

Will there be a tech inspection and NHRA safety rules enforced ?
Old 06-23-2008, 03:48 PM
Launching!

Thank you for posting this up

That being said,

Shackleford: You are right. You can street race on the roads of Houston all night long for free. If you are confident and want to do that, No one is stopping you.

Whats the point of this event?

Its simple: We want to create a fun atmosphere for people to enjoy and an event we can hold at night to eliminate standing in the Houston heat all day long.

We figured why not make this an event where we have payouts and try to create something that is different from the normal track days we are all used to going too.

IE: Why not use a "street racing theme"

The post you made is a perfect example of what we are trying to eliminate and break away from.

Street racing is a big deal here in Houston. Yes we all do it, Yes we have all done it. But in time it will catch up to everyone of us.

- You and I both know its dangerous there are there are big risk invovled.

So is it worth $25 to race at a track where safety is on site and you eliminate the chance of killing an innocent bystander?

Thats something you can only ask yourself, but all we can do is give you that option.

I hope to see you out there I can promise you it will be a good time.

ZONES89RS: Baytown, excellent track no question. One of the best in the Country.

Come to an event hosted by us at Lonestar and I can Guarantee you excellent preptrack.

Day or night.

Blake: Yes there will be teching in, and lonestar employees will over look your vehicle for your safety and the safety of others.

NHRA Rules enforced?

Use good judgment when racing.

- If you have a prostreet 7sec car, I would hope you have the right safety equipment that would be used at any track in the US.

- All drivers will have to have a helmet to race.

The track will have Safety officials (Sealy Fire and rescue) on site to assist if an something may occur.

I hope you come out and have a good time.
Old 06-23-2008, 03:50 PM
Banned

Location: Putting my feet in your couch, cause thats how im living

25 bucks to race.

Well it sounds like you guys are really trying to do a good thing. And I hope it works out for you guys down south.

Zach at LSM
Old 06-23-2008, 03:52 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by What a Rush
25 bucks to race.

Well it sounds like you guys are really trying to do a good thing. And I hope it works out for you guys down south.

Zach at LSM
Thanks Zach!
Old 06-23-2008, 06:26 PM
TECH Regular

Next time you guys get caught street racing and (if your lucky just get a ticket) or get thrown in the slammer and your car impounded the $25 won't seem like such a big deal!

J
Old 06-23-2008, 08:34 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by G-Z06

NHRA Rules enforced?
I'm not sure if was clear with my question, but i was referring to these rules.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/drag-racing-tech/880990-what-do-i-need-safety-requirements-nhra-rollbar-rollcage-harness-etc.html

More specifically, if I spray I'll break 11.5 and I don't have a cage or a fire suit. I plan on being there regardless, just wondering if I should leave the bottle home.
Old 06-23-2008, 09:15 PM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

****, i didnt even think of that...
Old 06-23-2008, 10:06 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by THE BLACK WIDOW
Next time you guys get caught street racing and (if your lucky just get a ticket) or get thrown in the slammer and your car impounded the $25 won't seem like such a big deal!

J
Old 06-23-2008, 11:02 PM
TECH Addict

J
Oh, I stopped street racing awhile back. I'm literally scared to street race.
Old 06-23-2008, 11:03 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by G-Z06
Thank you for posting this up

That being said,

Shackleford: You are right. You can street race on the roads of Houston all night long for free. If you are confident and want to do that, No one is stopping you.

Whats the point of this event?

Its simple: We want to create a fun atmosphere for people to enjoy and an event we can hold at night to eliminate standing in the Houston heat all day long.

We figured why not make this an event where we have payouts and try to create something that is different from the normal track days we are all used to going too.

IE: Why not use a "street racing theme"

The post you made is a perfect example of what we are trying to eliminate and break away from.

Street racing is a big deal here in Houston. Yes we all do it, Yes we have all done it. But in time it will catch up to everyone of us.

- You and I both know its dangerous there are there are big risk invovled.

So is it worth $25 to race at a track where safety is on site and you eliminate the chance of killing an innocent bystander?

Thats something you can only ask yourself, but all we can do is give you that option.

I hope to see you out there I can promise you it will be a good time.

ZONES89RS: Baytown, excellent track no question. One of the best in the Country.

Come to an event hosted by us at Lonestar and I can Guarantee you excellent preptrack.

Day or night.

Blake: Yes there will be teching in, and lonestar employees will over look your vehicle for your safety and the safety of others.

NHRA Rules enforced?

Use good judgment when racing.

- If you have a prostreet 7sec car, I would hope you have the right safety equipment that would be used at any track in the US.

- All drivers will have to have a helmet to race.

The track will have Safety officials (Sealy Fire and rescue) on site to assist if an something may occur.

I hope you come out and have a good time.
Yes, I know. I was just making a poignant observation. I'd really like to go to a track, but they're both far away from me. I'm like almost in the middle of both.
Old 06-24-2008, 09:37 AM
Staging Lane

J

A few seconds of "reckless driving" and I could have gone to the track 160 times for the same price!
Old 06-24-2008, 09:47 AM
Teching In

I think this is a good idea. Its something to do especially in Houston since there arent too many G2G.
Old 06-24-2008, 10:29 AM

As someone who has made the mistake of street racing and killed two innocent people, I would almost beg you to think twice about it and take a better "road".

-Justin
Old 06-24-2008, 10:39 AM
Launching!

Thank you for all the good input guys.

Chicken pm sent