Anyone here know a way around community service?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2008, 11:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dont do the crime if you can't do the time
Old 06-25-2008, 01:06 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well... I was in the same situation. I have a friend I paid $60 a day to go do my community service for me. all they asked for was my probation officer's name my DOB and my name on a sign in sheet in the morning. I had him write this down and put it in his pocket as well as recite it to make sure he had it. he successfully completed 36 hours for me no problems. this was also in williamson county
Old 06-25-2008, 06:59 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by atxz/28maro
well... I was in the same situation. I have a friend I paid $60 a day to go do my community service for me. all they asked for was my probation officer's name my DOB and my name on a sign in sheet in the morning. I had him write this down and put it in his pocket as well as recite it to make sure he had it. he successfully completed 36 hours for me no problems. this was also in williamson county

Wish i had a friend who would do that. All my friends now have professional jobs like me. Only if i was a teen again this would be soo much easier.
Old 06-25-2008, 07:27 AM
12 Second Club

Just got off the phone with my lawyer and he said just tell her you need an extension because if not i can lose my job. If not then my lawyer told me i can just go to the judge.

He said that they just try to scare you with that stuff. And if anything comes bad out of it. the lawyer will be by my side in court about it. He told me that you are able to spread it thoughout ur PB time.
Old 06-25-2008, 07:57 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by crAzy95Z28
Just got off the phone with my lawyer and he said just tell her you need an extension because if not i can lose my job. If not then my lawyer told me i can just go to the judge.

He said that they just try to scare you with that stuff. And if anything comes bad out of it. the lawyer will be by my side in court about it. He told me that you are able to spread it thoughout ur PB time.
Dude, just work some Sundays. How hard is that to figure out?
Old 06-25-2008, 11:47 AM
12 Second Club

i figured that but these past few months i have been busy. Thats why i asked for an extension and she turned me down.
Old 06-25-2008, 07:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

You're playing with fire here. I have a friend who is an attorney and he point blank told me, they set you up to fail. Don't think for a second the judge hasn't heard every sob story as to why you didn't do your community service and if he/she is not having a good day, they can revoke your probation and you can go straight to jail.

You need to figure out some way to do that community service as all your hard work won't do you any good when you're in jail for violating probation.
Old 06-25-2008, 07:53 PM
12 Second Club

Dude...
miss a few days of work, or....
serve out a few months in jail...
sounds like a no brainer to me..
I would call in sick for a few days...
you keep saying if you miss work you cant afford the fines, but if you miss the CS you wont be able to go to work anyways cause you will be serving it out in jail...

that will look real good on the resume for the next job,
that you where let go because you had to serve out time in jail..
Old 06-25-2008, 08:37 PM
TECH Regular

They gave you a month and a half to do 24 hours? What county? I did it in Ft. Bend County and they gave me 6 months to do 40 hours. As was said earlier, cant do the time dont do the crime. Either way you are going to do the time on the outside OR the inside. Does your employer know whats going on? If they dont, they are not going to like it when you go to jail. Some judges are lenient if you have completed SOMETHING, you have not done anything. Betta have your lawyer talk to that judge instead of you, that may not be pretty. Everyone on the world has stuff going on (I was a full time student with a job when I was on probation... still got my 40 hours done before the 6 months were up). Its all about motivation.... ie. wanting to stay out of jail.

BTW-How in the hell did you get your case reset for 2 years????????
Old 06-25-2008, 09:30 PM
12 Second Club

yes its fortbend county and actually i have completed my DWI course a month ago and just tonight i finished my impact panel.

So i have been doing what probation has told me, just have not had time for community service yet...

So i have been doing something, instead of doing nothing. It should look good for when i see HER on friday....

I got the charge when i was 20. Nov of 06. I just now got put on PB in May of 08. So roughly a year and half.. I counted it as me being 20 and im almost 23 now. I got the charge one month before my birthday.

Infact i found out tonight i was not suppose to be charged for a DWI since i was under 21. It should of been a DUI.
Old 06-25-2008, 10:24 PM
Texas Director

i found out tonight i was not suppose to be charged for a DWI since i was under 21. It should of been a DUI.
What's the difference?

Don't they both mean you were operating a motor vehicle under the influence?
Old 06-25-2008, 10:51 PM
Staging Lane

If You Cant Afford To Pay... Dont Play.. Simple As That
Old 06-25-2008, 11:59 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

do your ******* time on sundays...don't be a fucktard.
Old 06-26-2008, 07:44 AM
TECH Regular

yes its fortbend county and actually i have completed my DWI course a month ago and just tonight i finished my impact panel.

So i have been doing what probation has told me, just have not had time for community service yet...

So i have been doing something, instead of doing nothing. It should look good for when i see HER on friday....
If you haven't done ANY CS, then you havent been doing that probation has told you. I dont know who your PO is, but the office I went to they were straight up dicks. They told me that I had to do a minimum of 4 hours per week.... I missed the target 1 time and got lucky with a warning, it was the last warning I needed. No way I was going to go to jail for an excuse. So if they told you that, its more like you have failed to do what they told you 4-5 times instead of just 1 for the entire 24 hours. Its a measly 24 hours (met a guy that had something like 200 hours when I was doing my stuff) and it doesnt matter how much work you have to do. You are supposed to inform your employer that you are on probation so that you dont have the excuse of "They didnt let me off work" because *I THINK* they can get in trouble for not letting you do your stuff.

I got the charge when i was 20. Nov of 06. I just now got put on PB in May of 08. So roughly a year and half.. I counted it as me being 20 and im almost 23 now. I got the charge one month before my birthday.

Infact i found out tonight i was not suppose to be charged for a DWI since i was under 21. It should of been a DUI.
When was your final court date? More than likely they will let you off with a warning but its hard to tell. If they gave you the "4 hours per week" order like they did me, things may not be as pleasant.

BTW-who was/is your Judge?
Old 06-26-2008, 11:15 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by DSIM
If you haven't done ANY CS, then you havent been doing that probation has told you. I dont know who your PO is, but the office I went to they were straight up dicks. They told me that I had to do a minimum of 4 hours per week.... I missed the target 1 time and got lucky with a warning, it was the last warning I needed. No way I was going to go to jail for an excuse. So if they told you that, its more like you have failed to do what they told you 4-5 times instead of just 1 for the entire 24 hours. Its a measly 24 hours (met a guy that had something like 200 hours when I was doing my stuff) and it doesnt matter how much work you have to do. You are supposed to inform your employer that you are on probation so that you dont have the excuse of "They didnt let me off work" because *I THINK* they can get in trouble for not letting you do your stuff.

When was your final court date? More than likely they will let you off with a warning but its hard to tell. If they gave you the "4 hours per week" order like they did me, things may not be as pleasant.

BTW-who was/is your Judge?

PO is Ms.BOYD

Judge is lowelry or however you spell her name. Yes its the 4 hours min per week. Which i think is stupid seeing that im on PB for a damn year. I should be able to have everything completed by the end of my PB, not all the 1st ******* month.
Old 06-26-2008, 12:13 PM
TECH Regular

Like someone said... they set you up to fail. You also gotta understand, they deal with real **** bags there... everyone has an excuse for why they cant do what they are told. I am guessing that your DWI class and impact panel were due Friday as well. They are going to look at when you completed those and wonder why you took it easy for 3 weeks and then decided to get stuff done. And like I said, you failed to do what you were told 4-5 times with the lack of 4 hours per week on your CS. The best way to get off of probation is to lay low and get everything done. When you start to pop up on their radar... thats when you get screwed and guess what just happened.

Im not trying to be a dick here, I am just trying to prepare you for what could happen. Odds are it wont, but you never know in Ft Bend. They see it as they told you what you had to do to stay out of jail, you couldnt do that... so in you go. Hopefully your Judge is somewhat nice.

BTW- when was your sentencing date?
Old 06-26-2008, 12:27 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,142 Likes on 742 Posts

Shouldn't leave stuff like this to the last minute, now you need your lawyer probably to intercede.

And just take the time off you can't not do the community service.
Old 06-26-2008, 02:30 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by mmiller
What's the difference?

Don't they both mean you were operating a motor vehicle under the influence?
Not quite, for over 21 you have a legal limit, under 21 it's zero tolerance so any amount you get busted, even if it's just "1" Beer.
Old 06-26-2008, 03:31 PM
12 Second Club

I Did Not Blow When I Was Arrested In My Driveway. I Could Of Had It Dismissed But I Didnt Have 5k To Go To Trial And In The Long Run I End Up Paying Less If I Took The Plea. They Basically Pulled Me Over For Running A Red Light Near My House. The Light Was 200 Ft From My House So I Kept Driving To My House. 3 Cops Pulled Up To My Driveway As I Was Out Of My Car Looking For My Friends Phone.

They Asked Me For Insurance. So On My Way To Get It One Of The Cops Stopped Me And He Said Hed Go Look For It. At This Time I Was Like Wtf? Ok Whatever. Then Another Cop Asked If I Had Been Drinking Several Times As I Said No, No And No. They Tried To Do A Field Sobreity Test On Me In My Driveway Which Isnt Exactly Level. (neil You Know, Youve Been To My House A While Back) Anyways After That They Asked For Me To Blow I Refused. Then As The Cop Was Looking For My Car He Found A Open Bottle Of Whiskey Under My Seat Behind Me Out Of My Reach.

They Were Dicks And New Also. So They Gave Me The Worst Possible.

Sorry For Caps. I Need Them On For Work.
Old 06-26-2008, 03:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

I'm not understanding the comment "they set you up to fail"

So is that comment suggesting that after being caught drinking and driving, you should be entitled to live a normal life like other law abiding citizens? And before it's said, no I'm not perfect either....but if someone is caught doing something wrong, I would hope they would feel some kind of consequences so they won't do it again.

40 hours in 6 months.....24 hours in 2 months? That doesn't seem difficult at all. Put in a half hour each weekday for 2 months and you're almost to your 24 hours....you could have easily done this on your lunch break.

Is work forcing you to do 60 hours a week or are you volunteering for overtime? I have no advice to give you...no offense, but I have absolutely no pity on your situation.

Quick Reply: Anyone here know a way around community service?