Anyone here know a way around community service?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2008, 08:13 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anyone here know a way around community service?

Reason is i barely have time to do it. I work 60 hours a week including sat and the place that is nearest to me closes at 5 during the week. Im still at work til about 7.

I had asked my probation officer if i could get an extension on community service and she said "NO" in a rude voice. I only have 24 hours but hell its hard to even get near to trying to do that. Plus she expects me to take off work where i WONT get paid and yet they want me to pay out the wazoo for probation fines. To them its like a win/win situation to where im in a lose/lose situation. My hours are due at the end of this month. All 24 to be exact and i have no way to get those hours done.

2 years ago i was stupid and was drinkig and driving and now i have to pay. But during those years i got my degree and am working at one of the top engineering businesses. So i cant really mess that up.

So if you know anyway around it cause if not i think they will revoke my probation and prob go to jail! Could i possibly see the judge and ask for one? Also im on probation for ayear and i dont see why i cant complete it within that time range. Instead of all in 1 month.... Dont understand...

Any ideas please PM me..

Thanks
Old 06-24-2008, 08:27 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by crAzy95Z28
Reason is i barely have time to do it. I work 60 hours a week including sat and the place that is nearest to me closes at 5 during the week. Im still at work til about 7.

I had asked my probation officer if i could get an extension on community service and she said "NO" in a rude voice. I only have 24 hours but hell its hard to even get near to trying to do that. Plus she expects me to take off work where i WONT get paid and yet they want me to pay out the wazoo for probation fines. To them its like a win/win situation to where im in a lose/lose situation. My hours are due at the end of this month. All 24 to be exact and i have no way to get those hours done.

2 years ago i was stupid and was drinkig and driving and now i have to pay. But during those years i got my degree and am working at one of the top engineering businesses. So i cant really mess that up.

So if you know anyway around it cause if not i think they will revoke my probation and prob go to jail! Could i possibly see the judge and ask for one? Also im on probation for ayear and i dont see why i cant complete it within that time range. Instead of all in 1 month.... Dont understand...

Any ideas please PM me..

Thanks
Get a lawyer? Talk to the judge? Both?
Old 06-24-2008, 08:29 PM
12 Second Club

Already have a lawyer. Tried calling him today but he didnt answer. Ill call him tom.
Old 06-24-2008, 08:32 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Try to find a different place to do it at on like a Sunday and nights. Can it be any where or do you have a list?
Old 06-24-2008, 08:34 PM
12 Second Club

They gave me a paper showing a place near me. Thehn when i go there i sign in. Then they give that to the probation officers... Was there when i was a teen, but then i had time to do it.
Old 06-24-2008, 08:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm currently on probation too, so don't feel alone. Cant wait to be done, 4 more months. Good luck.
Old 06-24-2008, 08:37 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by crAzy95Z28
They gave me a paper showing a place near me. Thehn when i go there i sign in. Then they give that to the probation officers... Was there when i was a teen, but then i had time to do it.
yeah, try and work some other place out, I dont think they will let you out of it. But I mean theres lots of places, churches, soup kitchens, etc.
Old 06-24-2008, 08:48 PM
12 Second Club

But do you think they stay open late... but hell. I have 24 hours due friday at 11:30am
Old 06-24-2008, 08:51 PM
Teching In

easiest way around?

Mess around with a firefighter and get them to sign off on your hours saying you helped at a fire station. (mess around i mean sex. And you have to be good at it. Just to clarify)

Didnt hear that from me.
Old 06-24-2008, 08:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Get off of work and get it over with. I dont think it will sit well if you haven't completed any time at all. From my experience, these people dont play. Call in sick if you have too.
Old 06-24-2008, 08:57 PM
12 Second Club

If i take time off then i wont have money to pay them fees. Which will then be another violation

See they are in a win/win and im in a lose/lose
Old 06-24-2008, 08:58 PM
Launching!

in 2 years you couldnt come up with 24 hours? you must be really busy!!!
Old 06-24-2008, 09:01 PM
12 Second Club

no dude...2 years ago i got in trouble and i just got on PB in May. But i have started working before then.
Old 06-24-2008, 09:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You dont have any kind of paid time off? I got 15 vacation days, 20 sick days, 10 Holidays, 3 Floating holidays, 5 personal days per year.

Im just saying, if you could at least do some of the time so some sort of effort and attempt could be noticed.
Old 06-24-2008, 09:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

shoulda got a better lawyer.
Old 06-24-2008, 09:48 PM
Teching In

Go to jail ... I'm guessing you got the community service in lieu of jail time tell the judge you dont have time and see if you can trade it in for some scheduled jail time. I used to date a cop and she said they had several regulars that were serving several months in jail by showing up on Friday night with a stack of books and staying the weekend. DONE PROBLEM SOLVED... Next question?
Old 06-24-2008, 10:26 PM
12 Second Club

lol why would i want to go to jail? I work on saturdays also.
Old 06-24-2008, 10:48 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Elkyman72
Go to jail ... I'm guessing you got the community service in lieu of jail time tell the judge you dont have time and see if you can trade it in for some scheduled jail time. I used to date a cop and she said they had several regulars that were serving several months in jail by showing up on Friday night with a stack of books and staying the weekend. DONE PROBLEM SOLVED... Next question?
they were going to do that to my grandfather for contempt of court after his divorce.

30 days of jail to be served from Friday at 7pm to sunday at 7pm
Old 06-24-2008, 11:13 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

why would you wait until less than a week before your time is due to ask this question? you should have asked this back in May when you first got probation so you would have had more time to consider your options based on any advice people here gave you......

at this point, it sounds like you may be up the creek without a paddle.

you'll either need to talk to your lawyer to see what he can come up with, take some paid vacation time at work to go do your community service and still have the money to pay the fines, or if you don't have any paid time off, just make up the fees/community service with time in jail and eat the days off that you'll have to take off of work.....not really a whole lot of options at this point.

not to sound like an ***, but it sounds like you maybe should have thought of the consequences of drinking & driving 2 years ago before you got busted for it.....TX doesn't play around any more with that stuff, as you're finding out.....
Old 06-24-2008, 11:50 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 02Z28LS1
TX doesn't play around any more with that stuff, as you're finding out.....
Or street racing.

Quick Reply: Anyone here know a way around community service?