Anyone here know a way around community service?

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 04:13 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Forced. Plus The Place That I Would Go To Only Allows At Least 4 Hours To Be Done. No Less. So I Couldnt Go There For Half An Hour And Then Leave.
Old 06-26-2008, 04:14 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by the right formula
I'm not understanding the comment "they set you up to fail"
Deferred or Probation is meant for people that want to stay out of jail.... like me. I jumped thru some crazy hoops with school and work when I was on it, but it was worth it. I was on deferred for 1 year and got everything done in less than 6 months. As a result of that I got my probation terminated early and just in time as I had a job opportunity in Dallas. Those that have problems or dont complete stuff usually get a second chance but with time added to their probation (just ask a friend of mine). They make it hard for a reason, if you want to stay out of jail you will do anything to do so. If you screw around and not take care of your business then they make it more difficult on you.
Old 06-26-2008, 04:17 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by crAzy95Z28
Forced. Plus The Place That I Would Go To Only Allows At Least 4 Hours To Be Done. No Less. So I Couldnt Go There For Half An Hour And Then Leave.

They should have a list of places that you can go to. I went to the YMCA off of Fondren and Braeswood and you could stay for 10 min or 4 hours. In the end, its your fault for not attempting to find someplace that fit your schedule.
Old 06-26-2008, 04:51 PM
12 Second Club

Well Did Yall Not See That I Have Attempted To Get My Probation Done By Completeing Both Of My Dwi Classes. That Should Show Some Sort Of Motivation Towards Pb Right?
Old 06-26-2008, 05:00 PM
TECH Regular

Depends on the PO/Judge. They may see it as progress or they may see it as you got better things to do than CS.... only you know them.
Old 06-26-2008, 05:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I had probation in Ft Bend, I did all my CS on Saturdays 8 hours a week. Three weekends straight and I was done and it was cake. Folded cloths at some donation place and put together bikes for kids, washed firetrucks, mowed some grass and raked leaves at the court house.

Your community service should come before anything else on the weekends. Judge won't care if you did your DWI class and victim impact panel, your supposed to.
Old 06-26-2008, 05:56 PM
Teching In

i dont know what county your in but in parker you can pay them off

yall aint the only ones i will be off probation in " 2015"
Old 06-26-2008, 06:09 PM
TECH Addict

I dont know if it was brought up, as I dont care to read three pages of posts. But you can, depending on county, usually get credit for hours by turning in scrap metal to a recycling center. Then giving your prob. officer the receipt and money. We just knocked out like 160 hours for about 1500 lbs. of steel.
Old 06-27-2008, 10:19 AM
Launching!

I was in your shoes. My probation officer let me donate blood for like 20 hours. I also kept score at a girls softball tornament and each hour counted double. then I donated sodas to the citys graffiti wipe out program, for each 10 dollar spent they gave me one hour so i bought 100 dollars worth of sodas. Ask about doble time areas you could go to.
Old 06-27-2008, 10:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

its already too late for the OP.... hopefully he chimes in today after court
Old 06-27-2008, 02:38 PM
12 Second Club

Well She Said I Have To Have All 24 Hours Done By The 18th Of July. I Told Her I Can Try My Best But Not Too Sure I Can Get All Those Done By Then. As I Have To Go To Las Vegas For My Job For A Project Next Thursday-wednesday. That Leaves Me Short Some Hours. She Also Said If They Are Not Done She Will Make Me Spend The Rest In Jail Over The Weekend. I Told This To My Lawyer And He Laughed At That And Said They Do Not Have The Authority To Do So. Plus They Would Have To Issure A Warrant. Other Than That..................called The Lawyer And He Said Try To Get As Much As Done As Possible So It Shows Ur Are Trying.

So Ill Let You Know What Happens On The 18th Of July.
Old 06-27-2008, 02:51 PM
Teching In

bye!
Old 06-27-2008, 03:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

at least it's Ft Bend County, give you a chance to catch up on sleep.
Old 06-27-2008, 03:39 PM
TECH Regular

Well She Said I Have To Have All 24 Hours Done By The 18th Of July. I Told Her I Can Try My Best But Not Too Sure I Can Get All Those Done By Then. As I Have To Go To Las Vegas For My Job For A Project Next Thursday-wednesday. That Leaves Me Short Some Hours. She Also Said If They Are Not Done She Will Make Me Spend The Rest In Jail Over The Weekend. I Told This To My Lawyer And He Laughed At That And Said They Do Not Have The Authority To Do So. Plus They Would Have To Issure A Warrant. Other Than That..................called The Lawyer And He Said Try To Get As Much As Done As Possible So It Shows Ur Are Trying.

You might want to get a new lawyer, that dude is setting you up for failure for more $$$. Probation officers have a lot more power than you think. If they want to revoke your probation or change something all they have to do is send a nice letter to the DA, DA talks to the Judge, Judge yanks your ***. It really is that easy to get a warrant set up and you in jail. The PO is the Judges eyes and ears on you, if the PO makes a recommendation 99% of the time the Judge is going to follow it. You are lucky that she said all you would have to do is finish your CS hours in jail instead of defaulting to your actual conviction time as you would be violating your probation orders.

BTW- how are you going to go to Las Vegas? When I was on probation I could not leave Ft. Bend and Harris County. Better not get caught without a travel permit from your PO.....
Old 06-27-2008, 03:40 PM
Staging Lane

I guarantee you will want those hours completed by the 18th. Who is your judge? Cannata maybe? Try a fire station/police station near you. A few around Katy will let you wash vehicles for CS hours. Maybe an animal shelter or library.

The last person I dealt with who could not find time to do his hours was given plenty of time to complete them. Trust me on this.
Old 06-27-2008, 03:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

All you have to do is go to the office in Rosenberg on sat or sun early and they will tell you where to go, always easy work. They should have giving you a sheet with all the places to go. your lawyer is going to get you in deep **** unless your paying another fat chunk of change to him.
Old 06-27-2008, 04:27 PM
12 Second Club

The judge is Lowlry or however you spell it. I already told her i was traveling. She said ok. Only time i need to tell her im leaving is if out of state. Its work taking me there so its a must.

Ill have the majority of the hours complete by then just prob not all.
Old 06-30-2008, 09:14 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Get your time done...at night if you have to. All you are doing is wasting tax money and wasting your own money on lawyer's fees.

Quick Reply: Anyone here know a way around community service?