9.60@140 N/A, Pump Gas, Stock PCM.

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2008, 11:43 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ratchthed
Congratulations Arvil, Becky, Chris, Marcus, David, Travis and everybody else at Xtreme. That's no small feat.

Sounds like it's just a matter of making it official.

What was the previous record and how long did it stand?

Remember guys, that's an off the shelf intake manifold with factory heads. It is not a sheetmetal Beck or Wilson manifold with aftermarket castings underneath.

For anyone that's interested... the spooky part is this combination is relatively fresh. The entire combination might have 25 passes on it, all of them this Spring and Summer. The car has been under construction for quite some time. I know how much time and R&D went into that engine and combination.

In an era when forced induction and Nitrous power adders seem like they are taking over, it is refreshing to see the dedication to N/A Pumpgas mills that this crew has put into this project.

Good job Xtreme.

g
I'm not sure what the previous reccord was for a pump gas NA LSx setup but our T/A went 9.70 @ 136, 3350 lbs. If a 9.60 is the reccord, we won't be challenging it however since our 434 will be making 13.5:1 compression when it hits a track again.

Awesome times indeed!
Old 07-06-2008, 11:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Jonathan! Best of luck to you with your new combo!!
Old 07-07-2008, 08:08 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Klive
none... no self respecting shop in DFW would allow this tool to work for them... runs off to much business...
oh well it was you i had talked to awhile back. All of these names are messing with my head.
Old 07-07-2008, 03:05 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,143 Likes on 743 Posts

I banned Matt Tackel and Mike Hutto for what seems like the fourth time for both. Please ignore these two guys if they re-register.

I think the pump gas record had been held by Tick if I am not mistaken. I know a friend Magnus went 9.9x pump gas too not sure about if anyone went 'tween a .6 and a .9...

Quick Reply: 9.60@140 N/A, Pump Gas, Stock PCM.