Ok Just wrecked the t/a have a few ?s

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2008, 07:09 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ok Just wrecked the t/a have a few ?s

Ok so lm driving along and some jack *** forces me off the road and runs me into a curb at 40 mph , blows out the front tire bends two rims and twists the body , it also scraped the exhaust and oil pan and god knows what else oh yeah it also did some body damage !!! I have full coverage on it , but have heard that they will only pay you blue book value on the car ? does anyone know if this is true or not ? We also heard that they have to pay you at least what you owe the bank is this true ?
Old 07-16-2008, 07:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Moore
Ok so lm driving along and some jack *** forces me off the road and runs me into a curb at 40 mph , blows out the front tire bends two rims and twists the body , it also scraped the exhaust and oil pan and god knows what else oh yeah it also did some body damage !!! I have full coverage on it , but have heard that they will only pay you blue book value on the car ? does anyone know if this is true or not ? We also heard that they have to pay you at least what you owe the bank is this true ?
In most cases they will pay what you owe the bank.

BTW, I think 90% of F-body accidents have been somebody 'forcing them off the road'.
Old 07-16-2008, 07:22 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pretty sure what you owe and what the car is worth are two different things. If they total the car, they will offer you a market value price that they determine. Sometimes its fair, sometimes it not, sometimes they negotiate further. GAP insurance is what pays your car off when you owe more than its worth.
Old 07-16-2008, 07:25 AM
Teching In

They paid me cash value of my car which was i believe NADA price you can check it out at http://www.nada.com/ and see your cars value there thats what most places use
Old 07-16-2008, 07:53 AM
Teching In

thanks to all of you for your help !!! I sure hope they go off of nada , because as is with most on this site the car was in excellent condition !!!
Old 07-16-2008, 08:03 AM
TECH Addict

No air bag deployment you should be safe from them totaling it. I know some companies look at the damage to cost to value. A girl of mine got T bone in her TA, Usaa fix the car I thought they for sure was going to write it off. Mind you the ta has way over 130k on the clock and was clean.
Old 07-16-2008, 08:06 AM
Launching!

Keep us posted
Old 07-16-2008, 08:18 AM
Teching In

WOW that really sucks l would think they should have written that one off !!! The nada value is close to what we paid for it I think it is 12,900 , but when you hop over to kbb the value is only 8,900 !!! Wonder why such a big difference ? Anyhow I will keep you all updated , and keep your fingers crossed that they use nada !! Still would like to catch the bitch and choke her to death , she didnt even think twice about what she did i had my four year old in the car with me !!!
Old 07-16-2008, 08:44 AM
TECH Regular

In many cases it's better to let them hit you, their cars are softer than curbs and poles. Then you can collect from their insurance. In TX without contact they are not responcible for any damages you incurr avoiding them no matter what they do unless they are in the process of commiting a felony and you can prove it.

Vernon
Old 07-16-2008, 09:00 AM
Teching In

I doubt they had insurance that is probably why they ran ! Im sure they were crackheads , thats the part of town they were headed towards . When you are in a wreck your instinct is to not hit the car ! I am thankful that l did not hit it , my four year old probably would have gotten hurt . I know they did it on purpose they stayed in the middle of the road so l had nowhere to go . I guess envy is a fat bitch in a red altima !
Old 07-16-2008, 10:04 AM
TECH Resident

Insurance uses NADA and they also see what the average comparable car sold for in the area. More than likely you will have to fight with them. Who is your insurance provider?
Old 07-16-2008, 10:21 AM
Teching In

I totalled my t/a and they gave me 9500
Old 07-16-2008, 10:25 AM
Banned

hey man just out of curiosty would you buy the car back and be willing to sell it out right for what you bought it back for?? jw because im looking for a project car and this sounds like it would be a good start if the price is right
Old 07-16-2008, 10:56 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by LunaJ58
I totalled my t/a and they gave me 9500
In same situation, what happens to your car? can you keep and part out the usefull parts?
Old 07-16-2008, 12:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

insurance companys pay what they say the market value of the car is. I had a pristine 02 z28 with 30k on the clock that burned to the ground. They only gave me like 10k for it and i had to pay off the rest of the loan out of pocket. If you have gap insurance they pay what you owe, but most people dont have that, especially on an older car.
Old 07-16-2008, 12:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

how do people get so upside down in a Fbody?!?!?
Old 07-16-2008, 12:51 PM
Teching In

Im going through the same **** right now, some stupid bitch ran me off the road too back on June 26. She had been driving for a week WTF was she doing on the mudafcken freeway/feeder. Now USAA and the shop are trying to low ball the **** out of me per what I heard from the Estimators, I have yet to listen to there first offer because they are dragging there mudfckn feet and taking there sweet *** time. Now I probably have to get another mdfckn loan to get another car and be in the whole for another fckn 3 years. And it's so fckn hard to find a decently priced Ws6 with low miles, everyone wants the stars and moon for there car. As of now Im stuck driving around like a greenpeace *** on a gay *** looking Kia rental.

sorry, I had to rant Im pisted with my situation
Old 07-16-2008, 12:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by redsox_ws6
Now USAA and the shop are trying to low ball the **** out of me

everyone wants the stars and moon for there car
That just struck me as ...
Old 07-16-2008, 01:15 PM
Launching!

I just got my TA back about 3 weeks ago after a month and a half of not having it, cause a C6 Corvette hit my Trans Am.. when it was parked on my sidestreet (I was inside for the night). He ended up damn near destroying my front end and luckily a neighbor called the police. It cost $8500 to fix... brand new front end bumper/fender, drivers side side skirt, door repaired, ENTIRELY NEW COMPLETE front suspension. I bought the car for $9000... u bet they almost totaled it lol.

I did get my 17" MF C6 Motorsports and a set of 275/40 tires out of it tho lol.
Old 07-16-2008, 04:03 PM
On The Tree

If you have receipts of all your mod's and they know about it...They will give you more. Spoke to my insurace co. last week.

Going to dive there Friday to get them to document and copies of all the receipts.