Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2008, 06:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

damn...you still make homebrew stuff? im always down for trying new brewskies
Old 07-24-2008, 07:51 PM
TECH Regular

Been drinking Budweiser for about 15 years, right up until InBev bought them (not just shares, they outright bought Anheuser-Busch)... they say merger so as to hide the fact that they are foreign owned. I heard a rumor that Shiner was bought by Miller several years ago... before the South Africans and Canadians took control. Coors is also owned by Canadians (Molson). From here on out, its all Lone Star for me.

Anyone else notice that Budweiser labels here in Texas are going to the standard label i.e no more State of Texas on the labels?
Old 07-24-2008, 08:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DSIM
Been drinking Budweiser for about 15 years, right up until InBev bought them (not just shares, they outright bought Anheuser-Busch)... they say merger so as to hide the fact that they are foreign owned. I heard a rumor that Shiner was bought by Miller several years ago... before the South Africans and Canadians took control. Coors is also owned by Canadians (Molson). From here on out, its all Lone Star for me.

Anyone else notice that Budweiser labels here in Texas are going to the standard label i.e no more State of Texas on the labels?
It wasn't an outright purcahse of the company, the Anhauser-Bush family still owns half the company, it's still brewed in the states, it's still an American brewed beer, InBev just wanted some cut since it is the leading company in Europe and distributes the A/B products over there, as far as the Budweiser lables, you will see a few more changes in the labels over the year, The 'Great American Lager' is comming off all advertising campaigns and going back to "King of Beers".....let me see if I can log onto my work email right quick and I'll post it here for you guys to read the details of the purchase....
Old 07-24-2008, 08:30 PM
Launching!

hmm i normally dont care im a miller , coors , and bud light guy ill get the cheapest and im a little dissapointed all their profits dont stay in the U.S any more but if their prices go down im all for it
Old 07-24-2008, 08:32 PM
Launching!

I was a Bud drinker also until I found that out. Think I might try Samuel Adams.
Old 07-24-2008, 08:36 PM
TECH Regular

Hey everything is outsourced these days, what do you expect ?!
Old 07-24-2008, 08:43 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by GreatWhiteZ28
It wasn't an outright purcahse of the company, the Anhauser-Bush family still owns half the company, it's still brewed in the states, it's still an American brewed beer, InBev just wanted some cut since it is the leading company in Europe and distributes the A/B products over there, as far as the Budweiser lables, you will see a few more changes in the labels over the year, The 'Great American Lager' is comming off all advertising campaigns and going back to "King of Beers".....let me see if I can log onto my work email right quick and I'll post it here for you guys to read the details of the purchase....

Sorry dude, nobody forks over 52 BILLION dollars for half of the company. You might want to look that over again....

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/14/bu...nt&oref=slogin

http://news.mywebpal.com/partners/68...ews915844.html

InBev agreed to let some of the board of directors remain, but InBev owns 100% of Anheuser Busch. Besides, the Busch family only had something like 18% of the shares before InBev stepped in... how did they go from 18% to 50%?
Old 07-24-2008, 08:45 PM
Launching!

Before you know it, won't be America anymore....
Old 07-24-2008, 08:53 PM
Griml[]ck

Is it true that most beer in German is drank at room temperature since it's just the simple four ingredients and that is how your taste bud is supposed to grab the flavors of them?
Old 07-24-2008, 09:10 PM
Launching!

budlight and keystone all the way, I like shiner every now and then but it gets expensive, the only problem is keystone doesn't sell 30 packs in central Texas
Old 07-25-2008, 07:15 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by GreatWhiteZ28

Not knocking you or using spell check, but if I worked for a company I would at least know how to spell it...lol j/k it would be Anheuser-Busch
Old 07-25-2008, 07:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Griml[]ck
Is it true that most beer in German is drank at room temperature since it's just the simple four ingredients and that is how your taste bud is supposed to grab the flavors of them?
yes thats true... but its slightly cooler than room temp
Old 07-25-2008, 07:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by DSIM
I heard a rumor that Shiner was bought by Miller several years ago... before the South Africans and Canadians took control.

You heard a rumor? please dont use wiki as a source should you try to prove that rumor... did not happen
Old 07-25-2008, 07:54 AM
11 Second Club

I guess its Shiner and Lonestar for me now! I used to be nothing but a Bud-Light man! And an ocassional natural light when visiting my dad. I guess its time for a change. ...hell the U.S. is doing it, and so is the ONE MAJOR BEER COMPANY that stood for AMERICA! It will be hard, but the transition will start tonight!!!
Old 07-25-2008, 08:06 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by AGRV8D
You heard a rumor? please dont use wiki as a source should you try to prove that rumor... did not happen

A friend of mine told me that while I was stationed at Ft. Knox. Seeing as how it was right after 9/11 when he told me that I really didn't have time to check it out.... just passing on what was told to me. Never really cared to investigate it until now.
Old 07-25-2008, 09:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

ft knox for Basic?
Old 07-25-2008, 09:37 AM
11 Second Club

Ft. Sill, Oklahoma for basic here! And their budlight was weaker than Texas beer! They said something about the laws and they dont favor drunk driving! bunch of BS if you ask me! LOL
Old 07-25-2008, 10:19 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by AGRV8D
ft knox for Basic?

Basic (well, OSUT 19D) and my permanent duty station. Was there from 98-02 (OPFOR for the 2lt Tanker school). Let me tell you how fun that was.....
Old 07-25-2008, 10:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

OPFOR is fun... did it in Germany a few times.... not stationed at Hohensfels, but still participated in OPFOR functions

Basic at Delta 1/46 Raging Bull
Old 07-25-2008, 11:11 AM
TECH Regular

Oh yea, OPFOR rocked. Wish I could say the same for the rest of Ft. Knox......

Back on subject.... BOOO Anheuser Busch!!