Anheuser Busch

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2008, 12:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ProStreet_632
Not knocking you or using spell check, but if I worked for a company I would at least know how to spell it...lol j/k it would be Anheuser-Busch
I don't work for A/B directly....we're a contracted Distributor for A/B products
Old 07-25-2008, 12:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DSIM
Sorry dude, nobody forks over 52 BILLION dollars for half of the company. You might want to look that over again....

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/14/bu...nt&oref=slogin

http://news.mywebpal.com/partners/68...ews915844.html

InBev agreed to let some of the board of directors remain, but InBev owns 100% of Anheuser Busch. Besides, the Busch family only had something like 18% of the shares before InBev stepped in... how did they go from 18% to 50%?
and yeah you would when the company gorss' over 36BILLION a year......Like I said, I will find the A/B news letter, and A/B still owns some....it's like a 60/30 split..and yes InBev has the 60%.............But honestly..WTF does it matter? No Beer american Beer is American owned anymore...As long as it's not owned by a terroristic nation...I could care less...
Old 07-25-2008, 01:40 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by GreatWhiteZ28
.............But honestly..WTF does it matter? No Beer american Beer is American owned anymore...As long as it's not owned by a terroristic nation...I could care less...

BOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-25-2008, 02:20 PM
TECH Regular

and yeah you would when the company gorss' over 36BILLION a year......Like I said, I will find the A/B news letter, and A/B still owns some....it's like a 60/30 split..and yes InBev has the 60%.............But honestly..WTF does it matter? No Beer american Beer is American owned anymore...As long as it's not owned by a terroristic nation...I could care less...

Did you even read the links? There is a reason every article I have read says that InBev is BUYING out A-B... not some of it. We are all still waiting for those emails you have on the details of the sale. I have been following this ever since it was announced that InBev made the unsolicited offer.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/anheuser_inbev_agreement_dc

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080714/...er_busch_inbev

Some more links to show you that InBev now owns A-B, not some of A-B

BTW: A-B did/does not gross 36 billion a year (can you provide some proof of that?)... the combination of InBev and A-B will gross 36 billion (as stated in one of the links I provided you earlier).
Old 07-25-2008, 02:56 PM
11 Second Club

All I gotta say is that if they Sell "CORVETTE" or "CHEVROLET" to some foreign country, regardless if its part share or full, I'm starting a WAR! You can take that to the bank!! Any takers!
Old 07-25-2008, 03:24 PM
TECH Regular

Better get ready to pay more for that Bud/Bud Light....

Originally Posted by http://www.bizjournals.com/jacksonville/stories/2008/07/21/daily26.html
A-B also said it plans to raise prices on the majority of its U.S. beer volume in September and October to deal with rising agricultural material costs, brewing material costs and some continued increase from energy costs.

These price hikes will affect 85 percent of the company's domestic volume and will be tailored to selected markets, brands and packages.
Also from that article.....

On July 13, Anheuser accepted a sweetened $52 billion takeover bid from Belgian InBev, creating the world's largest brewer.
Once again showing that A-B was bought out.
Old 07-25-2008, 09:32 PM
TECH Regular

Eh, whatever I'll stick with my Shiner 99......mmmmmmm beeer
Old 07-25-2008, 09:42 PM
On The Tree

bud for me!
Old 07-25-2008, 09:50 PM
Staging Lane

im drinkin a bud light right now, as long as they don't change the taste or price im good to go
Old 07-25-2008, 11:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sarge_13
Shiner Bock>* (as far as beer goes)
X10 GOOD OL TEXAS BEER!!!!
Old 07-26-2008, 04:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by clean99
budlight and keystone all the way, I like shiner every now and then but it gets expensive, the only problem is keystone doesn't sell 30 packs in central Texas
I feel your pain brother do you like keystone black??
Old 07-26-2008, 09:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Corona + Tecate + Modelo > * /thread
Old 07-26-2008, 05:26 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by clean99
budlight and keystone all the way, I like shiner every now and then but it gets expensive, the only problem is keystone doesn't sell 30 packs in central Texas
that would suck , i was told in the north east specificaly conecticut they sell 30's of budlight and coors etc.
Old 07-27-2008, 09:55 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by TA adam
that would suck , i was told in the north east specificaly conecticut they sell 30's of budlight and coors etc.

You can get a 32oz of bud/bud light at the gas station.....
Old 07-27-2008, 07:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DSIM
Did you even read the links? There is a reason every article I have read says that InBev is BUYING out A-B... not some of it. We are all still waiting for those emails you have on the details of the sale. I have been following this ever since it was announced that InBev made the unsolicited offer.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/anheuser_inbev_agreement_dc

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080714/...er_busch_inbev

Some more links to show you that InBev now owns A-B, not some of A-B

BTW: A-B did/does not gross 36 billion a year (can you provide some proof of that?)... the combination of InBev and A-B will gross 36 billion (as stated in one of the links I provided you earlier).

It's on A/B's site on undet the A/B news section....I have not been to the warehouse yet to forward the article to my home...
Old 07-27-2008, 08:06 PM
12 Second Club

I actually live about 10min from the Shiner brewery....if you ever saw it you wouldn't think that was it....tiny *** building......I'm a Lonestar man my self and have been known to consume some Shiner every now and then.
Old 07-27-2008, 10:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I drink the **** out of some keystone.

I love me the dirty thirty, but when Ive got some spare cash I get Budweiser.

Nothing is better than a 10 cup and 10 beer (per side) game of beer pong with budweiser.
Old 07-28-2008, 07:42 AM
TECH Regular

It's on A/B's site on undet the A/B news section....I have not been to the warehouse yet to forward the article to my home...

You refering to this?

InBev and Anheuser-Busch Agree to Combine, Creating the Global Leader in Beer with Budweiser as its Flagship Brand

InBev and Anheuser-Busch have announced an agreement to combine the two companies, forming the world’s leading global brewer. Anheuser-Busch shareholders will receive $70 per share in cash, for an aggregate equity value of $52 billion, in an industry-transforming transaction. READ MORE.
Thats business 101. When someone hands over $70/share to ALL SHAREHOLDERS they are buying out ALL of the stock becoming 100% OWNERS of the company. The "agreeing to merge" is just damage control to the consumers. When they *think* that A-B will still be owned by the same folks they are more willing to keep drinking the product. Reading a little more nets this.....

InBev has fully committed financing for the purchase of all of Anheuser-Busch’s outstanding shares.
Once again, when you own 100% of the stock.......

Also from the Final Press Release (you really should read that sometime)....

Anheuser-Busch will become a wholly owned subsidiary of InBev upon
the completion of this transaction.
Still think is a merger?

Budweiser, brought to you by the snapperheads in Belgium.

Originally Posted by The Postman
I actually live about 10min from the Shiner brewery....if you ever saw it you wouldn't think that was it....tiny *** building......I'm a Lonestar man my self and have been known to consume some Shiner every now and then.

Lone Star=owned by Pabst (got no problem with that) but all brewing is contracted out to Miller Breweries.

Last edited by DSIM; 07-28-2008 at 09:56 AM.
Old 07-28-2008, 09:50 AM
10 Second Club

DogFishHead FTMFW! who cares where it is made.... it knocks ya silly and tastes great!
Old 07-28-2008, 11:04 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by WizeAss
DogFishHead FTMFW! who cares where it is made.... it knocks ya silly and tastes great!
I absolutely LOVE their 60 minute, their 90 minute is alright, and their 120 is awful (IMO). It's like they got so focused on making the biggest IBU beer they could (mission accomplished), and forgot to give it a malt backbone which is VITAL to a big hoppy beer!

And I agree....I spend ALOT of money every year on great beers from around the world. Some of the best are NOT from the USA.

Largest Stocking Distributor of LS-x Engines / CHECK OUT OUR NEW WEBSITE!

COMP - FAST - PACESETTER - DIAMOND RACING - EAGLE SPECIALTY PRODUCTS - CALLIES - COMETIC GASKETS
RAM CLUTCHES - MOSER ENGINEERING - KOOK'S HEADERS - ARP - GM BOLTS AND GASKETS - MSD - NGK
POWERBOND - ASP - AND MORE!