So I double parked and got 2 letters

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 01:57 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by I RaCE In HeeLs
Yea, a little while ago I told the security guard what happened and he is going to keep a look out for my car. I told the CEO who is cool with me and some other nurses and he said there is no hospital rule that says I cant double park. He said if there is any damage the hospital would pay for it. He typed it up signed it up and I signed it!!
I'm sorry, but I call BS. Unless of course you're blowing the CEO.

You expect us to believe the Hospital CEO gives a crap enough about your car to tell you, "Sure, you can have 2 spots," especially in his packed parking lot, then, give you something in writing saying they'll pay for any damage to your car while it's in the parking lot??? Seriously, am I the only one not buying this???

Look, I understand you love your car. Hell, we all love our cars, but you need to grow up and stop being so selfish. If you're talking about the Hospital I think you're talking about (Sweetwater & HWY 59), everytime I go there, the lots are so full, that people have to park on Town Center Blvd. It's been a few months since I've been by there, so things may have changed, but if you are in fact doing this in a crowded lot, then shame on you. Of course, if I am mistaken and this is a different hospital with plenty of extra parking, and you're doing this in the back of the lot, then more power to you. But, if this is where I think it is, then maybe you should be one of the people parked out on the street. At least that way you don't have to worry about any door dings,.... now sideswipes.... that's a different story.

Last edited by Corny40; 07-29-2008 at 10:03 AM.
Old 07-29-2008, 02:24 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by RavensHawk
Wow, what's the hell is the CEO doing at the hospital at 10:00 at night??
Did the security guard review the camera footage and see who put the note in your car??
Whytf would a security guard check the cameras bc 2 notes were placed in a car that was double parked?

And I agree with corney. If the parking lot is packed, its pretty damn dick to take up 2 spots. Now if theres plenty of room, then it shouldnt be a big deal.
Old 07-29-2008, 06:47 AM
TECH Apprentice

I know here at IAH, if you double park in one of our parking garages your car will be towed. No matter how many spots are available. Most places of business tell their employees to park at the back of the lot to save the up-front spaces for their customers.
Old 07-29-2008, 06:58 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Quit double parking. Especially in crowded parking lots. Your car is not more special than anyone else's, and it DOES make you look like a douchebag when you double park, doesn't matter what you drive.

Be glad you didn't earn some free pinstripes instead of those notes, or a slashed tire or two.

Last edited by Nine Ball; 07-29-2008 at 07:50 AM.
Old 07-29-2008, 07:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
Quit double parking. Especially in crowded parking lots. Your car is no special than anyone elses, and it DOES make you look like a douchebag when you double park, doesn't matter what you drive.

Be glad you didn't earn some free pinstripes instead of those notes, or a slashed tire or two.

p.s. I left the high maintenance bitch note
Old 07-29-2008, 07:15 AM
Griml[]ck

Maybe most of us misread her post but I can't find the reference. Does she park far away where there is nobody around for like 20 yards and there is not a detriment to the parking area or is she double parking where people around are already having to park farther away? I'm reading she that she parks way in the back where there might not be as bad of a situation with parking.

Old 07-29-2008, 07:37 AM
Teching In

HAHAHAHA double parked huh i'm gon come park my car right on yours hahahaha who did u **** of at work girl?
Old 07-29-2008, 07:41 AM
TECH Regular

Doesnt matter how far you parked from the building. I dont recall ANY hospital having extra spaces during the day (not even in the little *** town I live in). As others have said, you are lucky that you dont have to have your car repainted or towed to get some new tires on.

And dont be so naive to think some security guard driving a golf cart around in 100+ degree heat is going to give 2 ***** about a car that got 2 deserving notes. Bottom line here, stop double parking. Its not right to make sick people walk far if you are taking up an extra spot. If you dont like door dings, get yourself a beater and drive that to work.
Old 07-29-2008, 07:50 AM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by I RaCE In HeeLs
Yea, a little while ago I told the security guard what happened and he is going to keep a look out for my car. I told the CEO who is cool with me and some other nurses and he said there is no hospital rule that says I cant double park. He said if there is any damage the hospital would pay for it. He typed it up signed it up and I signed it!!
Thats cool, someone at my job tryed saying that someone hit her car in the parking lot and they went and viewed the tape when she drove in that morning and sure enough the dent was already there. I feel the same way though, I park next to my friends at work or way the hell in the back. Some people are such jacka$$E$ when it comes to taking care of a car.
Old 07-29-2008, 07:58 AM
On The Tree

It only make sme mad when the people doubble park in a corwed parking lot and i would do the same thing bigbadbalck93z.. I mean super close and i write there plates down so if i have a dent or scratches im goin after that bia bia.

The worst my friends and i have done is there was a completly full parking lot and this guy quadruple parked in the front... So we hooked up the winch and moved his car out of the four spots. lmao
Old 07-29-2008, 08:00 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

I have a buddy with a rusty POS 4x4 truck, he purposely parks about 1" from the door of any vehicles he sees double parked. This makes the owner of that car crawl in from the passenger side to get in. Fun stuff.
Old 07-29-2008, 08:02 AM
Teching In

just an FYI she works the night hours
Old 07-29-2008, 08:21 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Donohue96M6Z28
Whytf would a security guard check the cameras bc 2 notes were placed in a car that was double parked?

And I agree with corney. If the parking lot is packed, its pretty damn dick to take up 2 spots. Now if theres plenty of room, then it shouldnt be a big deal.
http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4494805

Read her other post on LS1GTO. After reading that last night and looking at the post times, I was pretty sure it was BS. But, I was bored and wanted to see how far she would take it.

LS1Tech - "There isnt enough space at work to park way way back"
LS1GTO - "Im like the only 1 that parks at the back and there are spots EVERYWHERE."
Old 07-29-2008, 08:21 AM
Griml[]ck

Originally Posted by alexv6camaro
It only ..............

The worst my friends and i have done is there was a completly full parking lot and this guy quadruple parked in the front... So we hooked up the winch and moved his car out of the four spots. lmao

That would be a priceless video moment! I would pay to see the reaction on the owner's face and the curiosity to see if he/she thinks twice about doing that.

Old 07-29-2008, 08:30 AM
Teching In

Read her other post on LS1GTO. After reading that last night and looking at the post times, I was pretty sure it was BS. But, I was bored and wanted to see how far she would take it.

LS1GTO - "Im like the only 1 that parks at the back and there are spots EVERYWHERE."
I must say did any one bother to pay attention that the time listed at the bottom of that site was way off ??????
Old 07-29-2008, 08:34 AM
Teching In

You're right. Didn't notice that, but it still sounds like BS. Who knows??
Old 07-29-2008, 08:46 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by REV_IT_UP
just an FYI she works the night hours

So she works the night shift, yet leaves the windows down due to the heat? Damn that global warming.
Old 07-29-2008, 08:47 AM
Staging Lane

Just park in the Doctors area that will take care of everything..
Old 07-29-2008, 09:13 AM
Griml[]ck

Sometimes one goes in or around 5:00 p.m and it's still blistering hot outside. I'm sure many of us have had a night shift and cracked the windows because we wanted to keep the heat out of the car even if we knew we would be returning back in 8 hours. I'm neutral on this but just thinking of other aspects of this scenario like the rest of you gumshoes are doing. :wink:

"I had my windows cracked bc of the heat and as I...................."

Originally Posted by DSIM
So she works the night shift, yet leaves the windows down due to the heat? Damn that global warming.

Old 07-29-2008, 09:15 AM
Staging Lane

Love the YPLA Link from that thread.

Heels, Don't be surprised if you get flooded with citations from YPLA now. Oh... and BTW... Quit parking like an *******.

Last edited by OhOneWS6; 07-29-2008 at 10:16 AM.