So I double parked and got 2 letters

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2008, 10:03 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So I double parked and got 2 letters

I work at the hospital in Sugarland and everyday I go to work I double park at the back of the parking lot bc of D-bags that like to ding your car. I got off of work on Sunday around 4:30. I had my windows cracked bc of the heat and as I looked in the passenger seat I noticed a note. Someone took the time to write me a note saying, you need to learn how to park, you are not the only one on the road.. So whatever. Then today, I just went outside to get something out of my car and I see another note. It read, "Other people need to park too you know, your so inconsiderate you high maintenance bitch." lmao. At first I thought it may be a visitor at the hospital, now im thinking its probably a co-worker. I just dont want anyone to F with my car, but security roams the parking lot like every hr so I duno. Oh, and I only double park at work, other places i park way in the boonies!! There isnt enough space at work to park way way back. anyone else do the same?
Old 07-28-2008, 10:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

Lol I'd leave a note for the person come to leave me a note.
Old 07-28-2008, 10:07 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

when i drive the beater car I crowd up on people that park like that.
i'm talking park so close i have to get out of the passenger side close. i figure they don't want to play by the rules, why should i.
Old 07-28-2008, 10:09 PM
Staging Lane

I would pay my friend to hide in the backseat all day and when the **** sucker came to put a note I would have my friend pop up and shoot the douche bag in the face with a paint ball and take off out of their. This is the thinking that always gets my thrown in jail.
Old 07-28-2008, 10:21 PM
12 Second Club

lmao its a double edged sword
Old 07-28-2008, 10:32 PM
TECH Resident

yup, damned if you do, damned if ya dont
Old 07-28-2008, 10:38 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by bigbadblack93z
when i drive the beater car I crowd up on people that park like that.
i'm talking park so close i have to get out of the passenger side close. i figure they don't want to play by the rules, why should i.
maybe 1 day you'll have a car worthy of not wantin dicks to ding your car and know how it feels!
Old 07-28-2008, 10:44 PM
Teching In

Just thinking out loud here, but if someone saw your car double parked after walking a couple blocks from their parking spot in the houston heat I'd consider yourself lucky all you got was a note... much worse things could have been done. **** off someone with enough stroke at the hospital and I could see you getting towed...
Maybe you could park by another co worker you know would respect your car and watch their door. If that fails park by the nicest car you can find, chances are they will watch their door.
Old 07-28-2008, 10:52 PM
Teching In

Yea, a little while ago I told the security guard what happened and he is going to keep a look out for my car. I told the CEO who is cool with me and some other nurses and he said there is no hospital rule that says I cant double park. He said if there is any damage the hospital would pay for it. He typed it up signed it up and I signed it!!
Old 07-28-2008, 10:58 PM
12 Second Club

Heels: If your double parking in a crowded parking lot, you can expect such remarks from other people. As Blake said, your lucky all they did was leave a note. Perhaps try finding a more desolate spot, or try and find a parking spot with a curb on one side. Then try parking as close to the curb, minimizing the chance of somebody else's mess up. Did you just recently get your car? I remember when I first got my ride, I'd walk the extra mile just to be safe. These days, I'll park it in between the "common" folks. In time, the new will wear off, or once your first ding appears.

BigbadblackZ: Wow, I hope one day you attempt to park next to my drivers side and I see you do it. I could only hope for that. Some people in this world work hard for their possessions and even harder to keep them the way they want. Then again there are people, like you, who have nothing better to do then to try and sabotage every step of others. Karma will get you my friend, one way or the other.
Old 07-28-2008, 10:59 PM
TECH Resident

well hell, there ya go. Thats bad ***. I would have a friend drive a semi into my car and let the hospital get me a new one...lol
Old 07-28-2008, 11:02 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by I RaCE In HeeLs
Yea, a little while ago I told the security guard what happened and he is going to keep a look out for my car. I told the CEO who is cool with me and some other nurses and he said there is no hospital rule that says I cant double park. He said if there is any damage the hospital would pay for it. He typed it up signed it up and I signed it!!
Dam, can't beat that. Ask for a reserved spot...
Old 07-28-2008, 11:10 PM
On The Tree

The hospital i work at just built a new critical care pavilion and new garage with badge access for employees. I used to double park and never got any letters or anything in the old lot, but everyone knows me and my car. You should hang a little mail box on your car that says "thanks for the mail bitches" That would be hillarious
Old 07-28-2008, 11:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

I say if you have a really nice car and there are plenty of spots there is nothing wrong with double parking in my book.

Some people have no respect for other peoples property (nice cars).
Old 07-28-2008, 11:22 PM
Teching In

I don't care what kind of car you have, nobody deserve to have their stuff messed up by some careless a-hole. Complete lack of respect all the way around.
The only suggestion I could come up with is have a couple of co-workers (friends) park on either side of you. But, you should probably stop double parking because it doesn't sound like this person is going to let it go. It is illegal, which means you could get a ticket or towed - even if it is private property, all it takes is someone calling it in.

Last edited by RavensHawk; 07-29-2008 at 12:36 AM. Reason: Missed the post about CEO conversation
Old 07-28-2008, 11:23 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by LS1LUNATIC
BigbadblackZ: Wow, I hope one day you attempt to park next to my drivers side and I see you do it. I could only hope for that. Some people in this world work hard for their possessions and even harder to keep them the way they want. Then again there are people, like you, who have nothing better to do then to try and sabotage every step of others. Karma will get you my friend, one way or the other.

Where did I say I was going to cause damage or injury? All I said was that someone thinks they have the right to take up 2 spots, I might as well join in. I think its bullshit when you go to a restaurant and someone has taken up 2 spots because they think their 5 yr old tahoe is going to get a chip. park perfectly between the lines and try to park by a curb and minimize your chances. keeping the empty spot on the passenger side helps too, the driver of another vehicle is usually more cautious than the kid that hops out of the passenger side.

As for people that think I don't have anything nice, call me when you have 3 autorama and 2 super chevy show trophies and then we can have a pissing contest.
Old 07-28-2008, 11:42 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I agree with bigbadblack93Z, but it depends on the situation, if theres plenty of spots and you do it in some back corner where people don't park, thats all good and well just don't inconvenience other people trying to find parking if it's in a crowded area, sorry, your not that important. Where I work when they were doing construction, we lost a ton of parking and some guy in a G35 took up two spots, I remember being pretty pissed off that I had to park on the street and walk across the entire parking lot and here is this D-bag taking up to spots when people in cars twice as expensive had no issues parking in one spot.
Old 07-28-2008, 11:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

Double parking in a crowded parking lot is a big no no. I don't care what kind of car you have, just carefully park in the center of a space. I remember hearing about cars being vandalized just because they double parked in a crowded lot. I'd rather have my car dinged than have the windows smashed and exterior keyed.

In an empty lot on the other hand, anyone who harasses you in just an *******.
Old 07-29-2008, 12:09 AM
Banned

work is the worst place! I recently found 3 dings in my door on my 5 month old tbss. I park away and if possible i will park hugging a curb to give whoever parks next to me enough room without chance of hitting my door. Well i drove it to work last week two days str8 to work and home. Now no way did it happen in my driveway. So one of my co workers hit my car not once but maybe twice! Now I have to pay a buddy who does dent removal to fix it! talking about some BULLSHIT! I think ******** who cant appreciate someones nice vehicle is a low life piece of ****! So what you may not drive the nicest car but people out there do and like to keep it that way!!

I say keep double parking....do they not have cameras? If all else fails start taking jacobys car bwhahhahah
Old 07-29-2008, 12:31 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by I RaCE In HeeLs
Wow, what's the hell is the CEO doing at the hospital at 10:00 at night??
Did the security guard review the camera footage and see who put the note in your car??